Sept. 17 2006; 11 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

Figment72

I finally found some people on cruise critic who will be sailing with us. My party though is my husband and my parents.

I would have done the 11 day, but I go back to school on the 21st (I am in the process getting a teaching credential) so I had to do the 10 day.

Since these are special trips I am having a hard time finding out information that will be useful for my sailing (like which night is formal night.) Your cruise group seems to be great at finding out this information.

Just booked today for this cruise. My husband and I are taking my youngest son (11). He's been feeling left out lately - his oldest sister does a lot of traveling, and I went to see her in Europe last year while she attended school at the Sorbonne, and we traveled around. I just took my other daughter to Mexico in June. My older son just returned from an Alaska trip with his uncle and cousins. The youngest hasn't gone anywhere.

The girls have been to DisneyWorld, but the boys haven't, and the youngest really wanted to go there. I got such a good deal on this cruise that it made more sense to me to do the cruise than DisneyWorld. With an always hungry growing boy, he'll love having food whenever he wants, and I'll love not having to fork over $$ constantly! He's never cruised before, and I'm very curious to see his reactions. He does love the water and beaches.

My main concern is due to the timing, do you think there will be very many schooll-aged kids on this cruise?

First time Disney cruiser here! I've been on several RCCL cruises and am finally taking a Disney one. I will be traveling with my 4 year old son.

Can someone explain to me the different theme nights? Pirates Night? Not sure what this is. Thanks so much in advance.

Welcome to cruisin with Disney.

There are usually formal nights, tropical nights and pirate night. On pirate night you will see passengers dressed in pirate garb. Some really go all out on their costumes others will just have a pirate t-shirt, others will be dressed in their regular evening outfits. There will be bandanas handed out at dinner. Crew members will be dressed in pirate garb also. After the late dinner seating there is a pirate "party" on deck 9 and 10. On our last cruise there were fireworks at this time also. LOTS of fun.

Never realized there was a Henry fan club. You will find Henry on Disney cruises as well.

See you in September.

Carol

I was wondering what Friends of Henry is. I've heard of Friends of Bill and Friends of Dorothy but Henry remains elusive. There's no entry in Wikipedia.

LOL Mick, Friends of Henry was started over on the RCCL boards. Henry is the Vaccum cleaner on the cruise ships. (my avatar) My 4 year old has come to love Henry and never misses an opportunity to say "Hi Henry" when we see him in the halls on the ship! He'll be thrilled that "Henry" will be on board Disney as well.

Hello DisneyBlonde, Didymus here! :cool: This time your name is a fit. Well my first Disney Cruise also! Looking to see you guys again, it's a small, small world indeed! :)

How many is signed up for the party (is there going to be a party)?

Will write more after I read the thread!

Didymus;)

Happy Monday and Welcome a-board to all the new cruisers

fish_welcome.gif

Didymus! What an awesome surprise! This is our first Disney cruise too. I'm very excited. Jim is...well, :o he's not a Disney boy, what can I say. He's going for me.

Anyway, don't know if you heard but we got married in June. There is a link in my profile to some pictures.

Have a great day everyone!

Well "DisneyB" I see that congradulations are in order! :) I saw the pictures, I see that married life is agreeing with Jimbo, he gained a few pounds. Must say the same happen to me! How dare you put a Carnival Ship on the cake?

Jim and I are on the same wave length, I going with the wife also (who else).

I see there is very little activity on this board, we must be travling with the upper class.:D

Didymus:cool:

Do you realize it's just a tad over a month away. I'm one of the girls going with MizDaisy. I just got back last week from a cruise to Alaska. I am very excited- as soon as I get all the stuff out of my suitcases from Alaska, I'm going to start packing. And I think it will take half the room. A swim suit and shorts is going to take a heck of a lot less space in my luggage than jeans, sweatshirts, thermals, hiking boots, and rain suits. And I needed them all- at one port or another.

You know, Alaska was nice, but I LOVE beaches. I just can't wait. This is going to be the vacation of a lifetime! And I feel very honored to be included in the group with MizDaisy and her Dis friends.

Didymus, we just sailed with Chelle on Freedom, for our honeymoon - and yes, married life seems to be agreeing with both of us! :rolleyes: We're sailing with Darlene and Larry next year on Serenade to Hawaii. Wasn't the Panama Canal group the best?

Is anyone else having a tough time with excursions? We email to get prices and availability and such and they seem to take a long time to get back to us, if they even bother to email us back. We're looking into an all inclusive in Antigua and each time we email the contact person it's like the first time they're dealing with us. We're hoping that we are actually confirmed at this point. And we've had a tough time setting up a tour of St Kitts too.

Won't be long now. :D

Three more girls on board for the cruise. I'm a fairly experienced cruiser, but have only done the 3-day on Disney before. My companions have been on sail ships, so really are newbies.

Any unofficial fun happening on board we should be aware of?

I've been out of town for two weeks, and it sure made the countdown to cruising go faster.

I bought more clothes while I was away, so this morning I had to go through all my cruise clothes again to decide what I was taking and what not. I think I have it down now.

CAN'T WAIT!!

So, how many of us here also "talk" on the DIS?

I've posted on the 11 night thread over there a few times, but seem to be pretty much ignored. Partly my fault, since I'd already decided I didn't want to be part of all the "festivities" this time.

We would have loved to have spent some time at WDW, but we're dumping the kids on the husbands long enough as it is.

Cant wait to meet ya !

8*** :confused:

Hey, y'all, I've heard that venturing out on your own in St. Kitts is not necessarily encouraged. We're taking one of the DCL excursions that day. In Antigua, we're taking Eli's Eco tour that sounds like a ton of fun.

So what is everyone else doing for excursions? (I unexpectedly ended up with a baby girl from China to watch 3 days a week, so I've had to try to catch up on my other work at night and been missing you all!)

Only 29 more days ...:)

Three more girls on board for the cruise. I'm a fairly experienced cruiser, but have only done the 3-day on Disney before. My companions have been on sail ships, so really are newbies.

Any unofficial fun happening on board we should be aware of?

Hello

One quick thing MizDaisy,

We also saw a group of people on the may cruise.

They dominated alot of things. DJ, the pin collector and his group!

The store was robbed blind.

The crew had a very hard time with the group.

When the store ran out of merchandise, ( T- shirts )

This group had shirts created, via the internet and flown to the next port of call.

Then sold the shirts onboard,was asked to stop selling them.

Then traded them for pins instead.

Forget the exact wording on the shirt !

but it was something to do with the mastercard commercial, ( Priceless !)

Was less than flattering to Disney cruise line.

Maybe, that is why the memory lingers !

anywho ?

Does anyone have anything planned. :confused: hate to miss out, on something fun?

Hello

One quick thing MizDaisy' date='

This group had shirts created, via the internet and flown to the next port of call.

anywho ?

Does anyone have anything planned. :confused: hate to miss out, on something fun?[/quote']

Last year's May Repo cruise? It will be a long time before the DISer's live that one down. I was almost going to go on that cruise, and couldn't at the last minute.

No one here has planned anything special yet. I'm with my group of "escaping Moms" and we pretty much plan on doing nothing. Other than the shows, the spa and Bingo. We've all cruised a lot, and just really need the down time.

Hey, y'all, I've heard that venturing out on your own in St. Kitts is not necessarily encouraged. We're taking one of the DCL excursions that day. In Antigua, we're taking Eli's Eco tour that sounds like a ton of fun.

So what is everyone else doing for excursions? (I unexpectedly ended up with a baby girl from China to watch 3 days a week, so I've had to try to catch up on my other work at night and been missing you all!)

Only 29 more days ...:)

Hmmm....let's see....

St Thomas: We've booked the tour of St John with DCL. We were going to do this on our own, but decided since we were going to another island, we'd better stick with DCL.

St Lucia: Whale watching

Barbados: Grabbing a taxi for an island tour and maybe finding a beach

Antigua: Taxi to Nelson's Dockyard/Shirley Heights Beach and Shopping

St Kitts: Again, just grabbing a taxi and touring on our own

Castaway Cay: Seahorse Snorkel and Cabana Massages

Last year's May Repo cruise? It will be a long time before the DISer's live that one down. I was almost going to go on that cruise, and couldn't at the last minute.

I was also on the eastbound repo.

People told me about the "DISers" on the westbound repo.

Yet these people "mooned" other passengers in the Atrium.

And danced on a table in Rockin' Bar D.

It's not right to lump everyone from one board into a group like that without being there and knowing the facts. As you said, you were not on that cruise, you don't know if it was the actions of one or all of them.

From what I have seen, many of the people posting on the 11 night thread are very nice people. I'm going to join in on their activities because I want to. You don't. That's fine. I won't judge you for that, you shouldn't judge the rest of us for what we do. Feel free to judge individuals how you will, but don't lump everyone in one group, it's not very fair and certainly not very Disney.

Hello

One quick thing MizDaisy' date='

[/quote']

Yikes! That sounds very tough for the crew. When you say that they robbed the store blind, are you serious and being literal? Was this group associated with the DIS group? or were they completely different? In a group of any size, there are probably bad apples no matter what, but I think everyone here agrees that there are some very, very kind and good people on the DIS boards, esp. for the 11-night meets thread. There are many, many things they are planning, and it sound like lots of people are participating in a variety of things that should be a lot of fun. We'll all have a fabulous time, I'm sure!:)

Let's hope this is a fairly mellow cruise. It's hard enough to stay out of trouble without adding a bunch of rowdy cruisers to the mix. :D

So for excursions we have a tour in St Lucia, Barbodos and St Kitts, a beach day in St Thomas, and a day pass at a resort in Antigua.

Still looking at what to do in Castaway Cay. It will be our first time there, any must-do suggestions?

Mr and Mrs Didymus, Darlene sends a hug.gif right at you!

Have a great day eveyone!

Archived