mosquitos??

loowho

Some name brand, maybe Coppertone or other, is now making a combination sunscreen/insect repellent which I think is a great idea because you need both in the tropics, so why not try aply one product? I'll try to find out who makes it. Maybe more than one brand name make it now.

OK, I did a quick Google search and found Repel makes the combination, but the sun block wasn't very high. What a coincidence! Bull Frog is running an ad on TV right this instant. They make a sunblock/ mosquito repellent with a sun block factor of 30. That is far better. The name of the product is Bull Frog Mosquito Coast.

You can bring bug repellent, but unless you will be foraging about at dusk or later in tropical foliage, I doubt you'll need it.

Once in December we were in Barbados at a beachside condo-style hotel for a few nights during a conference -- that nighttime exposure to lots of open air on the beach coupled with shrubbery around the property caused me to get tons of mosquito bites, especially on my legs because I insisted on keeping the patio door open (no screen) right onto the sand while sitting in the living room... big mistake... I was scratching for a week after returning home but the good news is I didn't get sick or anything from the bugs.

You will not likely encounter any such problems. In 36 cruises I have never had a problem like that, only on "land" vacations.

Archived