Fantasy Class Category 12 Penthouse Suites/Balconies

The Liberty is a Conquest class ship 2nd newest ship in the fleet. The Spirt is a Spirt class ship. We have sailed once in a Fantasy class cat.11 and six times in a cat.12 of the Fantasy class. They are not not the same as the above other two classes. I do not think the cat.11 on a Fantasy class is a good valve due to the cabins location. We love the Fantasy class ships and the cat.12 cabins. Are they as nice as the newest ship Freedom`s cat.12 cabins which we have also sailed on? IMO no they are not but they are still wonderful cabins on great ships.

You do not get free laundry with a cat.11 or 12 cabin. You only get one free bag of laundry per day when platinum.

Enjoy your cruise what ever cabin/ship/line you choose.

Gary

Here is a link to 31 photos of U115 Category 12 on the Inspiration taken last week, April 7-12th. I am working on a review, but it may be day or two before I am caught up with my work. Enjoy! This was a great cabin, beautifully renovated, and immaculately clean.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=184747154/a=6729935_6729935/t_=6729935

Snapfish may require you to register; I prefer this site to the others and have never received spam.

Again, I need to look at the 'class' of ship. :) I see that the ones I will be on, are not of the classes this thread is mentioning, but guess what - it will only be a matter of time & I will :D - good info to reflect on when I do.

Good to know about the laundry deal too, no wonder the folks I've talked to had that :confused: on their face/or in their voice. Ahhh, but "guess what" there too, it will only be a short period of time & I will be Platinum ;) thats my plan anyway....what Uncle Sam & this economy ends up deciding for me as to what type of vacation I can take kinda does throw a monkey wrench into it....BUT I'll get there! :D

Again, thanks for the info that has been provided :)

Just got off teh phone with a Carnival rep who tried to tell me the bathtub/jacuzzi thing is "plenty" big enough for two people....I find that hard to believe, anyone able to comment about this for me?

I am 4-feet 11-inches tall. I could recline and be comfortable in the tub. One person is great; two would be impossible. It is a nice tub and has nice jets; none are near your back, but nice for feet. You are right to doubt this. My pictures above show lots of shots of the redone bathroom on the Inspiration, including several of the tub.

Just got off teh phone with a Carnival rep who tried to tell me the bathtub/jacuzzi thing is "plenty" big enough for two people....I find that hard to believe, anyone able to comment about this for me?

That the carnival rep is either smoking crack or he meant two five year olds.

I am 6'2" and no way was there room for two in any of our jacuzzi/tubs in a cat.12 cabin on a Fantasy class :( . Unless of course you were standing up. I will add that the jacuzzi/tub is a little larger and a whole lot nicer on the Freedom which is the last of the Conquest class.

I am 6'2" and no way was there room for two in any of our jacuzzi/tubs in a cat.12 cabin on a Fantasy class :( . Unless of course you were standing up. I will add that the jacuzzi/tub is a little larger and a whole lot nicer on the Freedom which is the last of the Conquest class.

Bummer, no kinky stuff for me =(

• 2 weeks later...

First, thanks for all the info on the Cat. 12 suite. We had it on the Elation last week (ship not yet upgraded). My comments:

I had them separate the beds because when it was in the one bed formation there was a very narrow path between the wall and the bed, and I was worried about tripping in the night. I would assume once they remove the wall (as per upgrade) this won't be a problem. The lights behind the beds were fine for reading in bed, I didn't need the booklight I brought. There were two plug outlets in the dresser area, I had expected one. There was also one over by the couch that the third person used to plug in their iPod and cell phone. Not sure what will happen to that outlet when they remove the wall there in the upgrade.

The hair dryer was right where everyone said it was, and it worked fine (short hair) for me. The bathtub might fit two toddlers but no way would it seat two adults. Also, my 6'4" DH said he could not stand up straight in the shower. But since he used the ones in the gym every morning, he didn't discover this until our last day so no big deal. He said the gym showers were great.

We did ask for an extra chair (three of us in cabin) for the balcony, and it wasn't a problem. I can't see where they'd put a lounge chair, it would be a tight fit IMO. The TV was flat screen which was a nice surprise, I didn't realize that had been upgraded. If there was a DVD or VCR player, now that I think about it, I didn't notice it. Then again we didn't need it.

