Just off the Holiday

tiffyms02

I was on the Holiday from 5/18-5/22. I had a GREAT time! They definitely have everything straightened out from what happened back in March. Future cruisers on the Holiday should have no fear. Everything is in running over. I was very impressed with the Mobile Cruise Terminal. It was very organized and there was almost no waiting time! We arrived at the terminal at 11:15 and were on the ship at 11:45. So do arrive early if you can because they will let you on early. I was on the Riviera deck, cabin 32. Our cabin steward was wonderful. The water temp. in the shower never fluctuated at all, and there was good pressure. Everything looked really clean. This may be an old ship, but it's in great shape. The only negative thing that I encountered was a bad sewer smell on the ship the first day. However, this certainly did not damper my trip in any way. The shows "Extreme Country" and "Shout" should definitely not be missed. Cozumel was a lot of fun too, but you do have to tender and that can take a little time. We visited Paradise Beach. We paid $12 for the taxi ride there. The beach is free admission, and you pay only $8 to use the snorkeling and kayak equipment. The cruise director Steve Cassel is very talented and he definitely adds to your trip. I could go on and on, but if anyone has any specific questions, please ask.

I was on the Holiday from 5/18-5/22. I had a GREAT time! They definitely have everything straightened out from what happened back in March. Future cruisers on the Holiday should have no fear. Everything is in running over. I was very impressed with the Mobile Cruise Terminal. It was very organized and there was almost no waiting time! We arrived at the terminal at 11:15 and were on the ship at 11:45. So do arrive early if you can because they will let you on early. I was on the Riviera deck, cabin 32. Our cabin steward was wonderful. The water temp. in the shower never fluctuated at all, and there was good pressure. Everything looked really clean. This may be an old ship, but it's in great shape. The only negative thing that I encountered was a bad sewer smell on the ship the first day. However, this certainly did not damper my trip in any way. The shows "Extreme Country" and "Shout" should definitely not be missed. Cozumel was a lot of fun too, but you do have to tender and that can take a little time. We visited Paradise Beach. We paid $12 for the taxi ride there. The beach is free admission, and you pay only $8 to use the snorkeling and kayak equipment. The cruise director Steve Cassel is very talented and he definitely adds to your trip. I could go on and on, but if anyone has any specific questions, please ask.

It is good to know she is still delivering the goods!!

Was the sewer smell in your cabin or in the hallways? Also, did you notice how she is handling cig smoke? We have not sailed on the smaller ships since Carnival implemented the designated smoking areas. It is working very well on the Fantasy class and larger...just wondering how it is working on the smaller ships. Thanks!

The sewer smell was in the public areas of the ship. We could also smell it as we walked on board from the terminal, but never in our cabin. I'm a nonsmoker and unfortuantely I did smell cigarette smoke many times. I was on the Celebration last year and we never had that problem. Maybe rules are ignored more on the Holiday :rolleyes:

Archived