Official Cruise Wedding Picture Thread

• 2 weeks later...
Here are some of the pictures from our January 05 Wedding at Sea on the Caribbean Princess.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9IbN2LRs3Y0E

Kadie~ Your previous posts helped me SO MUCH! I will be married on Caribbean Princess Feb 2007 and was going crazy trying to figure everything out. We iwll be married on embarkation day and we have requested to be on the deck. Your phots were great, as was your DETAILED day by day account-I only wish you had been married on Day 1 so I knew exactly what to expect. THANK GOODNESS FOR CC!!

Shari and Ellen~Great Pics, thansk so much for sharing! MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE

Kadie~ Your previous posts helped me SO MUCH! I will be married on Caribbean Princess Feb 2007 and was going crazy trying to figure everything out. We iwll be married on embarkation day and we have requested to be on the deck. Your phots were great, as was your DETAILED day by day account-I only wish you had been married on Day 1 so I knew exactly what to expect. THANK GOODNESS FOR CC!!

Shari and Ellen~Great Pics, thansk so much for sharing! MAKES A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE

Thank you for the nice compliments! That's exactly why I posted so much info, to help other brides. I actually received an e mail yesterday from The Wedding Experience, they're using one of our wedding photos as an advertisement. They're mailing me a sample, I'm anxious to see which picture they want to use. :)

West Coast-

Yes Princess made the cake.

Kadie,

Good to hear you had a good experience with your Princess cake. We had quite the opposite. They supplied us with pictures (attached), we picked one (a two tier cake, 16" and 9" stretched with marzapan and decorated with royal icing and fresh flowers - cake-1.jpg), and what we got was a duncan hines special with whipped frosting and blue sugar flowers (cake-2.jpg). My heart almost dropped when I saw it but couldn't (wouldn't) let it ruin the moment. So, now we've had to go back to the onboard coordinator (who sold us the cake) and request a refund... we'll have to wait 6-8 weeks to see what happens.

Kadie,

Good to hear you had a good experience with your Princess cake. We had quite the opposite. They supplied us with pictures (attached), we picked one (a two tier cake, 16" and 9" stretched with marzapan and decorated with royal icing and fresh flowers - cake-1.jpg), and what we got was a duncan hines special with whipped frosting and blue sugar flowers (cake-

2.jpg). My heart almost dropped when I saw it but couldn't (wouldn't) let it ruin the moment. So, now we've had to go back to the onboard coordinator (who sold us the cake) and request a refund... we'll have to wait 6-8 weeks to see what happens.

Oh my Let us know what happens. That cake was just not right ( sorry if I offend :) but man.. You will have a good laugh someday. What if you had been allergic to chocolate. WOW:eek:

West Coast-

Being a fan of Princess, I truly hope they come through and refund you for that cake (probably The Wedding Experience who has to refund). That was NOTHING like the picture they gave you to chose from. I would have been very disappointed if I were you, and I'm soooo glad to hear you didn't let it ruin your day. To be honest, I'm appauled they would present that as a wedding cake. Did you ask to speak to the food & beverage manager afterward to find out what went wrong? Ours was bigger than we expected and a tad dry, but no complaints here, they came really close to the picture we sent in. We had our top recreated by a baker for our 1 year anniversary, maybe you should do that, but have a whole cake done. :)

I deffinately agree. Kadie was a big help to all of us during planning. She really helped me when it came to things. Thanks for everything and hope things are going good. It's been awhile since we have talked.

FebWedding ~ Thanks for the compliments!!

Hi Shari-

I know, long time no chat! :)

How is married life treating you? Things are really good here. We just returned from another Princess cruise, this time we cruised across the Atlantic to the Med. We stopped in Spain, Portugal, France and Italy (4 stops in Italy no less). It was a wonderful time. An older crowd for sure, but all the sea days were relaxing and then all the ports of call were amazing. It was 16 nights, can you believe that? It was great. Kind of like the "big" honeymoon we wanted to take after the wedding, but to save $$ we had done the Caribbean instead.

Got an e mail from The Wedding Experience the other day. They are using one of our wedding pics for some kind of "Save the Date" advertisement. They're sending me samples, who knows what picture they used, but I'm curios to see to say the least (we signed a release to let them use a select few of our pics to send to brides as examples, etc.).

I've been doing some amateur event planning on the side. I have one wedding and 2 baby showers under my belt now. It's fun and I've done them for free (well, everyone has always paid or given gifts but no actual charge) just for fun and I love it. Who knows maybe I'll start a business. :)

I still think we should all think about putting together a website all about cruise weddings.

Hi Shari-

I know, long time no chat! :)

How is married life treating you? Things are really good here. We just returned from another Princess cruise, this time we cruised across the Atlantic to the Med. We stopped in Spain, Portugal, France and Italy (4 stops in Italy no less). It was a wonderful time. An older crowd for sure, but all the sea days were relaxing and then all the ports of call were amazing. It was 16 nights, can you believe that? It was great. Kind of like the "big" honeymoon we wanted to take after the wedding, but to save $$ we had done the Caribbean instead.

Got an e mail from The Wedding Experience the other day. They are using one of our wedding pics for some kind of "Save the Date" advertisement. They're sending me samples, who knows what picture they used, but I'm curios to see to say the least (we signed a release to let them use a select few of our pics to send to brides as examples, etc.).

I've been doing some amateur event planning on the side. I have one wedding and 2 baby showers under my belt now. It's fun and I've done them for free (well, everyone has always paid or given gifts but no actual charge) just for fun and I love it. Who knows maybe I'll start a business. :)

I still think we should all think about putting together a website all about cruise weddings.

