Please....Some good news about Grandeur????

Di, don't understand your disappointment with the size of Grandeur. It's a Vision class ship, approx 80,000 tons. This information is in the brochures and probably available on the website. Radiance class are bigger at approx 91,000 tons, and Voyager class bigger still at approx 140,000 tons.

I drive past the Port of Baltimore every day. A couple weeks ago, The most gorgeous ship I have ever seen was docked there - Norwegian's Pride of Hawaii. It was huge - and impressive.

Poor Grandeur looked kind of small in comparison.

To the last poster....

Your reason for telling us that is?????

We all know it's not the biggest most beautiful ship there is. That's not the point of this thread.

Just back from the Grandeur. Stayed on deck 3 because I like cabins below and above me (more quiet this way). Second time on Grandeur and I thought it had improved in food. Entertainment was great also. No sewer smell in my room like the first time. Entering Baltimore Port was a nightmare traffic wise. We got there at 1:30 and it took an hour just to get into the parking lot not to mention 2 more hours in the terminal. The set sail pass and being a platinum member did not mean anything. I would advise getting there earlier. Disembarking was fine. I got a whiff of sewer odor on the promenade deck when we got to Port Canaveral, but not before then.

Just back from the Grandeur. Stayed on deck 3 because I like cabins below and above me (more quiet this way). Second time on Grandeur and I thought it had improved in food. Entertainment was great also. No sewer smell in my room like the first time. Entering Baltimore Port was a nightmare traffic wise. We got there at 1:30 and it took an hour just to get into the parking lot not to mention 2 more hours in the terminal. The set sail pass and being a platinum member did not mean anything. I would advise getting there earlier. Disembarking was fine. I got a whiff of sewer odor on the promenade deck when we got to Port Canaveral, but not before then.

hi are you going to write a review? i am keen to know what the entertainment was like (what was the acts on stage) , who was the cruise director, did you have to tender in cozomel or dock. what was the other ports like?

Betty Boat....

How was the cabin? Was there a safe? How was the bed, comfortable? Anything else I might like to know? What a coinsidence!!! Thanks a lot!!!:D

There is a safe in every room, you use your sea pass if I remember correctly to open and close it.

See you in a month.

To rpmljm The cabin was fine and I didn't have a problem with the bed. Just think you can say Betty Boat slept here hee hee. One of our large suitcases did not fit under the bed so we had it upright in the closet.

Hey Phopte,

Just wondering if you could give us a little more insight into OS8000, we are booked in that cabin on the Granduers return to Orleans in Dec 06. We were worried that it was next to the radio room. How was the cabin? We have been in a cabin below the Windjammer below and it was anoying at times.

All in all, how was it?

I just came back to this thread and realized I lied! :( I was in 8003, 2 cabins down from 8000. Other than the Windjammer noise early, I never had any problems with any noise. I was out on the balconey and the people in 8001 had the stereo up really loud but when I went back in, I couldn't hear a thing. My wife and I commented on how quite the cbain was considering how loud they had the music! The only bummer about the cabin was the last night, We came back from dinner and half the curtain rail at the foot of the bed had fallen! We called the purser's desk and someone called us back but no one ever came. We tried to stay away from the curtain while we were packing but I managed to step on part of it and the rest fell. I just moved it out of the way and we finished packing and went to bed. No biggie.

I can echo that the staff was wonderful! Our cabin steward introduced himself the first day and we saw him every now and then after. While we did not see him personally very much, it was always obvious that he had been there. How do they always seem to know when you are gone, even for a short while and manage to get in and do their thing in the room? It is beyond me! :) The food was very good but probably not superb but the wait staff was superb! We had always done the Windjammer for breakfast and lunch before but did the dining room a couple of times and Ithink we'll be going that way more often. Love those eggs benedict! :)

Over all, we had a great time and enjoyed the cabin immensely!

Hey Phopte,

Just wondering if you could give us a little more insight into OS8000, we are booked in that cabin on the Granduers return to Orleans in Dec 06. We were worried that it was next to the radio room. How was the cabin? We have been in a cabin below the Windjammer below and it was anoying at times.

All in all, how was it?

We have stayed in 8000 on both Grandeur and Enchantment. It is not at all noisey-in fact it is one of the quietest cabins we have ever had. You do not hear anything from the radio room-you wouldn't know it was there if it wasn't on the deck plan! The only people who ever walk by are the crew going to and from the radio room and you never hear them. As for Windjammer noise- minimal at worst and I tend to be a light sleeper. Only once or twice did we hear anything and that was very early in the morning and we did not find it at all annoying. We were under the Windjammer on both Sovereign and Majesty and that was noisey-Grandeur was not. We have already booked our 2007 cruise on Grandeur just so we could again have 8000.

Let me know if there is something specific you would like to know about the cabin. I could also e-mail you some pictures if you would like.

we first went on grandeur when she was 1 year old--we have been on the mega ships and now we are going back on the grandeur-and the best part we went on expedia and got a price of 618pp for 9 nites--aug18-2006

We are sailing on her on 6/23 and from what I am reading here, it sounds like we are going to be disappointed:( . Can anyone who has been on her recently, tell me something dood??? Thanks

All I will say is that our cruise on the Grandeur was the best experience of 12 cruises on RCI. We have sailed ever catagory of ship except the Freedom class (will cure that in Oct).

Got of the Grandeur last Sunday,,My wife and I had a great cruise, great service,nice ship fr it's age.Food was just ok.Weather was perfect.

BTW we docked in Cozumel and Costa Maya.

Will do the Grandeur again for sure.:D

Got of the Grandeur last Sunday,,My wife and I had a great cruise, great service,nice ship fr it's age.Food was just ok.Weather was perfect.

Have they started the New Bedding Program yet on Grandeur ?

Radio;)

what the entertainment was like (what was the acts on stage) , who was the cruise director, and food how did you find it

Cruise Director for cruise departed 26 May is Clodagh O'Connor.

thats good news and freaky, we must be following her. we were on a b2b in january on the Explorerand she was the cruise director then now we are on the grandeur in 3 weeks and it looks like she be there too, she is an excellent cruise director.

if she is still on grandeur that will mean that we have had her as a CD for half of our 6 cruises.

Archived