Where can a 16 year old watch sports on the Explorer?

My 16 year old would love to be able to watch baseball while on the Explorer. Are baseball games shown in the room or teen area? If there's a "sports bar" type place where games play is he able to go into them with my husband after a certain time or is it over 18 at night? Also we will be on the ship for Father's Day. My husband and father in law want to watch the US Open. Anyone know if this would be shown on the ship?

Games will be available in the room and the bars. The television channels are obviously limited since you are out at sea, but some games will come in. The US Open will probably be on as the ship gets most of the big name channels. If your son goes into the bar with his father and watches the game nobody will mind. He can order sodas at the bar while watching the game.

One note: don't be surprised though if they don't get a particular game or event they want to watch. They do not get US Broadcast networks on the ship. Any TV watching is dependent on the Satellite signal, which can go out. If they really want to make sure they see something, make sure they tape it to watch when they get home - just in case.

Just off Explorer 2 weeks ago, and I'm thinking there may be two spots for him to watch sports on TV - one is a sports-type bar in the Promenade (down the middle of the ship) called the Weekend Warrior Sports Bar, and the other is called the 19th Hole, a sports bar on the top deck that seems to cater to the golf crowd but when we were there, they had a basketball game on.

Enjoy your cruise! Explorer is a phenominal ship.

Just off the Explorer. DH watched the baseball games at the Weekend Warrior Sports Bar while I shopped along the promenade. There were a bunch of tvs, a bar with seating and tables separate from the bar.....even some tables right out front. I saw a few teens with their dad watching the baseball game.

Archived