good thing i looked at the excursions

It's a good thing i looked up the excursions on the carnival website a few minutes ago. I signed in, and was looking at the prices of the excursions, clicked on book now like i was going to book one, and it gave me the times that the excursions leave and return. It's a good thing I looked, bad news is, now we have to choose, because we had picked 2 per port, and they are both going on at the same time, with the exception of one port i think it was.:( It's a good thing I found that out now, so we can discuss what we wanna do. Seems ashamed to be there all that time, and they can't stagger the times a little bit:(

When you get to the Island, hire a private tour company, they will be able to take you both places you want to go (time permitting) and cost you alot less than the ships excursions.

True, maybe. If the OP is looking at things like snorkel excursions, or other off shore events there may be only one opportunity offered by the tour companies, or the first one or the last one may be too early or too late for the ships schedule.

Instead of waiting until you get there to book, do some Internet research adn see if you can set something up ahead of time.

I know what you mean. I'm on the Liberty Med cruise and my DD and I are on separate tours in the morning, both finish at 1pm. There is another one a 1:30pm that we'd like to do together but I'm not sure we will have time to met up and go on the 2nd tour. You'd think that the shore excursion dept would take that into consideration.

One other thing that I wish would happen. When you are able to actually book your shore excursions, the tour times should be able to be viewed from the first page. As it is now, you have to hit details to get the times of the tour. That way you can easily determine if two tours would conflict.

One warning. Don't overbook yourself. We made the mistake of booking 2 excursions in the same ports on our 2nd cruise. The morning one ran late, we were worried we'd miss our 2nd excursion (the one we really wanted to do), and we just felt rushed the entire day and didn't really enjoy ourselves.

You are better off looking for an independent excursion that will cover all you want to do.

Don't book excursions through the cruise. You can do some research here on this site and find companies that will book you and be there when you get off ship and its cheaper. Did this in Grand Caymans and Ocho Rios and we were able to do more then one thing. Just my take, got back this past Sat and had a blast!

May just stick to one excursion per port, and ramble around on our own a little, and use the money saved for more magaritas:D I'm sure dh and I could find something interesting to pop up:rolleyes: if we stayed on the ship;) . :eek: They do have do not disturb signs, right?:p

The problem with the excursions is, in St.Thomas/St. John, we wanted to do the Ultimate Island Experience, which runs from 10-4. We also wanted to do Magen's Bay & Paradise Point, which runs. 10-1:30, and 2:00-5:30pm. Ok, in San Juan, we wanted to do the Bacardi Distillery Tour, which is 8:45am-12:15pm, and we wanted to do City Tour & Museum which goes 9:30-12. :eek: That won't work:( That's the problem. We figure in San Juan we are definitely doing the distillery, and we can just walk around and look, and maybe go to the museum on our own. As far as St. Thomas/St. John, we'll figure out something to get into:D

Instead of doing the City Tour in San Juan, just get a map and walk around on your own. Old San Juan is pretty easy to navigate and that way you wouldn't be rushed and can go at your own pace.

I don't know what the Ultimate Island Experience is but you can easily do Magen's Bay and Paradise Point on your own without being confined to an excursion. Just get a taxi to each of them.

Archived