Rollaway bed??

PrincessDreams4P&B

What is a rollaway bed?

Is it an alternative to the pull down berths in a quad cabin?

We are traveling with young children (too big for crib) and the idea of them falling out or getting hurt while trying to get down in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom concerns me.

Thoughts..suggestions?

Thanks

I also got told we would have a rollaway in our Mini Suite and not a couch or Pullman on the Island Princess a few weeks ago which is why we opted out. We thought it would clutter the cabin up too much.

I seem to remember that the Grand Class ships do not have any rollaways anywhere on the ship-so that is not an option. Some rooms, such as quad minisuites, have one upper bunk and one sofa bed, but that may not be feasible for you.

You may have to tell the kids to wake you for assistance to get down from the bunks. There is a small safety rail, which is fine for some and not enough for others. Post on the family board for ideas and I am sure other parents will have lots of responses; bring extra side rails/netting, push parents' beds together (landing pad), extra pillows as barriers, remove ladder, etc.

Hi there,I also have 2 youngsters under 5yrs and am worried about the same thing!

i tried to request a roll away bed (whatever it is!!) via the net but the Princess site would not accept it.

I have an outside cabin and have tried to do as much research as poss on sleeping arrangements and other than my husband and myself sleeping on the top which may well happen,( he is 6ft 4 in !!) my plan is to take the matresses off the uppers and put them on the floor not ideal i appreciate but safer.I'm now hoping there is enough floor space.

You could always take portable bed guards

Its a tricky one with kids isn't it.

Yes, the Grand Class ships do have roll-away beds. We had one just a few months ago on the Grand Princess. It was the PITS! I've never seen such short, cheap roll-away beds!

They will allow them, but it depends on your cabin and the space available. I think it has to do with fire safety laws, but I'm not sure. We had the Grand Suite, so there was plenty of room to have the roll-away in the living room along with the terrible sofa bed for our other son.

Believe me, you're not missing much by not getting a roll-away! lol :cool:

Archived