Fantasy Class Category 12 Penthouse Suites/Balconies

Did the balcony only have one very small end type table and two chairs? I was under the opinion it was larger, and had an outside dining type table, two chairs, and a lounger. We were just on the Crown Princess in Nov., and although the balconies were half the size of what the Ecstasy Cat 12 advertises, we had two chairs and a dining type table where we could have room service breakfast each morning. Will Carnival deliver a full room service breakfast?

breakfast in room is only fruit, cereal, pastries, bagels, juice, mill coffee--very basic

Did the balcony only have one very small end type table and two chairs? I was under the opinion it was larger, and had an outside dining type table, two chairs, and a lounger. We were just on the Crown Princess in Nov., and although the balconies were half the size of what the Ecstasy Cat 12 advertises, we had two chairs and a dining type table where we could have room service breakfast each morning. Will Carnival deliver a full room service breakfast?

Sorry, the week of getting back into reality has been rough. :) The balcony is not larger. You could fit one lounge chair on it sideways and then the two reg chairs and little table might still fit, but I am not sure about that. Maybe one lounger and one chair? Someone chime in, please .... You could put a full sized patio table out there, I think. That said room service breakfast is more of a continental type breakfast, not a full breakfast.

The two chairs and table left ample space though. We could sit back with the chair not all the way back and put our feet on the rail. Well, I could, hubby has short legs. :o If the Cat 11 balconies on fantasy class ships are smaller than the Cat 12 balconies I do not think I would have been happy with the balcony size, but as it was, it was larger than what I expected.

The night before we left we stayed in a gulfview room at the Hilton and the cabin was larger than that room. The bathroom was smaller than at the Hilton. There was no balcony at teh Hilton, but I would say the balcony was comparable but slightly larger to the balconies at the Sheraton and Omni in Corpus if you have stayed at either of those places.

And one more note -- since I haven't gotten to my actual write up. The bathtub is small. I am an obese woman but I could sit down in it with my hips touching teh sides. Any average sized woman would fit in it comfortably. A tall woman would have trouble I think. Hubby was not willing to sit in a tub, even for the sake of science.

The tub makes the entrance to the shower VERY high. They really need to put a bar next to the shower to assist people in getting in and out. The edge of teh tub LITERALLY came up to my mid thigh.

Though there were some improvements that I think are reasonable requests (like the handle to assist in teh leap in and out of teh shower) I would not trade this room for a thing ....

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some shots of Cabin U94 on the Fascination. I haven't had time to add captions.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/562275980WtyFhn

The room was a good size, we used the bed as a queen and our son used the sofa bed. The sofa bed was always made into a bed, and not put back into a sofa during the day. Even in this configuration, we never felt crowded (myself, wife and 3 year old). Our son pretty much played with his cars and such on his bed. The balcony was a good size, I was disappointed in the chairs, as we had 2 white resin type chairs you buy at walmart for $5, and a little side table. The Tub is very high to step into. There is plenty of storage space in the closet, as well as in the drawers in the "desk". The refrigerator only had cans of soda on the top wire shelf, so there was plenty of room for our own stuff. I should be writing a review in the next couple of days.

I booked ST guarantee for Sensation sailing 2 21 08.

The day of the booking I was assigned cat 12!:D

Sailed in Dec 2008 cat 11 on Inspiration.

It should be interesting comparing the 2.

Granted the Inspiration was just re-done....but the cat 12 on Sensation should have bigger balcony.

Only thing I am sad about is that I recieved the upgrade for my first only girl's week end cruise......hubby will be home with the kids and pets.:mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Just a thanks for all the info on cat. 12. We're sailing on the Elation in April in that suite, and I'm grateful for all the photos, esp. the one with the couch made into the bed as that's where one person will be sleeping. I can't wait!

Hey folks! I have noticed with almost everyones great photos of their Cat 12 staterooms that the balcony chairs are different???? Some are metal and some are cheapo plastic? Would anyone know for sure what type of chairs are on the Imaginations Cat 12 balconies! Thanks much Mikil

Hey folks! I have noticed with almost everyones great photos of their Cat 12 staterooms that the balcony chairs are different???? Some are metal and some are cheapo plastic? Would anyone know for sure what type of chairs are on the Imaginations Cat 12 balconies! Thanks much Mikil

I just came off the Inspiration this last weekend and Imagination and Inspiration are the only two so far to get all the Evolutions upgrades including all redone suites and My Cat 12 had metal chairs. Good luck !!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the photos, now I'm confused. You show a hairdryer in one photo. Is it yours or did the ship supply it? I was under the impression there were no hairdryers in the cabins.

How many chairs were on the balcony? There's three of us in a cat. 12 on the Elation next week, and I just want to know if I should ask for an extra chair.

Thanks for the photos, now I'm confused. You show a hairdryer in one photo. Is it yours or did the ship supply it? I was under the impression there were no hairdryers in the cabins.

How many chairs were on the balcony? There's three of us in a cat. 12 on the Elation next week, and I just want to know if I should ask for an extra chair.

Sometimes there is a hairdryer behind the "secret door". That would be the first mirror on the right looking at the dresser chair.

Two chairs and a small table. You can call the purser and request another chair plenty of room for it.

Anyone have Photos of the Imagniation since the Evolutions of fun upgrades?

Also..what is that brown thing we see on all the beds? It's not big enough to be a comforter is it?

