All Things Carnival Spirit

sea_u_onboard

They do have laundry rooms on board - just trying to figure out where they are :D .

I'm looking at a deck plan they gave us last year. Looks like there are 4 laundry rooms: Riveria Deck (Deck 1) - midship; Main Deck (4) & Upper Deck (5) - forward; and Empress Deck (6) - Aft.

I was checking the Carnival website to see what the staterooms on the Spirit looks like. It looks like the 7As are the same as on the Conquest with the convertable sofa. Can anyone tell me if there is a drawer for storage underneath?

My family is leaving on the Spirit on June 21. We are arrainging independant travel to Whittier. Does anyone know the earliest time that we can get on the ship? I don't want to wander around Whittier for too long. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really love to look at some northbound Capers. I'm curious as to what to plan for, and wondering if I should keep my late seating request for dinner or whether to go back to early seating... Also, I'm trying to determine the best night to book a dinner reservation for the supper club. Is it true that the Alaska cruises are pretty much quiet after dinner, without the activity that the Caribbean cruises have? I wouldn't mind a quieter ship, but I sure don't want to be bored after dinner...

What great questions and responses!!! I am just so excited and yet our cruise to Alaska is a year away. My family and I have always wanted to do this and the prices were too good to pass up. We are leaving on May 30 northbound and we could not be any more excited. Thanks for all the great tips.

• 2 weeks later...
I see no Capers posted yet. Can someone please tell me the formal nights for Southbound? I want to order some cakes and don't want to pick a bad day. I would be forever in your debt! LOL

Doing the document dance today and getting so excited!

The Carnival Capers for the NB sailing from 5/17 - 24 on the Yahoo Groups Carnival Spirit. The pdf's are too large to attach here.

The formal nights on NB are Thursday and Sunday. I assume they will be the same on SB.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a correction for the laundry rooms on the Spirit. I was on deck 6 and the laudry room is forward on that deck. the laudry room on deck five is aft. Stupid me used the one on deck six but I was aft. I must have walked miles back and forth. It's two dollars for a wash and the same for dry. I washed jeans though so had to pay for two drying cycles. They also have a $15 for a bag of laundry on the last sea day. They'll wash underwear and t-shirts. No jeans or things that might need to be ironed. they come back folded. This is great if you are doing some traveling after the cruise.

• 1 month later...

No, when we were there on July 29, there were 2 other large ships there with us, plus a paddlewheeler and a small cruise ship. I don't think any of them arrived at the same time, so there weren't really crowds around the dock/street areas.

I should mention one other thing about Juneau.......don't try to book the 9:30 Orca trip. We had been told by Orca that arriving at 9:00 would give us plenty of time. We had a loooong wait to get off the ship.......the line stretched all the way to Pharaoh's lounge. Took longer than tendering in Ketchikan. When we finally got off around 10 we walked over to their office and they rebooked us for mid-day.

I'm glad you posted - I almost made my reservation today.

First the young woman told me the Spirit was the only ship on Saturdays :confused: . Then told me we would be FINE with the 9:30 tour. I guess I need to book noon. It's not like we aren't going to have time - we stay until late. I just don't want to be overrun on the noon tour from all those who miss the 9:30. PLUS - she told me that even though the larger boat (with Capt Larry) can hold like 70 people they book no more than 40. Wonder how true this is?

Archived