In-cabin internet acce$$

ossoarch

I heard mention on a previous thread that unlimited internet access for one's own laptop could be purchased for $100 for a 7 day cruise. We just got our Cruise Docs (Summit Alaska 7/23/04) and I noticed a vastly different and more expensive plan: $25/per day rental for an "adapter" and then paying for minutes on top of that!

Has something changed, or was the $100 flat rate just a myth? Do you have to pay the daily rate for the entire length of the cruise, or is it really available "per day"?

Hi - ditto - same cruise, etc. We also checked and were told $100 for the week, but nothing like that in the cruise docs. However, the "kits" I was told are limited (first come, first served), so maybe they don't want to post the weekly rate. Also, the first 50 minutes are included in the price.

I'm going to purchase an adapter for $59 that connects your cell phone to laptop. DH has a service that allows him to dial a local call anywhere in the world for computer access and I have a nationwide cell phone. It won't get service everywhere, but if I can get a signal we should be able to get on the computer some of the time anyway (probably not cruising days, though).

Archived