Discovery Beach and Dolphins

HRKC

Has anyone been to Discovery Beach and the Dolphin Swim at Puerto Aventuras? We are interested in the dolphin swims, and the national park does not appear to be ready for dophin swims by June.

I am hoping that someone has been to the Discovery beach....

Thanks.

KC:)

Yep, we just did the dolphin swim at Puerto Adventuras (Dolphin Discovery) on 4/20. We booked the excursion through the ship since transportation was a little more complicated than I wanted to think about.:D The ferry picked us up at our ship and carried us over to the mainland where we boarded a bus to PA. Ferry ride was about 40 minutes and bus ride was about 20 minutes.

We had a great time and would certainly do it again if we had the chance. The ferry ride was a little rough so if you're prone to get sick you might want to have a Bonine for breakfast.;) We each had one so the ride didn't bother us. The bus ride was interesting to me because I enjoyed seeing some of the real Mexico that wasn't just tourist areas.

PA is a really nice place where you can swim with dolphins, see some beautiful birds, manatees, sea lions, go to the beach, shop, etc. We were surprised to find our ship excursion included a "box" lunch. That meant a burger and fries at the open air restaurant. Or you could upgrade to a Mexican meal for $3.

The dolphins from Chankanaab park are currently housed at PA so they actually have 37 dolphins on site right now. They told us that the Chankanaab dolphins are expected to return to Cozumel on July 1.

Hope this helps...

Cheryl

Yes, they have a nice beach area that is pretty protected from the waves...it is in a large cove type area. They provide snorkel gear and lounge chairs are on the beach. Very nice facility.

Archived