Grand Turk Shore Excursions

jprrt

Does anyone know if it's possible to schedule the Snuba excursion without going through the cruise line? I am sailing Sept 7, 2009 on Carnival Destiny. I really want to try Snuba but am looking for a cheaper price than $99/person! Please let me know if you have any info! Thanks a million!

The kids want to do the flow rider, but I can't book it through the ship. It may be sold out. Does anyone know if they hold some back for that day, or if possibly they hold some back for booking once you get on board.

Thanks for the info! I cannot tell you guys how awesome the dialysis nurses at the Grand Turk are! They told me they will have a machine ready for my dad no matter what time we get there! I'm very impressed with how accomodating and friendly and generous with their time they have been. Looking forward to Grand Turk. Looks beautiful!

Admittedly NMB, but have you ever looked into dialysisatsea dot com? I was flying out to a business meeting a couple of years back and was seated next to an older couple who were going on their first cruise in years -- had had to stop when her kidneys started failing -- and were headed off to Alaska with them. They were so excited, it made me misty eyed. :o

I was surprised to see this topic pop up in my email! I'm sad to say that my dad passed away 2/08. The cruise I was able to arrange for him in 2006 with the dialysis at Grand Turk was the only cruise he ever took and the last vacation he ever had. I'm so glad I was able to do that for him. I know this is off topic but it brought back a lot of memories of when I was trying to schedule his dialysis at all ports. I can't say enough about the nurses at Grand Turk. They treated my dad like a king. We have some wonderful memories of that trip.

I was surprised to see this topic pop up in my email! I'm sad to say that my dad passed away 2/08. The cruise I was able to arrange for him in 2006 with the dialysis at Grand Turk was the only cruise he ever took and the last vacation he ever had. I'm so glad I was able to do that for him. I know this is off topic but it brought back a lot of memories of when I was trying to schedule his dialysis at all ports. I can't say enough about the nurses at Grand Turk. They treated my dad like a king. We have some wonderful memories of that trip.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your father -- but it warms my heart to know you have such great memories. Sorry to not pay any attention to the posting date -- just booked our first cruise to GT and was researching shore ex info. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Luv2MyKids, I also had no idea you could organize to get the dialysis treatments elsewhere, but then I guess why not. It is wonderful that you have organized all this for your father - and I love that he is able to travel despite his health conditions. I work in healthcare and this is a little piece of info I will tuck away and keep in mind for the future - I see patients really just hoping to live out their last few months creating memories with their families, and this is something that would help them with that! thanks so much for sharing your story. I hope that it all works out and the treatment goes as planned - I also hope he really only needs the one treatment while you are gone, but it was very wise to book several just in case!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived