‘Vintage Seabourn’ Gold & Silver Connoisseur Collection?

adolfo2

Has anyone taken advantage of the "relatively new" on-board wine program? Feelings either way are appreciated.

Silver Connoisseur Collection

Collection will provide a menu of six premium white wines and six premium red wines, including one dessert wine selection, from which guests may select a total of three bottles to enjoy on board. Priced at $150.

Gold Connoisseur Collection

This collection offers the same menu, plus an additional four whites and four reds of higher priced vintages, from which guests may select a total of six bottles. Priced at $300

We just returned from Lisbon following the Legend's transatlantic crossing. We ordered the Silver Collection and very much enjoyed the three red wines we selected. Andrea the Wine Steward was most helpful; one of the Italian wines was superb. However, we found it a little difficult to order wines from the collection if we were sitting with a group of people. So, we dined alone the nights we had wines from the collection--not that we wouldn't have shared, but a bottle goes just so far. . .

>"we found it a little difficult to order wines from the collection if we were sitting with a group of people"

That's too bad. I for one would never expect someone with a special wine to share it with me at a hosted table. I have had the experiece of guests ordering wine off the menu and the stewards were very discrete when they poured them, not leaving them on the table, and I think most people never even noticed.

Then again, I prefer Moscatos and Proseccos and they never seem to have them. One stewrd even got off the boat and searched for some in Newfoundland, to no avail, but the effort was very thoughtful.

That beinn said, I imagine sharing a lovely wine a deux is very nice too.

My wife and I did the Gold program on the Pride in January. We enjoyed it so much, we repeated it on the same voyage, so on 10 of the 18 nights we had wine from the list. The wines that were part of the program were also on the wine list. The wine list prices ran from about 60-80 dollars as compared to the program price of $50, so there was value when compared to the wine list. The only wine I immediately remember was a 1991 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon, which has a winery price of about $50 and sells in restaurants for about twice that amount. By the way, we almost always eat alone, so the sharing problem does not arise. We would do it again.

My wife and I did the Gold program on the Pride in January. ... The only wine I immediately remember was a 1991 Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon, which has a winery price of about $50 and sells in restaurants for about twice that amount...

Guess I know how I will be spending part of my shipboard credit:D The '91 Jordan Cab is one of our favorites. As a matter of fact we had it Saturday night during a Girls' Night Out dinner to plan our cruises for next year.

Archived