Sept. 17 2006; 11 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

Figment72

I was also on the eastbound repo.

People told me about the "DISers" on the westbound repo.

Yet these people "mooned" other passengers in the Atrium.

And danced on a table in Rockin' Bar D.

It's not right to lump everyone from one board into a group like that without being there and knowing the facts. As you said' date=' you were not on that cruise, you don't know if it was the actions of one or all of them.

From what I have seen, many of the people posting on the 11 night thread are very nice people. I'm going to join in on their activities because I want to. You don't. That's fine. I won't judge you for that, you shouldn't judge the rest of us for what we do. Feel free to judge individuals how you will, but don't lump everyone in one group, it's not very fair and certainly not very Disney.[/quote']

I'm not the one who brought it up. We aren't joining in on the "festivities" because we have some gals in my group who have been taking care of extremely ill husbands and are cruising for relaxation. We aren't joining the group because we don't want to have to check our watches to see if we are missing a group activity. We simply want to do "nothing"...or do whatever/whenever. It has nothing to do with the people from the DIS. And I know a lot of people in that group and happen to think that they are truly wonderful people. Some I don't know at all, and wouldn't think of judging.

When I said it would be a while before the May Repo DISer's lived it down, I should have clarified. Although I said this on here before.....the crew on the Magic were still talking about that group (and NOT in a GOOD way) LONG after the cruise ended. They were disgusted with the behavior of a lot of those people, and were hoping to not see any DIS groups in the near future. I was only saying what they (the crew) told me and several others after that cruise. I wasn't on the Repo cruise to witness it, no....and I didn't say that I HAD seen it..... just telling what the crew thought of them. I don't know if they meant ALL of the DISers....I don't know if they meant only a FEW....but it was enough to have them still talking about it a year later.

Hey, y'all, I've heard that venturing out on your own in St. Kitts is not necessarily encouraged. We're taking one of the DCL excursions that day.

Uh oh. What did you hear about St Kitts? We're planning on getting a taxi and touring.

Uh oh. What did you hear about St Kitts? We're planning on getting a taxi and touring.

I thought it was in PassPorter, but when I looked it up last night to reply, it wasn't there. Sooooo, let me track it down and I'll let you know! Have a great day -- we're down to what, about 24 days? Yea!

OK, now I can't seem to locate that info at all. Sorry about that. I checked the ports of call pages here at CC, and I think that may have been where I got that impression/info. BUT, this thread was helpful, and might help you make plans: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=304523

That's the only one I can locate on the spur of the minute, but I thought the gist of the thread was that taxi drivers were charging exorbitant prices and then not stopping at the sites, being really rude, etc.

For what it's worth ...

I thought it was in PassPorter, but when I looked it up last night to reply, it wasn't there. Sooooo, let me track it down and I'll let you know! Have a great day -- we're down to what, about 24 days? Yea!

OK, now I can't seem to locate that info at all. Sorry about that. I checked the ports of call pages here at CC, and I think that may have been where I got that impression/info. BUT, this thread was helpful, and might help you make plans: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=304523

That's the only one I can locate on the spur of the minute, but I thought the gist of the thread was that taxi drivers were charging exorbitant prices and then not stopping at the sites, being really rude, etc.

For what it's worth ...

On my way for four hours of dental work, so I'll check that out later. Thanks! At least we still have time to arrange something with DCL.

On my way for four hours of dental work, so I'll check that out later. Thanks! At least we still have time to arrange something with DCL.

Ouch. Just think relaxing, cruise thoughts, and maybe it will make the dental visit less painful.

There is a girl posting on that thread with people who are supposed to be good taxi people. Maybe you can just set something up ahead of time with one of them, and their good reputations will pay off for you!

In a reply I received from a tour guide in St. Kitts he stated that stores usually do not open on Sundays unless there are enough cruise ships in port. He didn't say how many cruise ships and I believe the Wonder is the only ship in port at St. Kitts on Sunday. And of course I can't find my e-mail to remember where I got the response. Has anyone else heard this? He said the tours run 7 days a week regardless of the # of ships in port. Could be a light shopping day if shops aren't open.

Looking forward to seeing you again MizDaisy. I sure hope we get a chance to rest on this cruise. We were on the 14 day eastbound repo cruise and we really did get a chance to use the chairs on deck 4.

Carol

Good Morning - We are really excited about the 11 night Wonder. It will be Sue, Liz, Barbara (sisters), Jeanne (mom) and Fran and Elynne (mother and daughter). We have all sailed together b4 except for Barbara, this will be her 1st ever cruise.

We are on the pm St Kitts railway excursion thru DCL. That is all we have planned at this time.

Sue

I was there and was involved in the whole thing - I guess I can say.

Yes, the store was robbed blind. Over 3000 pins. I saw it first hand and even saw the fights.

I am the one that called Security the first night in the shop. Guess you can say that I started Security keeping tabs on all of them. There wasn't a day that Security didn't come to my room to ask questions.

The guy, DJ, is not allowed on any Disney cruise anymore. He would have to change his color and size to get on the ship. He also had "his attorney" (& attys. wife) cruising with him and that gentleman is also not allowed to cruise with Disney ever again.

But he wasn't part of the DIS'ers as such. They are a different whole group -

I think this cruise will be pretty much the same thing as the May Repo cruise, just not the pin happenings.

Yikes! That sounds very tough for the crew. When you say that they robbed the store blind, are you serious and being literal? Was this group associated with the DIS group? or were they completely different? In a group of any size, there are probably bad apples no matter what, but I think everyone here agrees that there are some very, very kind and good people on the DIS boards, esp. for the 11-night meets thread. There are many, many things they are planning, and it sound like lots of people are participating in a variety of things that should be a lot of fun. We'll all have a fabulous time, I'm sure!:)

I should get a book and look this up, but my teeth are still hurting and I'm lazy.....but...is St Kitts French? I know when my husband and I were on St Barth's, the stores closed from around 11 am until 1 pm....we had to really rush to do any shopping and still get on the ferry back to St Maarten.

I hope the stores are open, I've never been to St Kitts and would like to bring home souvenirs.

I also wonder if the ship will have any special pins or anything?

As of right now, none have been released, but I would surely think that at least one would be released and possibly a special one will be on CC

We can hope anyway:p

I should get a book and look this up, but my teeth are still hurting and I'm lazy.....but...is St Kitts French? I know when my husband and I were on St Barth's, the stores closed from around 11 am until 1 pm....we had to really rush to do any shopping and still get on the ferry back to St Maarten.

I hope the stores are open, I've never been to St Kitts and would like to bring home souvenirs.

I also wonder if the ship will have any special pins or anything?

Good Morning - We are really excited about the 11 night Wonder. It will be Sue, Liz, Barbara (sisters), Jeanne (mom) and Fran and Elynne (mother and daughter). We have all sailed together b4 except for Barbara, this will be her 1st ever cruise.

We are on the pm St Kitts railway excursion thru DCL. That is all we have planned at this time.

Sue

Have you sailed on Disney before? It sounds like you'll have a ton of fun together!

Anyone over here a WDW annual passholder? I've been told that you can get a $100 onboard credit if you fax in copies of the fronts and backs of your passes. I've had conflicting info on whether or not it can be combined with the Fla. Res. Rate, but my TA is on it again today so I'll let you know what I find. Last night, Melanie with DCL said it COULD be combined, and I had her go check with her manager, Hadie (Pronounced Hide) and he confirmed that it COULD be combined.

Hey, $100 is $100!

I am an annual passholder and never heard of the $100 OBC, but then again this is only my second Disney cruise and my TA has already kicked in some OBC.

I also posted on the DIS board for this cruise and was also pretty much ignored. And everytime i checked on some of the postings they didn't seem to be too cruise related.

I am really looking forward to this cruise 4 new island for me. I have booked all of my excursions through Disney. I know I could probably save money on my own but like the convience of booking online.

I am an annual passholder and never heard of the $100 OBC, but then again this is only my second Disney cruise and my TA has already kicked in some OBC.

I also posted on the DIS board for this cruise and was also pretty much ignored. And everytime i checked on some of the postings they didn't seem to be too cruise related.

I am really looking forward to this cruise 4 new island for me. I have booked all of my excursions through Disney. I know I could probably save money on my own but like the convience of booking online.

Hey, Gatour, it will work for you in conjunction with your TA's OBC and the Fla res rate. It's the only combinable one I know of. Take your APs with you (make copies front and back to leave in your car and at home in case the orginals get lost for replacement purposes), and either call DCL or your TA. My TA called today and added it to two of our rooms. My sis and her husband are neither AP holders nor Fla residents.:rolleyes: I'm going to post this to the 10-night thread too.

gatour, we've missed you over on the DIS! I keep up with the posts, but don't post a lot (here or there :D). Everyone seems pretty nice there. I get the newsletter too. That has helped to keep up with the cruise stuff going on. Can't wait to go!!

gatour' date=' we've missed you over on the DIS! I keep up with the posts, but don't post a lot (here or there :D). Everyone seems pretty nice there. I get the newsletter too. That has helped to keep up with the cruise stuff going on. Can't wait to go!![/quote']

That newsletter has been phenomenal! Tracey has done a TON of work, and it's been really, really helpful. She is so nice!

P.S. My TA hadn't heard of it, either, (and the first CM she called two nights ago gave her wrong info) and still doesn't know if it can help any of her other cruisers who leave tomorrow -- I think there is a $75 or $50 credit for AP holders on tomorrow's 7-day. Doris said she has no way of knowing who is and isn't an AP holder, so it's just a luck of the draw thing. The DIS boards tuned me in to the FL res rate first off, so it is nice to be able to give something back. I have learned way, way more over here about the ports of call, though. THANK YOU ALL!

confirmed my $100 credit. I have a TA but faxed to DCL directly yesterday. Didn't hear back and then called TA, this morning, and told them what I did and when they called DCL, while I was on the phone, they advised her that it was already applied to the room.

very nice

dobelover:

we have the railway excursion booked also. Yea

Glad I booked this thru DCL, our tour time is 1 - 5 pm and the ship leaves at 4:30!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

On St Lucia a few years ago a ship tour was late, and of course the ship waited. The guests got off the buses and RAN :rolleyes: .

Sue

Archived