Carnival Menus

serene56

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered. I am going on the liberty in December and was looking for the menu's for the main dining room. Are the menus that Serene posted for the liberty?

The menus are from the Liberty but are fleetwide. On other ships ya just gotta figure out what day is served when.

Destiny-- day 4 is served on Monday and its missing a few items== like the crab coctail.

Serene56. Thank you so much for posting the menu. I am certainly not going to be hungry :) I also heard that unlimited drinks are free on Day2 @ the Captain's Welcome Dinner :D:D. Can anyone comfirm that??

captains party is held the first formal nights- drinks are free for about 45 minutes only. THe party is very crowded but go = get a seat and enjoy.

on some ships the party is held before dinner. so get dressed- head to the party which is usually in the show lounge. get some appetizers, some drinks then head to dinner.

• 1 month later...
The menu is fleetwide. and is new since February. They were working on it since Decemeber and some things were tweaked--other only got renamed.

ex-- first night the vegitarian entree used to be called Madras style vegetable curry.

and the Sweet & Sour shrimp-- order them just to see the size of them. I never seen a shrimp that big in my life. (sauce on the side)

Thanks for posting all these menus, it sure helps those of us that haven't been there before. Has anyone tried that soup "Lychees"? I'm just wondering if it tastes better than the way it sounds.

Dorothy

Dorothy I have never had that soup, but I used to live in Hawaii and lychee are a very popular asian fruit there. You can buy them whole, but most commonly you'd get them canned.... it is sort of similar to a grape in consistancy (you know that rubbery wet feel of a grape unside its skin?) but much larger. The taste is hmmm... hard to explain, not very unlike a grape actually, but different.

I'm just wondering if it tastes better than the way it sounds.Dorothy

A lot of stuff tastes better then what it sounds. On a cruise the soups are what we try. FOund the fruit soups to be very good. Kids would love strawberry soup. (taste like ice cream)

Just remember the portions they give us on a ship are not what american people are use to for portions--they are no where near the supersize ones.

:) What if you cannot decide between two dishes. Can you order both?

In the dining room you can eat as many helpings as you want.

On formal night you can get the lobster and the steak-- but it will come with everything else that is offered for that course.

Sometimes you get one at a time.

I like a lot of the appitizers so I do order more then one.

Dorothy I have never had that soup, but I used to live in Hawaii and lychee are a very popular asian fruit there. You can buy them whole, but most commonly you'd get them canned.... it is sort of similar to a grape in consistancy (you know that rubbery wet feel of a grape unside its skin?) but much larger. The taste is hmmm... hard to explain, not very unlike a grape actually, but different.

Thanks for the input. I believe in trying everything at least once. So, I'll definitely have to try the different soups.

Dorothy

• 1 month later...
Thank you for posting the menues.....I have to plan what I can have because I cant have gluten and its in everything.Thank you again

Ginger-- when you get onboard speak to the Matre d. Then when you get to dinner also speak to your waiter. You will be given tomorrows menu to pick your items..to be made gluten free. (hopefully your agent has this stated in your reservation)

and the waiter can let you know what you cant have.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone remember the dessert choices.. I am so excited about my cruise now. I am pathetic.. How can a menu get me this happy!!??!!

Carla

The dessert menus are included at this website. Click on "original" to get the full size print.

I know this is a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure - If you go on a 5 day cruise, are the first 4 menu used? I just wanted to make sure I understood correctly.:confused:

From what I know, any combination of them can be used. :) The first 4 listed may not be the 4 used for your dinners. I like looking through them all and picking selections from each, and then you have the alternative menu if you don't like anything on the list. :D Melting chocolate cake every night anyone? I'm glad my last cruise wasn't longer, gaining 4 lbs in 4 days is enough for me!

Archived