Caomplaint address??

HRKC

I would like to know if anyone has an address and name of a person at Carnival that I may write to.

We recently tried to get a credit for the current sale they are offering on our cabin. However, because there is not an exact match (we have a quad) available in their system, they cannot bring of the discount for us. They can cancel our current booking and "try" to get us two cabins with the new air rates, but no guarantee that we will get what we want. It is a difference of over $200 per person. I am so irritated at all their excuses.

Sorry. I will enjoy my cruise. I just don't care for all the promises of applying future discounts etc. We can't even get on board credit.

Any addresses that you can share?

I would like to know if anyone has an address and name of a person at Carnival that I may write to.

We recently tried to get a credit for the current sale they are offering on our cabin. However, because there is not an exact match (we have a quad) available in their system, they cannot bring of the discount for us. They can cancel our current booking and "try" to get us two cabins with the new air rates, but no guarantee that we will get what we want. It is a difference of over $200 per person. I am so irritated at all their excuses.

Sorry. I will enjoy my cruise. I just don't care for all the promises of applying future discounts etc. We can't even get on board credit.

Any addresses that you can share?

That sounds right. If it is a sale, they don't have to give you anything... they usually don't, that is the breaks. Sometimes they will give you the sale price by cancelling you and rebooking, at the better price. But if there is nothing available, there is nothing available. I know you are upset... but they don't promise future discounts, especially on sales...

You can search on "Guest Relations" for an address.. just don't be disappointed if you don't get anything...

Thank you for the input. I think I allowed myself to expect an adjustment, and should not have. I read so many examples of others receiving credit when the price drops.

The part that bothered me is that the new rates were due to air fare discounts and it should not matter what cabin you have booked. In addition, the rates are the same for the quad and the non quad in this same category. So the fact that they didn't have a quad left to check the price was a rather lame excuse to not apply a discount.

That being said, I will write my letter of complaint with no expectations.

BTW, I don't write many letters of complaints to anyone, and I am just as likely to send a complimentary letter due to a pleasant experience.

Thanks again for the help.

That sounds right. If it is a sale, they don't have to give you anything... they usually don't, that is the breaks. Sometimes they will give you the sale price by cancelling you and rebooking, at the better price. But if there is nothing available, there is nothing available. I know you are upset... but they don't promise future discounts, especially on sales...

You can search on "Guest Relations" for an address.. just don't be disappointed if you don't get anything...

Ok, question:

When we booked our cruise, we were told by the Carnival PVP that if the price changes, we will get that new price. Aren't they referring to a "sale"? We are relatively new to this compared to most of you as this is only our 2nd cruise. I just want to be sure I understand the details. Then maybe I won't become so frustrated in the future. ;)

Thanks.

KC

Ok, question:

When we booked our cruise, we were told by the Carnival PVP that if the price changes, we will get that new price. Aren't they referring to a "sale"? We are relatively new to this compared to most of you as this is only our 2nd cruise. I just want to be sure I understand the details. Then maybe I won't become so frustrated in the future. ;)

Thanks.

KC

Well, that is half true: you get a lowered price

IF before final payment

IF you call and ask for it, and

IF it isn't explicitly for "new bookings only"

Usually the "new bookings only" sales happen after final payment since anybody can cancel and rebook before final payment.

Sometimes they will give cabin credit even after final payment, but in your case (zero availability) there is defacto no actual sale.

Also, you mentioned air rates. Is this a sale on air or cabin? I have no idea how they deal with airfare, but I'm guessing there is about zero chance that they will give you cabin credit for an airfare sale since that money isn't all going into their coffers. If the airfare is a really good deal, they are probably taking a loss to get people onto the ship.

Well, that is half true: you get a lowered price

IF before final payment

IF you call and ask for it, and

IF it isn't explicitly for "new bookings only"

Usually the "new bookings only" sales happen after final payment since anybody can cancel and rebook before final payment.

Sometimes they will give cabin credit even after final payment, but in your case (zero availability) there is defacto no actual sale.

Also, you mentioned air rates. Is this a sale on air or cabin? I have no idea how they deal with airfare, but I'm guessing there is about zero chance that they will give you cabin credit for an airfare sale since that money isn't all going into their coffers. If the airfare is a really good deal, they are probably taking a loss to get people onto the ship.

I will keep this in mind for future bookings. The only reason I bothered to look for sales today was because one of the people on our cruise roll call said they just received a credit, and another person they know receiped and upgrade or discount as well. So, I was very excited to see the drop in price when I logged in. I do realize the upgrades are typically due to booking a guarantee, but the credit was due to lower prices or a sale.

The PVP said she needed to get a supervisor to apply the discount. But when the supervisor came on the phone, he just told us first that the rate I am seeing doesn't exist and that if I try to proceed with booking it online that rate will disappear. Then he told me to read the writing at the bottom of the page (which there was none) and he indicated that prices were subject to change without notice. Then later in the conversation the supervisor changed the reason. It now became the issue that there are no more quads available to bring up in his "state of the art" system. However, the quads and the other cabins were priced identically prior to the sale.

