Formal wear Nightmare!!

Mattismom

I live on sarcasm and Jane's comment was really funny.

LuAnn's comment wasn't useful or funny.

Exactly my point....We should all be able to post without being flamed.

You thought Jane's comment was sarcastic and really funny and you found LuAnn's wasn't useful or funny.....Just your opinion - which you are entitled to, just as I am to mine! Good grief....let's move on.

OK ladies--Sorry my formal wear problem caused such a heated discussion:( :confused: :mad: --from now own I'll just tell my problems to my mom!! Have a wonderful day---I know I will--it's my last day of work before my cruise!!:)

Exactly my point....We should all be able to post without being flamed.

You thought Jane's comment was sarcastic and really funny and you found LuAnn's wasn't useful or funny.....Just your opinion - which you are entitled to, just as I am to mine! Good grief....let's move on.

Bonnilee, Posters like you are the reason I don't post more often...posters like you having to make issue. The post was going along fine until you decided to be a watch dog and scold someone. Why don't you move on and try being fun instead of a stick in the mud?

I would much rather sit around with someone like Jane and have FUN than sit around with some of you fuddy duddies that don't know the word fun.

I think a lot of us come here to fill up some free time and when it can't be entertaining or if we can't be ourselves then it becomes something like this where we wish we'd just not even commented and continued lurking. I try not to take any comment personally and I try to give honest advice when I can....but sometimes I do like to add a bit of fun and stupidity and sarcasm to the mix...it makes things more like real life.

I enjoy laughing and sometimes a good laugh is just what we need when we have a problem.

With that being said...can't we just all get along?

OK ladies--Sorry my formal wear problem caused such a heated discussion:( :confused: :mad: --from now own I'll just tell my problems to my mom!! Have a wonderful day---I know I will--it's my last day of work before my cruise!!:)

I'm sorry that your situation became such a heated discussion too. But please know that I feel for you and I have had similiar situations.

The cruise will let you forget about the outfit.

Maybe you can find something new while shopping on one of the islands.

Hi all--

I don't know if any of you remember me or not, but a while back I was contemplating the black tux for formal night, then it was sold out so I settled for the black pants suit with the sheer duster (see photo below)--well anyway--I got the outfit in last month and it was way too big, so rather than send it back, I took it to a local seamstress(by word of mouth the best in town) It was ready to be picked up yesterday, so I excitedly went and got it, when I got home and tried it on, I almost passed out--one pant leg was cut off shorter than the other--and they were not even supposed to touch the length!! The shirt was hemmed so horrible, they didn't cut away any of the access material, and they failed to touch the jacket--the sleeves are still way to long!! Since they cut the pants, I can't send them back now, but I cant wear it either--and we leave on Friday for Tampa!! I am so upset, but I guess things could be worse!! :confused:

I am SO sorry. Most good seamtresses will have you try on the outfit before you leave after picking it up to make sure everything was done correctly. I hope you get your money back-actually it sounds as though they should pay you the cost of that outfit as it is probally ruinned!

How horrible-that is a nightmare!

Bonnilee, Posters like you are the reason I don't post more often...posters like you having to make issue. The post was going along fine until you decided to be a watch dog and scold someone. Why don't you move on and try being fun instead of a stick in the mud?

I would much rather sit around with someone like Jane and have FUN than sit around with some of you fuddy duddies that don't know the word fun.

I think a lot of us come here to fill up some free time and when it can't be entertaining or if we can't be ourselves then it becomes something like this where we wish we'd just not even commented and continued lurking. I try not to take any comment personally and I try to give honest advice when I can....but sometimes I do like to add a bit of fun and stupidity and sarcasm to the mix...it makes things more like real life.

I enjoy laughing and sometimes a good laugh is just what we need when we have a problem.

With that being said...can't we just all get along?[/quote]

Strange comment considering you said LuAnn's comment wasn't useful or funny and referred to me as a fuddy duddy! Sounds like you need to find a hobby for all your 'free time':eek:

Well Jane....

I am just so depressed that whats her name won't be reading your "dribble". I just haven't slept since I heard her declaration...I am so tired...

Yeah, me too. :rolleyes:

By the way have you been to 86 Barrel street?

Never heard of it. I'm assuming it's a restaurant? Also don't know of any street in NY called Barrel Street. Might you mean Barrow Street, in the village? I know where #86 Barrow St. would be and it's a lovely little residential block with a couple of restaurants and there may very well be one at that exact address. However, a search on Zagat and on NY Metro yielded no results for a restaurant of that name. Do you have anymore information?

Ahhhhh, thank you...peace once again.

I suppose then you'll be visiting other boards, as Jane and most of the others on this thread, myself included, are frequent posters and we will now resort back to the way we've posted on this Fashion Board for so long - civilly. ;)

Oh why don't you GROW UP?

p.s. Don't waste your time reporting me or having me banned - I won't be reading any more of your dribble!

Jane it is Barrow St.

All I can say is it's a secret and if you are in the village stop by and take a look.

a "secret" eh?

Okay, I now I know what you're talking about, I bet. Are you refering to Chumley's? An english type pub?

Chumley's is an old speakeasy and has two entrances because it's on a corner. The entrance on Barrow Street is through an unmarked wood door and you walk into a courtyard with some small apartment buildings and then there's another unmarked door for Chumley's.

Then around the corner on Bedford Street is the "official" entrance which can be seen from the street and was opened after prohibition ended. THAT address is 86 Bedford Street and is Chumley's legal address not 86 Barrow Street, which is why I got confused.

So, if that's the place you're referring to, then, yes I know it well. I used to go there for Shepard's Pie when I was in high school. I've never liked beer (besides, I was too young to be served), but always liked their Shepard's Pie and Fish and Chips, though I don't eat either very often anymore. (and still don't like beer)

I've had lots of friends who lived within a few blocks of the place and my DH lived about 5 blocks from there when we met. Additionally, the smallest synagogue in NYC is on Barrow just a few steps away and the Rabbi from that synagogue married us, so I know the area well.

Archived