We asked to have the couch (third bed) made back into a couch each a.m., no problem. The person who slept there said it was fine. Plenty of drawer and closet storage space for three people, and we weren't tripping over each other.

DH said he'd get that cabin again in a heartbeat, we loved it!

• 3 months later...

This thread made me change my cruise!

I was booked in a regular balcony, but now I've cancelled that and booked a 12A on the Fascination.

Ok, ok...so I was already considering changing, for various and sundry reasons, but I got really excited reading what you had to say and took the plunge.

I've only been on one Fantasy class ship and it was about 100 years ago, but people really seem to like them so I"m looking forward to it.

Does anyone know when the Fascination is scheduled to get the rest of the EOF upgrades? I'm reasonably sure it's not before I cruise in April, but I'm still curious.

Thanks again for the great information!

This thread made me change my cruise!

I was booked in a regular balcony, but now I've cancelled that and booked a 12A on the Fascination.

Ok, ok...so I was already considering changing, for various and sundry reasons, but I got really excited reading what you had to say and took the plunge.

I've only been on one Fantasy class ship and it was about 100 years ago, but people really seem to like them so I"m looking forward to it.

Does anyone know when the Fascination is scheduled to get the rest of the EOF upgrades? I'm reasonably sure it's not before I cruise in April, but I'm still curious.

Thanks again for the great information!

Thought I might find you here! I haven't seen a date yet for Fascination to get the rest of the EOF upgrades. (I went looking for this thread to post a link for it in your "help me choose" thread.)

Thought I might find you here! I haven't seen a date yet for Fascination to get the rest of the EOF upgrades. (I went looking for this thread to post a link for it in your "help me choose" thread.)

Awww....so sweet. Thanks for looking out for me! :D

Hello Everyone,

I glanced through this thread quickly and found it informative and interesting! My questions are about the Conquest. 1. What are the shows like? 2. has anyone heard any thing Neg. about the cabins on the spa deck? I will be sailing with a party of 9, 3 of these women are over 65 and one of them will be celebrating her 80th B-Day. These women can walk and stand but not far or for a long time!!! I don't expect priority embarkation but would appreciate a little consideration and would be willing to pay a fee. 3. Are there services for the elderly or handicapped [ not wheel chair handicap but more like special parking rights ]? I have sailed out of Galveston before and stood in line for longer then these women will be able. We can arrive early but I'm not sure that will solve the problem. PLEASE HELP!

Thank You

Julie

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

CJW..:D I'm Back ! :D Well I was hooked after having that Cat 12 on the Inspiration this Past February. I have another booked on the Imagination for this June, 2009 and can't wait. I did have a friend of mine on the Inspiration cruise that had a Cat 11 # V-15 and I must tell you that I was sooooooo Glad I up-graded to the 12.. Sorry..:o I know your a Cat 11 fan but I spent about an hour in that cabin and on that Balcony and could not wait to get back down to U-74 ! :D That's why were are all different I guess.. Thanks once more for this Thread as it is still staying current.. Mr Jailerman..

We just had U70 on the Fantasy (family of four) and LOVED IT!!!

I am sooo hooked on that jacuzzi tub!!

Hey LHP! Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed it.

Whenever you have a few moments, it would be great if you could share any pics of the cabin - or even a short review of the cabin itself here - and how it was for your family.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Linda glad to see you had a wonderful time on the Fantasy. That was the first cruise ship Sarah and I ever sailed on. So it will always be special for us. Hope you and the family had a wonderful Christmas season.

Gary

what a fantastic thread

my husband & I will be in U76 on the Ecstasy 4/18/09 and my stepdaughter and her girlfriend will be right next door in U80

even though I've sailed on the Ecstasy 3 times in the past, the suites are going to make it way more fun!

bummer about the dividers between the balconies not opening, though

• 4 weeks later...
what a fantastic thread

my husband & I will be in U76 on the Ecstasy 4/18/09 and my stepdaughter and her girlfriend will be right next door in U80

even though I've sailed on the Ecstasy 3 times in the past, the suites are going to make it way more fun!

bummer about the dividers between the balconies not opening, though

Please share pictures when you get back! We have a 12 on the Ecstasy in December. :)

Archived