I understand that I am not going to get anything out of this. I just wanted to be sure I show the inconsistancy in the supervisor's reasoning.

Thanks for listening. I just needed to vent.

Well, the other thing you need to know is if you ask 3 different PVPs you'll get 3 different answers. Another thing is that onboard credit seems to be largely discretionary. Couldn't hurt to call again and play dumb. :D Just call at a different time of day so you don't run into the same supervisor. I think there are 100s of PVPs but probably only a handful of supervisors per shift.

Well, the other thing you need to know is if you ask 3 different PVPs you'll get 3 different answers. Another thing is that onboard credit seems to be largely discretionary. Couldn't hurt to call again and play dumb. :D Just call at a different time of day so you don't run into the same supervisor. I think there are 100s of PVPs but probably only a handful of supervisors per shift.

Thanks. You were correct. 5 different people and five different answers. The last one had the correct answer. :D I had called the next day in the morning rather than in the evening. The first person repeated the same old story, so I asked for a supervisor and somehow I was "disconnected". So I called back and asked for a supervisor. This supervisor did not hesitate to make the adjustment. Keep in mind, all the previous ones said the adjustment was impossible because there were no quads left in their system in our category.

And, like I said before, if they would have told me that the discount didn't apply to previous bookings, I would not have pursued it. But they gave me very rude, lame and inconsistant responses, which made me believe they were just being difficult.

Here's to happy endings and happy sailings!

32 more days!

Sheesh...now I'm confused again (probably doesn't take much). So, if I want to try to receive onboard credit, do I try to do it before final payment (if I see the price go down)? Also, can I still request OBC if I have picked out my cabin, or can this only be done with a guarantee type booking? Can you get on board credit for upgrades? When we booked we were upgraded from a 4a to 4c....and now they are offering from a 4a to a 4g, but the 4a price is higher than what I paid. So ,I guess in order to get the credit, the 4a price needs to be what I paid or less correct??

One more thing to add, I had my TA call Carnival about this today, and they said that I had to have paid for my whole cruise before I could be given any credit. I'm a bit confused about when you can ask for credit or not? Anyone understand my jabbering??:rolleyes: :) :o :)

Thank you

Can't believe I am actually going to post this, but I am.

Sheesh...now I'm confused again (probably doesn't take much). So, if I want to try to receive onboard credit, do I try to do it before final payment (if I see the price go down)? Also, can I still request OBC if I have picked out my cabin, or can this only be done with a guarantee type booking? Can you get on board credit for upgrades? When we booked we were upgraded from a 4a to 4c....and now they are offering from a 4a to a 4g, but the 4a price is higher than what I paid. So ,I guess in order to get the credit, the 4a price needs to be what I paid or less correct??

One more thing to add, I had my TA call Carnival about this today, and they said that I had to have paid for my whole cruise before I could be given any credit. I'm a bit confused about when you can ask for credit or not? Anyone understand my jabbering??:rolleyes: :) :o :)

Thank you

Can't believe I am actually going to post this, but I am.

Cheryl,

I thought we straightened this out earlier today. lol

You will not get any onboard credit if your cruise isn't paid in full and the price drops. In that case you will get a reduction on your final bill.

You can get credit even if you booked a specific cabin as long as there is a cabin of equal value available.

So if you booked a quad cabin in cat 4A and the prices drop but there are no more quads available in 4A then you are out of luck.

If you want onboard credit you have to have paid your final cruise bill off.

Hope this helps

Bill

Cheryl,

I thought we straightened this out earlier today. lol

You will not get any onboard credit if your cruise isn't paid in full and the price drops. In that case you will get a reduction on your final bill.

You can get credit even if you booked a specific cabin as long as there is a cabin of equal value available.

So if you booked a quad cabin in cat 4A and the prices drop but there are no more quads available in 4A then you are out of luck.

If you want onboard credit you have to have paid your final cruise bill off.

Hope this helps

Bill

I certainly hope I have it now.

Thanks again Bill.:)

I certainly hope I have it now.

Thanks again Bill.:)

My experience is that they are very inconsistant in their rules. I have been told it has to be prior to final payment. My adjustment was after final payment, about 35 days prior to cruising. They also said if there is not a cabid exactly like mine available, they could not apply the discount. However, the final supervisor I spoke to applied the discount even though there were no quads left.

I feel it is the luck of the draw, depending on persistance, the supervisor, the type of sale, the small print, ....:confused:

I was only looking for consistancy in their answers. The last person gave me the credit, and was very kind about it. I wrote Carnival a "thank you" for her kind service.

KC

I forgot to mention that we booked a specific cabin, not a guarantee. And we were offered credit on our visa, not OBC. Although I would have been fine with OBC.

KC

Archived