All Things Carnival Spirit

sea_u_onboard

OK - I was changing the seating arrangements on our return flights out of Vancouver (glad I booked early) and noticed that the airline bumped our departure time up - not much - but we now leave at 1:30. Does that leave us enough time? The airline site states to arrive 2 hours early for international flights - which means we have to be through customs by 11:30. How long does customs take and what is the earliest we can get off the ship?

Cheryl, thank you so much for posting that your airlline time changed. I went and checked mine for the return Vancouver and found it too has been changed as well. We now have a 12:55 pm time of departure so even tighter.

I am platinum so hope that I can disembark the ship right away but have heard that Platinum goes after the self assist persons???

Any help is appreciated...

Does the ship come into Balentyne pier or Canada Place?

How long does it take to get off the ship if you don't carry your bags off? If you do carry them off - how long?

How long to get through customs?

The ship sails from Canada Place.

The answer to the second question is dependent upon the ship being cleared by the port authorities. Carnival will work with you if you have an earlier flight. On the northbound cruise, the procedures were very organized and I'm sure it will be the same for Canada Place.

I would imagine with the new laws in place, you will probably have to show your passport when you go through customs, but it should not be too long of a process.

We were on the Spirit in December and our room had a VCR, no DVD. There were 2-4 of movies for free (they were listed in the capers), and then others you could rent. We didn't watch any of them, so can't really tell you about the selection.
Were you in a suite? I've never seen a VCR or a DVD player in any of the cabins we have stayed - inside, outside or balcony. They do have PPV movies on the TV.

On Spirit in October only the Cat 11's and 12's have VCR's not DVD's ..... yet, I believe that cnahge is being scheduled for when there is additional port time to allow for it to be done at once.

Laundry rooms I know about are: Deck 7 - Starboard side between Aft and MidShip, Deck 6 - Forward (through at door at the bow) on the Port side, Deck 5 - Aft, Deck 4 - Aft. Laundry rooms were closed in the Hawaiian ports due to regulations concerning dumping, also closed on Port days on the Legend a couple weeks ago. Had to ask the Purser's desk to have the Deck 5 one opened after sailing out of port just so I could iron some things. Don't know what Alaska's policy is about this issue ........... guess well see, I sail on the Southbound on 5/23.

This will be my 4th sailing on the Spirit so ask away!

LornaT I have a question for you about the dining room. My group had tables of 10 lower level forward on our 2004 sailing. I am interested to know if you know if there are any larger tables on lower level aft?? I figure that is my groups best option to request for our SB 8/1/07 sailing especially for dinner with the extended daylight hours.

Thanks for any info you or anyone else might be able to give me..

10 was the largest tables I saw (other than the Captains Table in the main dining room), they did have some tables set for 14 I think for a family traveling together on the Legend this last December, but it was in the "Restaurant Annex" as it is shown on the deck plan, also lots of tables for 8 and 10 set up in there also, but as long as your bookings are linked, Carnival will at least get you at tables near/next to each other. They did this for us on our Honolulu to Ensenada sailing, we ended up up-stairs with a table for 8 and one for 6 and luckily we had the same wait staff for both, so we would just switch tables every night so we all had a chance to sit and chat with each other often ............... worked fine and never confused our wait team, in fact they just stood back every night and waited to see who would sit where........... our own version of Musical Chairs!

As to the Balconey dividers, we didn't do it, but while at the Purser's desk one afternoon, a couple came down and asked for the divider to be opened, the Purser said that they needed the other cabins permission to do so, even if they were traveling together the Pursers office didn't have those details, so they wanted agreement from both cabins to arrange it..........won't hurt to ask.

Thanks Lorna. I hope to get 8's or 10's aft lower for Alaska as there are only 24 of us. I had wondered about the annex. That will be great for my larger group of 50+ on the Spirit next year for Mexico .

I have always been able to have CCL honor my groups table requests as the group is such a loyal bunch that return often..Hope it hold true for the next 2....Thanks again

Were you in a suite? I've never seen a VCR or a DVD player in any of the cabins we have stayed - inside, outside or balcony. They do have PPV movies on the TV.

Yes, we were staying in a cat 11. I didn't realize only the suites had the VCR. We thought it was odd they didn't have a DVD player since tapes aren't used that much.

We have booked 3 shore excursions for our SB sailing 7/4/07: Juneau - Whale Watching & Wildlife Quest; Skagway-Ultimate Yukon & White Pass Railroad Adventure; Ketchikan-Misty Fjords Wilderness Explorer. Anybody have first-hand info on any of these excursions?:confused:

<EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdownD8.swf?tyear1=2007&tmonth1=6&tday1=26&thours1=17&tminutes1=0&event=Carnival%20Spirit%20Alaskan%20Cruise%202007&clr=0xFF3399&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="<A href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED><br><a">http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED><br><a href="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/index.htm" target="_blank">Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com</a>

We sailed the Spirit to Hawaii and loved it. The class of ship is by far my favorite. We are in the process now of getting a group together to sail her NB to Alaska around the end of May 2008 cant wait to sail her again :)

<EMBED src="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdownD8.swf?tyear1=2007&tmonth1=6&tday1=26&thours1=17&tminutes1=0&event=Carnival%20Spirit%20Alaskan%20Cruise%202007&clr=0xFF3399&tseconds1=0" loop=false menu=false quality=high bgcolor=0 WIDTH="257" HEIGHT="160" NAME="a" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="<A href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED><br><a">http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></EMBED><br><a href="http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/index.htm" target="_blank">Get your own countdown at BlingyBlob.com</a>
HUH :confused:

I just read the posts and wanted to post about our experience on our Panama Canal Cruise with Celebrity 12/22/07-1/8/07. We were in the group to disembark first, which was 8:30 am. The ship got held up in immigration, our group, (the first group) did not get off until 11:00 and then we had to find luggage etc. There were many people that had flights that day.

Many people missed their flights, they were very upset. There was almost a stampeed at the gate. One very rude man almost hit a women. It was the most horrible disembarkation that we have experienced.

I have added to my "cruise list" of things to do/not to do, fly out the following day. You never know when something like this can happen.

Denise

Although I am worried about getting off the ship we will be flying out the day we get back. I plan to have the airline number handy just in case but hope I won't need to use it. Would like to get back the same day - but it's not a deal breaker if we don't.

On that note - I would always fly in the day before - don't want to miss that ship. Staying an extra night at the end is no big deal - so I'm not going to sweat it.

Archived