Question about shoes...

momto1.5

Ladies, I need your help. I am cruising this weekend and am 5 months pregnant. I have finally found two dresses for formal nights. (It was a task). My question is I have a pair of clear and silver (Cinderella type) kitten heel slides. They are cute and would go with both dresses. Only issue is that they light up when I walk.... (Club Shoes) My SO says they will be tacky on the cruise... Any opinions???

Ladies, I need your help. I am cruising this weekend and am 5 months pregnant. I have finally found two dresses for formal nights. (It was a task). My question is I have a pair of clear and silver (Cinderella type) kitten heel slides. They are cute and would go with both dresses. Only issue is that they light up when I walk.... (Club Shoes) My SO says they will be tacky on the cruise... Any opinions???

Are you joking? Do they literally flash on and off as you trot along?

Mary

When my oldest son was getting married 2 yrs ago, I was the picture of loveliness & I behaved myself for the most part ... sort of! I dressed in a lovely 3 pc navy blue pant suit & had lucite shoes on. I intentionally altered mine so that they had a flashing light in the heel. I had a ton of fun with them, they were the hit of the party and everybody knew where I was because of my light-up shoes.

The shoes you have sound like a hoot but yes you should probably get some different shoes/sandals.

My only suggestion is make sure they are comfortable because sometimes my feet swell and my sandals don't fit as well as I'd like and being pregnant your feet my swell anyway.

I have other shoes I can wear, but nothing else that will go with both dresses. They do light up in the heels (it's a neat pattern, they flash silver then blue and red). They are really cool and I get compliments when I wear them, just didn't know if they would be over the top on a cruise.

Honestly? I agree that they would be a hoot in the right place ... perhaps the disco on the ship but for formal night ... I would suggest something a little less flashy. Mine were ok at the wedding/reception but that's a different atmosphere ... it was all people I knew & they knew my personality. Nothing would surprise them. However, in a restaurant full of strangers dressed to the nines, it would be better if you dressed to blend in rather than stand out. I haven't taken my "flashers" on any cruises yet, but the thought is still there.

Well, I do NOT think it is a problem...gracious..you dont know all these cruisers...so dont try to impress them..Wear your shoes, hold your head high and have a ball.

Thats why I hate formal nights..everyone expects everyone to look like a queen..we have gotten to the place we have room service in our suite on formal nights just to avoid all the high and mighty.

Is there an on/off switch or battery you can pull? You could have them turned off for dinner then turn them on for some fun later in the disco. I have seen shoes like this before...might be kind of fun:confused:

Thats why I hate formal nights..everyone expects everyone to look like a queen..we have gotten to the place we have room service in our suite on formal nights just to avoid all the high and mighty.

I'm sorry you feel this way. I have never given or gotten the impression that everyone thinks they are all high and mighty dressing up for formal night.

Your comment about staying in your suite is more high and mighty than what anyone could possibly wear on a formal night. JMHO.

for all of your input. I agree that we should be able to wear and do what we want without the fear that it might offend others, unfortunately our society doesn't allow this. I just wanted a female perspective. I have the personality and such to go with these shoes and EVERYONE loves them at clubs, but I don't want to go a ship where no one knows me and have them judge me as a stripper or who knows what else because of my shoes :rolleyes:

When my oldest son was getting married 2 yrs ago, I was the picture of loveliness & I behaved myself for the most part ... sort of! I dressed in a lovely 3 pc navy blue pant suit & had lucite shoes on. I intentionally altered mine so that they had a flashing light in the heel. I had a ton of fun with them, they were the hit of the party and everybody knew where I was because of my light-up shoes.

Nothing like taking the attention away from the bride! :D

Archived