Any ideas?

bubbles1209

I guess you could say now i've done it. :( My dd and I have been shopping for the past 2 days for our trip. Yesterday, we got capris & swimsuits, and today we bought our formal gowns. Honey's been acting strange for 2 days counting today, and finally tonight he told me what was wrong. He said with all of this stuff we've been coming home with, he feels left out.:eek: I didn't get him any shirts because I wasn't sure of the size, didn't wanna buy one then come home and it not fit. Didn't buy him any shorts, because he said he wanted to go through and see what fits and what doesn't before he bought more, and he hasn't done that yet. I tried telling him that we still have more shopping to do, and we would wait until we got some time off together, but that didn't work. Any ideas on how to make this up to him and make him (and me) feel better?:( I don't want prep for our vacation to cause problems any ideas?:( P.s.- I know this isn't the typical cruise question, but it sure is a new cruise prep question.

Is this a man we're talking about? His wife and daughter are off shopping on their own and he WANTS to come along? If it were me I'd be thanking god that I didn't get dragged along. He got his feelings hurt? Sounds to me like you did nothing wrong - he needs to Cowboy Up!

Not so much that he didn't get to go with us, I think it's because I didn't get him anything. He's very much the cowboy, lol, he just shares one trait with me ya don't see very often these days............complete honesty and openess.:) (and ya have to remember he's excited too, it's also his first cruise with something he's always wanted...a family) :) We aren't married yet, but will be soon, he's my fiancee. I was gonna get us all together and go tomorrow, but my schedule changed at work so it didn't work out. Will be hard for us to get together on his days off, because I work when he's off, and he works when I'm off, that way dd isn't home alone;) (you guessed it, we live together):)

either go online and look at clothes together, or pick him up some shirts and shorts when you get off work, have him try them on, and return what doesn't work. This way he feels you put alot of effort into getting him something, too. My dh could care less about new clothes...I have bought him several new things for our criuse, and he hates to even try them on.

I hate for him to shop with me. He either goes and sits somewhere or follows me around breathing down my neck :rolleyes:

I hope you all have a great FAMILY cruise!!!

Katfive has the right idea!!! But if you live together, check the sizes of what he already has and go buy him a couple of "outfits" - khakis & polos for dinner or swimshorts & tanks for the Lido. You can return what doesn't fit well. If he's anything like most men, he will not try on anything beforehand and he'll be okay with whatever you buy him because he didn't have to shop for it.

You can start with the easy stuff. Get him a beach towel, snorkeling kit, new piece luggage, personal items for him. You're getting the picture now? Things that don't require the size to purchase. I like the idea of the earlier reader stating scope the web together. It would give you both ideas of what store to go to. Most things are refundable !!!

Easy, go shopping, dont buy him anything, then call him on the cell phone and insist he meet you cause you fell in love with something for him. Have him meet you and then drag him ( kicking and screaming ) to the Men's warehouse.

Have him fitted for a dark suit.

They treat him like royalty ( or at least ours does )

And they will outfit him very nicely for the formal dinners. And he will feel important, and have a very nice suit in the bargin.

Cancel any tux you ordered.

Hubby feels important, wife gets to see hubby in a new suit, Pricey, but effective.

Hi ya!

Well, at least your man wants to go on the cruise! My DH wont set foot on a ship! I've tried everything to get him to go on vacation with me..nothing works! Not unless I want to go deer hunting or something like that...EKKK!!! The two of us have totally different opinions when it comes to vacations. He would rather stay home alone for a week and let us go...anywhere as long as he doesn't go!

Anyway, go buy him some outfits and take them to his work place. (If at all possible) That will make a big deal out it. It lets his co-workers know how excited you are about going on a cruise with him....he'll see this and feel better! If this can't be done, then maybe a long lunch break so you two could get a bit of shopping in? Or maybe you or he could leave work a bit early one afternoon?

Here's to hoping something works out for you!

He's a cowboy type and he's whining because you didn't buy him something on your shopping trips?

Buy him a copy of "Brokeback Mountain" sounds like he would enjoy.

That wasn't very nice now was it? Do you practice at being that charming or does it just come naturally?

I wnt through my DH's clothes (he never throws anything away and has clothes from the 70's) This is our first cruise, so I bought him new swim trunks, several new shirts a couple of ties and some slacks. Picked up a very nice navy blue blazer from Goodwill ( I figure this is the only time he will wear it anyway) He protested me buying him new clothes when he has so many (like I want to walk around with a guy in bell bottoms and hugh lapels! LOL) in the end I offered to return the items and he proptly said "no, it is ok, I will wear them" I know he really like me "taking care" of him this way.

Even cowboys like to be pampered!:p

That wasn't very nice now was it? Do you practice at being that charming or does it just come naturally?

Aww come on... give him a break bubbles. Your husband needs to get over himself, you guys still have over fifty fabulous shopping days until you sail! It does sound your hubby is being more pouty than I could stand. You must be a good woman!

It comes naturally!

Uhhh, lighten up. It was a joke and intended as such, no insult or disrespect was intended.

My wife bought it for me and yes, it brought tears to my eyes. It was a very beautiful, touching love story. I am comfortable enough in my masculinity to say so as I am sure you man is as well.

And really, you have to admit it was the perfect joke for this thread.

It comes naturally!

Uhhh, lighten up. It was a joke and intended as such, no insult or disrespect was intended.

My wife bought it for me and yes, it brought tears to my eyes. It was a very beautiful, touching love story. I am comfortable enough in my masculinity to say so as I am sure you man is as well.

I guess she is really mad.:(

It comes naturally!

Lewdog, I did think that was funny! Unfortunately I am not in touch with my girlie side enough to watch Brokeback Mountain!:eek:

Bubbles, I am sure you will find time to shop together before the cruise. If not he will just have to shop on his own and get excited when he shows you what he got!

Any ideas on how to make this up to him and make him (and me) feel better?:(

Just take him for a ride, and end up at the Home Depot. there you can tell him, you got 15 mintues get what you want to get :D

He will come home a happy man :)

Just take him for a ride, and end up at the Home Depot. there you can tell him, you got 15 mintues get what you want to get :D

He will come home a happy man :)

:eek: He would probably buy a plank, and when we got on board, and out in the ocean, tell me to walk it, lol

Bubbles Where Outside Of Augusta Are You? We Are In Harlem Ga

Kinda Of Neat To Have Someone Else On Here Around Same Town.

We Are Going On Our First Cruise In Sept To Western Carribbean And We Are So Excited I Have Found Lots Of Great Info On Here Glad I Found This Site.sorry Has Nothing To Do On The Topic Being Talked About Just Curious About Your Whereabouts.

Hi ya!

Well, at least your man wants to go on the cruise! My DH wont set foot on a ship! I've tried everything to get him to go on vacation with me..nothing works! Not unless I want to go deer hunting or something like that...EKKK!!! The two of us have totally different opinions when it comes to vacations. He would rather stay home alone for a week and let us go...anywhere as long as he doesn't go!quote]

WOW...sounds like we married the same guy! :eek: Almost every vacation we've been on has been to the mountains, which I enjoy too...BUT...I went on my first cruise with my cousin and loved it! Went on my next cruise with my dd and dm and am almost ready to book my 3rd cruise with dd and dm again!! I ALMOST had him talked into a week in Cozumel or 10 days in Jamaica for our 25th Anniversay...guess where we're going?? Yup...the mountains! Oh well.....:rolleyes:

Archived