captain bryan's tour

sjuwill

first we had a group of 19 people so we were able to charter our own boat from capt. bryan and what a great time it was...we had to take a short walk to their offices and then taken to the boat in an airconditioned bus...upon arrival we were greeted by robert the captain and geigo his mate..what a fantastic pair to have for the stingray city tour...we arrived at stingray sandbar and we saw lots and lots of people but as we anchored both robert and geigo both dove in and brought us stingrays to feel, photo and kiss, and even get a massage from them...as we watched the other tours just standing and looking they all started to congregate to us because of robert and geigo's work but they continued to just treat us to this experience...as it was time to move on to our next snorkel spot one of the guides from the other boats came over to geigo and asked him if he would give him his stingray cause he couldnt catch one..lol...we next snorkeled over the barrier reef and again robert took us and lured out a moray eel for us to see along with a couple of sharks..finally we went to an area and they put starfish on the boat for all of us to feel and whoever wanted to were able to jump and dive off the boat...sorry this posts is a little long but thank you to captain bryan, robert and geigo for making this experience a great one

Not long enough...I want more! DH, DS and I are booked on Capt. Bryans on July 13th. We are doing the 3 stop tour. Tell me more about the reef. Was the snorkeling difficult at all? How do you think my 11-yr old will handle it? Did you get in with the stingrays? Did you stop at the aquarium or coral gardens? I want pictures!! Sorry...I'm getting carried away.

We went out on Captain Bryan's Buccaneer. It sounds just like this trip. Here is a link to our pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/530801710NJTzFf

We went first to the sandbar, then too the reef, and then to the Coral Gardens. As you can see by my pictures, we had a great time holding the rays and having them swim all around us. I am sure your 11 year old will love it!

Have a great time in GC!

Great photos. What kind of camera did you use? Disposable film? Re-usable film or digital? The photos are very clear. The last time that I snorkled in Maui I used a disposable film camera and the photos turned out awful.

My wife and I are booked on Capt. Bryan's Hannibal tour in October and I would like to get some good underwater photos.

Great photos. What kind of camera did you use? Disposable film? Re-usable film or digital? The photos are very clear. The last time that I snorkled in Maui I used a disposable film camera and the photos turned out awful.

My wife and I are booked on Capt. Bryan's Hannibal tour in October and I would like to get some good underwater photos.

Thanks!

The ones on the ship were taken with my digital camera, while the ones in the water were with a Fuji disposable.

I can't wait! Sounds like a great time and the pictures are awesome. Did you guys take lunch along?
No, there isn't time to eat on the boat. It doesn't take long to get out to the area. We ate at a little restaurant right by the ships' dock. There is a nice bakery right in front of where you meet for the tour. We got something there right before we went. You could probably get something there for lunch, too, if you wanted.

right across the street from the bakery is a nice waterfront bar/restaurant called hammerheads....cold beer and decent food, remember to watch the prices since they come in cayman dollars and also the gratuity was included

• 3 weeks later...
what time did you get off the ship to be there in time? I've been told they are 1 hour behind ship time.

I don't remember what time, I just know that we got off as soon as we could, and then walked down to the bakery for some delicious pastry. They have free internet service there, so I signed on to CC and left a message. (Couldn't access AOL.) Had time to eat a leisurely breakfast before we checked in.

Local time vs. ship's time depends on the ship. Some ships stay on ships time, and some ships change to local time. I would e-mail Capt. Bryan and ask them what time your ship arrives, I would bet that they know their ship's schedules since they come in every week.

I know I didn't have a specific answer for you. Sorry.

Thanks for all of the rave reviews of Captain Bryan's! I just sent a request to book this excursion for our December cruise and I can't wait. It sounds like they do a much better job of getting you up close and personal with the stingrays. Thanks again for the tip!!

• 3 weeks later...

:confused: What's the difference between Captain Bryan's and Buccaneer's? Isn't this the same place? I've seen reference to Cpt. Bryan's Buccaneers, Buccaneers or simply Captain Bryan and so I'm a bit confused. The tour times and prices are slightly different so please tell me, if this is the same place, what's the difference in the tours? Anyone know?

Kim

Actually, and I could be mistaken about this, but I believe the Capt. Bryan is the captain of both the Bucaneer and Hannibel (his two catamaran's) They have a morning run with the Bucaneer and it is longer and then 2 runs on the Hannibel which are shorter. I communicated with him in December as we were considering it but I really wanted to be on the Bucaneer but our ship couldn't make that sailing so we'd have been on the Hannibel so we decided to do something else. If I'm wrong about that I apologize but that is my understanding.

Thanks guys. I made a reservation for Buccaneer. I like the times and the idea of the 3 stops.

I got an email back from Captain Bryan telling me I had a reservation confirmed for TWO people in November for the Hannibal. LOL Guess they get a lot of reservations and it's easy to mix them up. Probably two came in right around the same time.

I emailed back and told him what we were asking for, 3 for Buccaneer in March, so hopefully they will sort it out and we'll get the proper reservation.

Kim

Archived