We will be in U107 sailing May 10th!

The brown thing is to put your luggage on so it doesn't get on the bed itself.

THANK YOU to the OP for this thread, and thank you to those who posted pics! We are staying in this category room on the Sensation next April, and these pics are a HUGE help!

You are welcome!

And again a big thank you to all who continue to post reviews and pictures.

I love it when those of us here on Cruise Critic, remember to come back and help future cruisers!

I give a big toast to all of you on your Fantasy Class Category 12 balconies!

We just got off the Inspiration last week and here are two pics of our Cat 12. We were in U115 to be exact. I wish I had a clear shot of the balcony - that was the best part of the suite! I spent many an hour out there looking at the ocean - was perfect! I thought the redo of the cabin was perfect - everything really was new. If anyone wants to know more, my review was posted in the reviews section. And thanks to CJW who started this thread, this is great helping others :)

Eva

696071120_cat12.jpg.248b041de1acc24a1e241f788fe12481.jpg

464707840_cat12pic2.jpg.648bbd034ba429d7632fdb4690ab2bc1.jpg

I have a question for you experts. I've been reading about guaranteed and nonguaranteed rooms and I'm confused! I booked online last month, Cat 12, and I got to pick a room number. I read somewhere that if you get to pick your room number, you're not guaranteed? I am so lost! Can anyone shed some light? :confused:

If you picked a room, you got that room. We picked a Cat 11 gty, that means I don't get to pick what room I get to stay in, but I get AT LEAST a cat 11 suite for a little less money. In my case, I got up graded to a cat 12 for less than the price of a cat 11.

When doing this you realize the downside is you could be stuck with a cat 11 obstructed view! This time it worked out for us, if your not willing to have the cat 11 obstructed view, don't get the gty, you won't always get upgraded to a cat 12.

Sorry if what I'm about to ask, has already been answered on one of the pages of this thread - I was just so thrilled to be gaining so much info on cat 11 & cat 12 catagories, that I just flipped through fast :o

I do not know the 'classes' of the ships...can you believe that...I've never paid attention. I could go to the Carnival site, but I'll pick your brains first..

What class is the Carnival Liberty and the Carnival Spirit? (Ok, on the 'Carnival Spirt'...isnt there a "spirit class?"...duh, would make sense, but incase I'm wrong, I'd like to be corrected). And what would those classes mean to me regarding good or bad for the Cat 11 or 12? I know, something I should have asked Carnival....

I am also wondering about the extra services offered if you're Cat 11 or 12. I had a Carnival rep tell me that if you're Cat 11 or 12, they do your laundry for free. What brought that up, I asked how close was I going to be to, what they call, a Launderette....he immed. said, if you're on those Cat's, they do your laundry for you! Hmmmmmmmm I've mentioned it to others & they said they had no idea, and they had been in those Cat's before! So is that like the secret menu for In 'n Out burgers? (for those of you who do not know that chain of burger joints - yummy, they have a secret menu that is not listed for all to see - Google it...duh :) ) Its like you know you get VIP boarding...nice room, balcony, hair dryer (when you know where to look :) which I've made note of) etc...but they dont really advertise they'll do your laundry too, but they do "if" you know about it? *sigh* Anyhoooooooo.....

We're going to be in those Catagories on those ships, usually just have a regular Quad room w/balcony...so it will be nice to have all that room.

I really do appreciate the pics of the balconies/room that have been posted - cant wait for the cruise! :D

Sorry if what I'm about to ask, has already been answered on one of the pages of this thread - I was just so thrilled to be gaining so much info on cat 11 & cat 12 catagories, that I just flipped through fast :o

I do not know the 'classes' of the ships...can you believe that...I've never paid attention. I could go to the Carnival site, but I'll pick your brains first..

What class is the Carnival Liberty and the Carnival Spirit? (Ok, on the 'Carnival Spirt'...isnt there a "spirit class?"...duh, would make sense, but incase I'm wrong, I'd like to be corrected). And what would those classes mean to me regarding good or bad for the Cat 11 or 12? I know, something I should have asked Carnival....

I am also wondering about the extra services offered if you're Cat 11 or 12. I had a Carnival rep tell me that if you're Cat 11 or 12, they do your laundry for free. What brought that up, I asked how close was I going to be to, what they call, a Launderette....he immed. said, if you're on those Cat's, they do your laundry for you! Hmmmmmmmm I've mentioned it to others & they said they had no idea, and they had been in those Cat's before! So is that like the secret menu for In 'n Out burgers? (for those of you who do not know that chain of burger joints - yummy, they have a secret menu that is not listed for all to see - Google it...duh :) ) Its like you know you get VIP boarding...nice room, balcony, hair dryer (when you know where to look :) which I've made note of) etc...but they dont really advertise they'll do your laundry too, but they do "if" you know about it? *sigh* Anyhoooooooo.....

We're going to be in those Catagories on those ships, usually just have a regular Quad room w/balcony...so it will be nice to have all that room.

I really do appreciate the pics of the balconies/room that have been posted - cant wait for the cruise! :D

Neither the Liberty or Spirit are Fantasy class ships, so nothing on this thread would pertain to your sailing. I was in a 12 on the Inspiration this past week and paid for laundry. It is my understanding that free laundry service is a perk of being a Platinum Carnival guest (10 or more cruises).

Hope you can find what you are looking for. Enjoy your cruises!

Archived