3 more weeks

bubbles1209

Somehow, I have this feeling that the next 3 weeks, are gonna be the longest 3 weeks I've ever seen.:rolleyes: Any last minute tips for a "newbie"? I think I have everything, but I want to make sure there isn't something I've forgotten. First cruise I've ever been on in my life, so anything you can throw out there will be appreciated.:)

An old experienced friend advised me to pack an insulated mug so that I can have coffee in the morning, or iced tea by the pool. I have even taken on my own crystal lite and mixed my own. Also carry on your own water bottle. You can refill it at the drink station by the buffet. The cruise lines charge for bottled water. As far as clothes goes, take as many as you like. You may not need them but you would hate to want a paticular item and not have it with you. Havve a great. The first cruise is so magical!

An old experienced friend advised me to pack an insulated mug so that I can have coffee in the morning, or iced tea by the pool. I have even taken on my own crystal lite and mixed my own. Also carry on your own water bottle. You can refill it at the drink station by the buffet. The cruise lines charge for bottled water. As far as clothes goes, take as many as you like. You may not need them but you would hate to want a paticular item and not have it with you. Havve a great. The first cruise is so magical!
The time leading up to the cruise has been magical in itself for me. For once in my life, something that I have always wanted to do has actually worked out for me:) DH booked in Feb., we paid it off in March, still couldn't believe it then. Then in April, we saw where the word guar had been replaced with a cabin number.....on the Empress deck:D so, our guar 6a was upgraded to a 6d! Then, in May, while cleaning out my car, I ran across a scratch-off lottery ticket that I had missed a winning number on. There wasn't but 1 number that matched what I needed to win so I figured I had a free ticket. I scratched it off, and....:eek: won $500.00! Then in mid-May, we saw where the price of our cruise had gone down , I e-mailed my ta, she called carnival, and got us an on board credit of $230:p So if the cruise is half as magical as the way things have just seemed to fall into place for it has been, then I am a lot more ready than I thought! I've done everything except the packing. Lol, don't know what I'm waiting for, but I want to save a little to do for the week we leave, to give me something to look forward to (besides being in St.Thomas on my birthday)!

The last few weeks go by the fastest for me because that is when its crunch time, doing all the running around, last minute shopping, packing, making arrangements for the pets and house to be watched, getting the mail & newspaper held, cleaning the house, I also wash all the windows before we leave, we have an alarm system on our home but if someone tries to break in, i want a good set of prints. It sounds extreme but we have had a break in while we were on vacation before.

We have already filled out the form to have the mail held, called the newspaper to have them suspend delivery for a week, gotten ahold of a friend to come feed the cat every day, and spend a little time with him, however, we still have to go to the police station and arrange the housewatch. Probably take care of that on the week that we go. We already have the flight confirmation numbers, seating arrangements, cruise documents, trip insurance, and the only thing that I have left to do is pack. :rolleyes: Have I forgotten anything?

Archived