Princess Loveboat Dream

Bobbareeno

Can anyone tell me whether this dessert is still served?? My kids and wife will be crushed if they don't! We're going on the Caribbean Princess in July and all of us are looking forward to that particular dessert :)

Bob

Yes, it is on the "Always Available" menu. No way would they remove it- it is their signature dessert.

For the poster who asked what it was, it is a chocolate mousse sort of thing- absolutely sinful. There's a photo of it somewhere on this board, but I forget where.

What is it?

Linda

found this photo in a search

http://groups.msn.com/RodsTravels/panamacanalcruise2006.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=1377

On the Sea Princess it was on the "Always Available" side of the dessert menu each night (best thing to do is order 1 of them plus something from that night's dessert menu)

Yes, it is on the "Always Available" menu. No way would they remove it- it is their signature dessert.

For the poster who asked what it was, it is a chocolate mousse sort of thing- absolutely sinful. There's a photo of it somewhere on this board, but I forget where.

It is not always on the Always Available menu. The last 3 cruises I have been on, it was only offered on the last night. I hear on other cruises, it is each night. Might be based on itinerary.

I've had the same experience as Theresa, the Love Boat Dream isn't always on the always available menu on every ship. While on the Dawn in Jan/Feb of this year it was offered once only for the whole 10 days.

It is not always on the Always Available menu. The last 3 cruises I have been on, it was only offered on the last night. I hear on other cruises, it is each night. Might be based on itinerary.

Oh T! Say it isn't so!!! My little heart is breaking - the LBD is my absolute favorite dessert, and I can't have it all the time anymore??!!

(big sigh) ;) Alas, it's probably for the best.... (boo hoo)

Just off the Sapphire, no more Loveboat dream:( . I asked, and our waiter said that maybe it would be coming later in the week, it never did. I guess they must be trying new desserts as we saw a lot of different selections in comparison to our other cruises.

Thanks for all the replies. It sounds like it's on the "always available" menu on the Caribbean Princess. That's a great thing. My sons (19 and 17) always order two of them each night for dessert. They'd be crushed if they couldn't get them!

Bob

Lkmamom and I had the same experience. I too asked, just off the Sapphire. I checked at the beginning the week, and checked every day. I figured it would be offered the last day, as ususal, and yet even then it was kind of yucky (to me) new options. But then again, I was EXTREMELY disappointed that there was no LBD, so nothing sounded good! When I asked the Head Waiter why they didnt offer it at all, he told me it had been offered earlier in the week and I must have missed it. The look I gave him told him how WRONG that was! We looked every night!

Casey

We were on the Sapphire (April 8 -15 - 06) and it was served. We even have a picture of it. I was so excited to see it on the menu as even after several Princess cruises it was something we had never tried. And, yes, I thought it was yummy! I just don't remember what night it was served.

We were on the CB last October and it was on the always available menu, and I had it three nights! Clearly, this is a question that many of us will need to inquire about before booking any future cruises! It's a make-or-break deal, now that I've tasted it! :p

Kellie in Texas

Joan,

There was no Love Boat Dream on your last formal night ? We had it on our Sun cruise from March 18 to 28... I even have a photo of it ! I'll check tonight if I had post it in my Webshot album (can't check now since I'm at work ... :o ... and our computers does not allow acces to these "kind of sites"). If it's not, I'll post it for everyone to see ... and dream ! ;)

Alain R.

Hi!

The Love Boat Dream was was on the always available menu on the Caribbean Princess in February and was excellent. When it was not on the menu on the Star Princess a couple of years ago, I told the head waiter (or maitre d'--I don't remember whom I spoke with) how disappointed I was. He told me that I could put in a standing order to have it every night, and no matter where I was seated (personal choice) my waiter could get in for me from the kitchen. It worked out perfectly, and I was very impressed with the personalized service on Princess.

Reggie

We are just off the Sun Princess, and there was no Love Boat Dream.

Joan

I was on this same cruise - looked forward to it every night but alas they never offered it. Instead of the Landfall menu on the last night we had a special Easter menu so maybe thats one reason. My friend celebrated her birthday on board and she received what looked like it could be LBD but in a cylinder shape - it definately wasn't cake. I guess I'll just have to book another Princess Cruise to see if I can get one.

We were on the Coral in 2004 in Alaska. Our waiter told us they were no longer serving it, but he got the kitchen to make some up for us b/c it was my Aunt and Uncle's 50th anniversary. We never did see it on the menu.

We were just on the Island February and they had it on one night towards the end of the cruise .... however, it was served differently than the picture, but the same concoction.

It was for sure NOT on our second formal night, or any night of the cruise. I was on last week, between 4-15 and 4/22. I am obsessed with this dessert, and I always make sure to get it. It bugs me that some ships have it on the Always availble menu, and others have it just once, and then as I have just learned, sometimes not at all!

Once, I had the head waiter make it special for me, and brought it out ~every night~, for EVERYONE at our 10 person table! I think he misunderstood that I loved it, not everyone! It was nice the first 2 nights, but by night 7 no one wanted to ever see it again! It didnt help that they used a different recipe or ingrediant or something, and it had the consistancy like jello from the side of the bowl (kwim?) Very tough. I had talked this dessert up like crazy, and then everyone thought I was crazy after they tasted it! There was no turning off the faucet however...

Casey

PS, I have also found that the room service menu item "Chantilly Cream Choc Fudge Cake" is excellent on the Sapphire, and every other ship I have tried it on it is a cold, hard brownie with nuts (eww) and no frosting or cream at all. I wish they were consistant with their recipes.

Love Boat Dream was NOT on the always available menu. It appeared only on the LandFall menu. Earlier in the week, I spoke to the head waiter in my section and told him I missed that dessert. The next day it appeared at our table. The head waiter had them make up 3 of them (that's how many in our family) but it was one night only. And, it did not have the sea witch chocolate on it.

So, if you want it, ask and they'll make it the next night.:D

If you go to that "other" messageboard -at the Princess forum is a recipe for it. It has alot of egg whites and butter in it. I was surprised because I figured it would have heavy wipping cream in it but none was shown in the recipe-by the recipe posted there to me it would me more like a chocolate merange then a mouse-but what I had on my one Princess cruise was definetly a mouse!

Archived