Hey girl,

Sounds like you are keeping yourself pretty busy. That is great to hear you are doing stuff on the side. I actually have been doing a little bit myself. Nothing to big. Just in the process of making some things for a friends wedding. I think it would be a nice little business for you to start. I know you would be great at it.

So what picture are they using? You must be thrilled. I am so excited for you!!

Wow a 16 night cruise? I would love to take one of those. Did you take lots of pictures? If so, could you send some to my email. You know me...I love looking at pictures.

Right now we have a cruise booked on the Crown for the end of September. I can't wait!! We are doing the 9 day one to Bermuda, San Juan, St. Thomas and Turks and Caicos. We are ready for another one.

It is hard to believe we have been married for almost a year already. Where has the time gone? Two weeks ago we were in Vegas for my brother's wedding. Yep, the last one of us kids.

Other then that not much else is new. Things are really good here. We just love being a family. The puppy I got at Christmas is growing so big. I will have to show you pictures soon.

Speaking of him, I have to go let him out so I will talk to you later. Have a great day!!

Hi guys, it seems you guys were overall pretty happy with TWE. I was trying to use them for planning the cruise itself, but they never got back to me. The woman I was speaking with said she would send me the info and she just never did. I emailed her to see what the status was on prices etc and she assured me again she would send it and still nothing. So I decided to go with Brook at cruiningweddings and she is amazing! I think I still have to use TWE for the wedding itself though since we are going on Princess. We are doing the tie the knot ashore in Ocho Rio. Any suggestions from you guys? I was hoping to use Sun Villas as recommended by another member of the board, but was CCing brook since she takes care of my website(I thought I should keep her in the loop since the details of the actual ceremony will be posted on my webiste) and now Sun Villas refuses to do business with me becuase they say she is a competitor, which she isn't. She doesn't plan the actual ceremony, she helps me to coordinate with an outside planner and I guess TWE. So I am confused and at a loss...Not sure what to do now.

Hey girl,

Sounds like you are keeping yourself pretty busy. That is great to hear you are doing stuff on the side. I actually have been doing a little bit myself. Nothing to big. Just in the process of making some things for a friends wedding. I think it would be a nice little business for you to start. I know you would be great at it.

So what picture are they using? You must be thrilled. I am so excited for you!!

Wow a 16 night cruise? I would love to take one of those. Did you take lots of pictures? If so, could you send some to my email. You know me...I love looking at pictures.

Right now we have a cruise booked on the Crown for the end of September. I can't wait!! We are doing the 9 day one to Bermuda, San Juan, St. Thomas and Turks and Caicos. We are ready for another one.

It is hard to believe we have been married for almost a year already. Where has the time gone? Two weeks ago we were in Vegas for my brother's wedding. Yep, the last one of us kids.

Other then that not much else is new. Things are really good here. We just love being a family. The puppy I got at Christmas is growing so big. I will have to show you pictures soon.

Speaking of him, I have to go let him out so I will talk to you later. Have a great day!!

I think the cruise wedding website is a great idea! Let's get it started!

Hi Ladies-

Well, I actually have a website building program on order (a simple one though, Iweb) so when it arrives I'll see if I think I could use it to put together a cruise wedding website. At the least I'm sure I could post links to pictures and reviews and such. It should arrive this weekend, I'll let you all know if it looks like it would work, and if so, I could start compiling links and such.

We received the samples of the advertisements Princess made with our wedding pictures.

http://homepage.mac.com/mikeandkadie/Wedding/PhotoAlbum2.html

The scanned copy isn't great, they look very nice in person. It's kind of cool, I was joking saying maybe I should quit my dayjob and become a back model, LOL.

Shari,

I am glad to hear things are going well for you two! Your cruise sounds VERY exciting and I've heard the Turks and Caicos are amazing. And on the new ship, how very exciting. Where does the cruise depart from?

I will most definitly send you some pictures for our European trip. I'm going to attempt to build a website this weekend to post some, I will send you the link as soon as I've got it completed.

I want to see this puppy! You're going to have to send me a picture. :)

Talk to you soon,

Kadie

Kadie,

I love the advertisement Princess made!! What a sweet picture.

I can't wait to see the pictures from your cruise. Our cruise in September leaves from New York. I have never been there so I imagine it will also be neat to see. I am so excited for it.

Alright, you have to check your email. You've got pictures!!

I think they're actually using it right now, to hand out at bridal shows and stuff. I'm not sure if they're going to hand them out on the ships at all or not, but that would be cool. It was nice of them to send me 25+ for me and family to keep.

Good Idea. You & your wife = BEAUTIFUL on your wedding day. I'm glad you listed the prices in your review; it lets others know that you can a picture perfect wedding without breaking the bank. Here are my pictures from my wedding on April 23rd onboard the Victory.

Your pictures are so beautiful, I'm getting married in October on the Monarch and your pictures give me something to look foward to.

Your pictures are so beautiful, I'm getting married in October on the Monarch and your pictures give me something to look foward to.

Thanks so much...

Everyone thought I was weird when I decided to do an all white wedding but I just new it would look great in pictures. They tried to talk me out of it a few times and just laughed at me when they saw that I was intent on having it that way. Now, they talk about how great it looked so I got the last laugh...lol!

Thanks again :) !

• 2 weeks later...

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYuWjRy1cNmJ_

We did a cocktail/hors d'ouvres reception at the Blue Horizon the night before the wedding. It was amazing and was a great way to visit with everyone before we set sail.

We had 60 guests attend the wedding. 25 sailed with us and the rest only came on board for the ceremony and sit-down luncheon before we set sail for an amazing Alaskan cruise.

It was a great way to do a wedding and I recommend it to all my friends.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived