Why Aft?

Mostly because the balconies are bigger. They are usually about 3X bigger than standard balconies. You have plenty of room for two lounge chairs in addition to two standard chairs. Some people like the view and the sound of the wake behind the ship. There is also less wind in back of the ship.

When I first booked aft it had everything to do with me being extremely paranoid. the aft cabin balconies do not overlook the water directly but another balcony or the crew balcony on deck six. If one of my children age 6 and 9 happened to fall, it would not be into the water, only the balcony below. While neither situation would be good, I would have a much better chance taking care of them if they did not go into the water. In the end, we loved the aft balcony. It was huge and when the children napped we were able to sit on the balcony and enjoy pulling out of each port. Try it once and you will probably only settle for aft in the future.

Bill

like everyone else said, because it's very private....but my most favorite pictures always come from aft.....the water is awesome in more ways than one. First of all it shows you how incredibly powerful the ocean is, second of all is shows you how beautiful it is...I always take pictures aft of the water churning and it's gorgeous....no wind....aft has everything going for it as far as a cabin with a balcony....

if anyone falls overboard--your ass is history is the way I look at it....especially at night aft or forward...sorry, based on experience, that's just the way it is...unless you are a totally awesome swimmer...too dark and too much speed

Aft balconies are MUCH larger then the side cabins for the same category. There is less wind on the aft balconies. They are more private and the cabins are quieter cuz they are at the end of a long hallway. I love afts and will not sail unless i can get one. :D

Archived