owner suite on 8002 on Rhapsody

cruiseokie

Hey Loonie4cruisin,

Thanks so much for the link to your pictures, they were great and really give me a view of the room. I'm a visual creature. How were the beds? Did anyone sleep on the sofabed? My 15 year old son will be sleeping on it and we wonder if his feet will hang over or if it will be uncomfortable. Oh well, he is young and he will survive!! Thanks again.

CruisinOkie,

The bed was nice and it is bigger than a Queen...not quite a King size. Now the sofa bed is quite another matter....It is very uncomfortable. We ask for a rollaway bed ( as seen on the balcony with my husband taking a nap on it). The rollaway was so much better than the sofa bed. Also you might bring an air bed (like you buy at Walmart) just in case you cant get the rollaway. It would work alot better and the sofa bed. I have to sleep on a half way decent bed and I want others in my family to have the same...no grumpiness in the morning!!! Thats why we aways bring an air bed on cruises when my girls come. They are 26 and 22 and are as picky as me!!! Guess it runs in the family. Hope this helps!:p

Jill

Thanks for the advice. I have heard that the egg crates might make a difference on the sofabed, so we will probably try that first before the air mattress. My son is pretty tall and usually hangs off the end of the mattress, but we will take it for sure as a back up. Did you canapes in the evening, i.e. choc covered strawberries or fruit tray etc.? I had heard this was a perk of the owners and Royal suites as well as priority tender tickets.

Yes, you get all the perks with the Owners Suite. Every evening you get a tray of goodies from a member of the Staff. Since the Cabin is up front of the ship, there isn't any noise from people walking by...it is very quiet and isolated. I loved it!!!! You are just going to love this Suite. By far my favorite Cabin. I dont believe that your son will hang off the sofa bed. It seemed to be a Queen size and had plenty of room. You will love the Jetted tub and separate shower. The bathroom is marble floor and walls. Lots and lots of space. The bathroom is about the size of some of the smaller cabins on some ships!!! Some say that the cabin size doesnt matter...One is not in the cabin only to sleep....That was not in our case. We spent so much time on the balcony (which by the way is huge!!!) watching the world go by and enjoying our great cabin, that it is well worth the money spent. We will always cruise with a balcony cabin. It adds soooo much to the adventure of cruising. You will have a great cruise!!!

Oh, one more thing, We didn't use the air mattress on the sofa bed. We just used it on the floor and stored it behind one of the sliding glass door curtains during the day. We just ask the cabin attendent not to make the sofa up and put the mattress at the foot of the sofa bed and my daughter had her own room! There are curtains you can close between the bedroom and the living area.

I agree that to some cabin size doesn't matter but to us we spend alot of time in our cabin reading and also enjoying the balcony in the morning with our room service breakfast and wine in the evening before dinner. We love our vacation naps too!!!:p We are trying to talk my mother into going with us this time so may book a grand suite for her and my son to share or let my son take a friend and they can have the GS and my mom can bunk with us. Haven't gotten all of the details worked out just yet but there is still time. I really want to thank you for all of your valuable info.

Branda in Tulsa

Branda,

Glad I could help. I have learned so much from this board and am always glad to help others. We just live about 3 hours from you....I reside in Springfield Mo. Are you driving down? We always do...not such a bad drive. Have fun and maybe we will run into you some day.

Jill

Hey Jill,

Yes we will be driving down, we have family that lives in Houston, so we always go down a day or so early and visit them. I think they may sail with us this time as well. This cruise seems to be turning into a family reunion. We have been to Springfield several times, always use to hit the Bass Pro (on our way to Branson) until they recently built one here. Fall is the best time for us to cruise since my husband is a pharmacist and we have to hang around during heavy sickness season and my younger son works with Radio Disney's performance group so he always has events every weekend during the summer months. Maybe we will see you on a future cruise out of Galveston sometime. We are already planning a sailing on the Voyager when she moves over.

Thanks again

Branda

Archived