favorite carnival drinks

txmomto1

Mojito, classic from Cuba's heyday. Hemmingway was said to enjoy them.

Rum, soda water, lime, fresh mint, sugar. Actually freshens your breath while you drink!

I have had them served both on the rocks and with crushed ice kind of like a frozen drink.

Are there any tropical drinks With Out rum that are good? I am extremely allergic to rum :(

There are several "drink" threads out there recently... just do a search. Most tropical drinks have rum, but many don't. I think a Mexican Mama is a bahama mama with tequila instead of rum??? Can you drink vodka?? Is it the sugar (molasses) you are allergic too???

1. LOVE the Mango-Tango!! (1/2 pina colada & 1/2 mango daquri with 1 oz of dark rum floating on top:-)

2. Also . . . I discovered the BUSHWACKER a few year ago at Paradise Point in St. Thomas. They happen to sell a shot glass in their gift shop with the recipe printed on it. So here it is:

2 oz. coconut rum

6 oz Bailey's

4oz kaklua

4oz ameretto

2oz vodka

Blend with ice

pour into a tall glass. top with whipped cream & sprinkle with fresh grated nutmeg. YUM!! They're DELICIOUS!!

When we got back on board that afternoon, one of the guys in our group asked the bartender if he knew how to make a "Bushwacker", and he did!! That was our drink for the remainder of the cruise.

3. The "Funship special" one day on my last cruise was called "Ultimate suntan". I don't recall what's in it, but it was VERY good:-)

Ordered one of those foo foo umbrelly drinks and it was too strong. Had another and it was too sour. Next one was too sweet. one after that was too weak. Next one was pretty good. One after that was fabulous. Next one was my favorite of all time! Don't remember what it was called. Didn't remember what I was called either.

Dan

The "Kiss on the Lips" - you'll be hooked!!!! My DH and I tried everyone of the drinks offered on their "menu" - it was my favorite by far. The mudslides were good too. They also made a mean Carmel Appletini.

Enjoy them all!

Ahhhh, I love a good mudslide..We are going on the Valor in August and I am going to make a list of drinks to try. I am not normally a drinker. In a years time, I "May" have a total of 6 drinks...But heck, we do not go on cruises all the time(it will be our 2nd). I figured once the kids are all tucked away in their Camp Carnival spots, it will be time for mommy to try some new drinks;)

The Fun Ship Drink is, I think the drink of the day. It changes daily, it tells in the Capers what the drink is that day. There may be one that is actually called the Fun Ship that I didn't see on our first cruise. But, I think one of the friends I met on the ship tried them all!!

I have to second the Miami Vice! I loved it....can't wait for another one:D

Archived