Napier Wine Tour by bike

terry&mike

My husband and I are looking for 2 people to join us on a guided winery tour by bike while in Napier on October 30th (the Oct 27th sailing of the HAL Statendam). The cost is NZ$85 per person and it looks like a lot of fun. Anyone out there want to join?

I wish we could and I hope you find someone who can join you.

I just thought I'd pop in and add that I highly suggest taking a walk around Napier itself. It's a beautiful art deco city and you can pick up a free self-guided walking tour map that will tell you about all the beautiful buildings. There's an art deco center downtown with lots of information as well as some nice art galleries.

Napier is a great city, so I highly recommend not missing it.

Have a great trip.

My husband and I are looking for 2 people to join us ...
You might want to read the posting guidelines about the Ports of Call forums, which say:-
Shore Excursion Shares

Posts looking for members to "share" your excursion, or posts mentioning that a few more spaces in a van are available and you should contact so and so, are not allowed. Please use the ROLL CALL thread for your ship’s sailing to find others willing to share your shore excursion tour costs.

I wish we could and I hope you find someone who can join you.

I just thought I'd pop in and add that I highly suggest taking a walk around Napier itself. It's a beautiful art deco city and you can pick up a free self-guided walking tour map that will tell you about all the beautiful buildings. There's an art deco center downtown with lots of information as well as some nice art galleries.

Napier is a great city, so I highly recommend not missing it.

Have a great trip.

Theres also a gret [low cost] guided art deco walk tour that you can join at the art deco centre in town. My wife and i took this last year and it was really good. [We are kiwi's so were not on a cruise, just a weekend break]. Only problem with the walking tour is that you do not get out to see the Wills Cigarette building which i think is the best art deco one in town, for this you will need to take a taxi, its not officially open for tours but you can usually poke your head through the door for a quick look round. Regards Ian [Tauranga]

Ian,

I missed the Wills Cigarette Building. A good excuse to go back to Napier! :D

A good time to visit Napier again would be during the annual art deco festival, theres lots happening but you will need to book well in advance as its very popular. Hope you make it.

Regards

Ian

As well as the Art Deco walk,the highlights of Napier for me were.....

a taxi ride to the lookout at top of Te Mata Peak, for spectacular views of the district,and a visit on the way back to the Mission Vineyard,a stunning setting and the chance to buy local wine to have at dinner on board.

• 1 year later...
My husband and I are looking for 2 people to join us on a guided winery tour by bike while in Napier on October 30th (the Oct 27th sailing of the HAL Statendam). The cost is NZ$85 per person and it looks like a lot of fun. Anyone out there want to join?

We're trying to find something to do in Napier a little different and this sounds like fun. Do you have a link for the tour company?

Hope this question is allowed....:confused:

Thanks

Archived