What is the one food item not to be missed??????

NiniB

Ok my spellings are going to be horrible, but I loved the Grand Mariner Souffle, I tried Creme Brule for the first time, AWESOME! And for dinner, this is going to be tough to spell, but it was Chatauebriand, I think, which I guess is some other language for a darn nice piece of meat!! Yummy! I also tried the Broiled Lobster Tail, that was good! My opinion is, ask the waitstaff, and they usually give a good opinion. Pumpkin Soup, thought it sounded really funny, but it was delicious!!! And don't be afraid to order 2 entrees, they won't bat an eye, and you get to try some neat stuff!!! Enjoy!! :D

For breakfast I like the made-to-order omelet bar at the end of both breakfast lines in the Lido buffet.

For desert my favorite is the Decadence of Chocolate (this was only offered on the first night and might not be on the new menus).

For dinner I always try the lobster, prime rib, and steaks, but also like the lamb (both the Duet of New Zealand Spring Lamb and Roast Leg of New England Spring Lamb). Last year I also wanted to try the Pepper-Seared Long Island Duckling (sorry big_duck) but I was fighting a cold and was only able to make it through one entree that night.

For lunch on the Lido the steak sandwiches from the grill are good (get double meat) and the deli roast beefs are pretty hard to beat.

Room service has good BLT's and you don't want to cruise w/o trying one of their assorted cookie/brownie plates (order milk with those).

So many great things to eat and I never have the time (and/or room) to try them all. This June we'll also have the Fish 'n Chips on the Valor to try (thanks for the PICs Fred!).

This year we also have to decide about the supper club. I'd like to try it, but hate to miss a dinner with our tablemates and the wait staff. I'm thinking of making a reservation after one of my least favorite dinner menu nights, but it might be hard to fit (literally) all of that in ;). Geez, all of this is making me hungry!

Here is a link to one of the latest Carnival dinner and desert menus I have bookmarked:

http://community.webshots.com/album/231083491RrRMfu

John

Pumkin soup

cream de fungi soup ( Mushroom)

Grand mariner sufflle

and i love the bran muffins in the morning... (they are not only delicious, they will help you out with all the other things you eat as well...lol)

Archived