don't flame me, another question about guar.

bubbles1209

We booked a 6a guar on Elation for our June cruise (our very 1st!), anyway, we have been upgraded to a 6d which is the Empress deck. In the brochure, I see no balcony rooms for Elation, only interior, ov, and suites. I've seen on the boards where there's always a chance of getting upgraded more than once up until cruise time, but how often to they upgrade into the next category, (or do they?)which in our case, I believe would be a suite. How often has that happened, or has it ever happened to anyone? Thanks in advance for any input:)

Well - as they say, anything can happen right up to sailing time regarding upgrades. Rule of thumb tends to be the cruise docs. Once you get your cruise docs with a cabin assignment stated, that's pretty much it.

My understanding is that you were upgraded from an OV guar. to a 6d. If I understand correct, 6d is just a balcony room on the empress deck. Also, there arent balcony rooms on the Elation... I think. So, no, you will be in an OV room.

My understanding is that you were upgraded from an OV guar. to a 6d. If I understand correct, 6d is just a balcony room on the empress deck. Also, there arent balcony rooms on the Elation... I think. So, no, you will be in an OV room.
we booked a 6a ov guar, and got upgraded to a 6d ov room. The question was, being as how elation has no balconies, is it possible to be upgraded yet again, the next step up would be a suite, because we are already upgraded to the highest level in the category that we booked guar, and the 2nd reason being i saw no balcony rooms offered in the brochure for elation, all i saw was a jump from ov rooms to suites. Is it possible to be upgraded past your category, and if so how often has it happened, or has it happened to anyone is the question i was trying to ask.:)

Most upgrades are within the same category with a few rare exceptions. Since you have been already been upgraded, not very likely that you will be again. When booking a guarantee....you should only book a category that you will be satisfied with.

we booked a 6a ov guar, and got upgraded to a 6d ov room. The question was, being as how elation has no balconies, is it possible to be upgraded yet again, the next step up would be a suite, because we are already upgraded to the highest level in the category that we booked guar, and the 2nd reason being i saw no balcony rooms offered in the brochure for elation, all i saw was a jump from ov rooms to suites. Is it possible to be upgraded past your category, and if so how often has it happened, or has it happened to anyone is the question i was trying to ask.:)

Don't count on it. Very unlikey, especially if you have a cabin assignment.

You could be DOWNGRADED more easily. Since you booked a GTY you are subject to their will.

Suites usually SELL out since there are so few, especially on those ships.

Keep your fingers crossed you keep what you have.

PS - bumping your own post is against CC guidelines.

How do you know your assignemnt?

when you booked were you instantly upgraded?

are you seeing this 6D on documents? online??

booking a guarantee- you can be placed back down to a 6A before sailing.

thats why I asked how do you know.

First thing I would do is go online and see if you can book a suite. If not, then they are sold out and an upgrade is not going to happen.

....you should only book a category that you will be satisfied with.

LOL!

Brenda it is thinking like that which cost me a whole lot more money on our Cruise. I started intendeing to purchace an inside garuntee and ended up with a specified stateroom and an extended balcony. :rolleyes:

I have been here for years and may have heard from a handful or less people that had this sort of upgrade... the Elation doesn't have very many suites at all (I believe it has 54 suites??) it's not one of your more common upgrades. Sure, it happens, but it is rare. Please don't get your hopes up... if you do, there is a 99% chance you will be disappointed.

(I believe it has 54 suites??).

Your're good.

there are 26 cat11 28 cat 12 on the Fantasy class ships.

No cat 8s at all.

These are obstructed balconies V23,V25,V27,V34,V38 & V42.

Read not too long ago where someone booked an oceanview guarantee and got a good cat 11 balcony where the person booking a suite gurantee got the obstructed one--- NOW THAT Would truly suck.

How do you know your assignemnt?

when you booked were you instantly upgraded?

are you seeing this 6D on documents? online??

booking a guarantee- you can be placed back down to a 6A before sailing.

thats why I asked how do you know.

I went online through the funpass like i was gonna order a gift and saw that a cabin number had replaced the word guar , that's how I found out. Wasn't an instant upgrade though, paid of the cruise in March, and just saw the cabin number about a week ago.:) I won't be disappointed if they don't upgrade out of the category, I'm happy with what I have now. If they change it and downgrade I'll still be happy, it's my 1st cruise, it's all good.:D Oh, and Mr.Dood, I wasn't bumping my own post, I was simply trying to help yum yum understand what i was trying to ask a little better, the same way I'm answering a question here, and ty for your reply, all help is appreciated.:)

I went online through the funpass like i was gonna order a gift and saw that a cabin number had replaced the word guar , that's how I found out. Wasn't an instant upgrade though, paid of the cruise in March, and just saw the cabin number about a week ago.:) I won't be disappointed if they don't upgrade out of the category, I'm happy with what I have now. If they change it and downgrade I'll still be happy, it's my 1st cruise, it's all good.:D Oh, and Mr.Dood, I wasn't bumping my own post, I was simply trying to help yum yum understand what i was trying to ask a little better, the same way I'm answering a question here, and ty for your reply, all help is appreciated.:)

LOL, I think he was referring to your 2nd post ;) No worries... but, at that time of the night (or anytime of the day/night) you might want to give it a little time (at least more than 40 minutes) for people to answer... I know it's your first cruise and you are excited, patience is hard to come by when you are excited, LOL

LOL, I think he was referring to your 2nd post ;) No worries... but, at that time of the night (or anytime of the day/night) you might want to give it a little time (at least more than 40 minutes) for people to answer... I know it's your first cruise and you are excited, patience is hard to come by when you are excited, LOL
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek: . Lol. :o :o :o sorry

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek: . Lol. :o :o :o sorry

It's okay!! Sometimes people think this board is more like a "chat room" where answers are more instant... and sometimes it is... but it tends to slow down a tad after midnight... don't worry, hopefully you got your answer!! We have all been there before, the excitement never really goes away ;)

Here is another way for you to check that cabin status--

go to carnival sweb apge and click on gifts. add anything to the cart and add booking number and taht particualr cabin number-- scroll down to see if your names are there. (you want to see your names coz that means that cabin IS assigned)

hit submit- if it takes you to the next page-- that is your cabin. if you gegt a message that you cant buy a gift because you are in a guarantee stutus--your cabin is not set yet

We booked a cat 6b guar. and were upgraded to a cat 11 balcony suite. We have one of the ones with an obstructed view, but who cares? It was free! :D

So...it is possible, but like others have said, I wouldn't book counting on it!

Lately, people with guarantees have reported that once the assignment is made it typically doesn't change. I am sure there are exceptions, but for the OP who already has a great upgrade to 6d, I think it is very, very unlikely they will have their assigned cabin change.

It would be far more likely to have had the assignment made to a suite, if that was going to happen, but once they assign your guar cabin, they don't like to change it.

My theory is that once the assignments are made, it is too much trouble at boarding to make changes - they are trying to move people as fast as possible, and room changes late in the game causes problems.

Archived