2 for 1

bubbles1209

Gonna ask 2 questions for the space of one post. First time cruising , as well as flying, so I need some input please. It's dumb but here goes:

1. On the luggage tags that Carnival sent with our docs, there are 2 blanks. 1 says org flight number the one beside it says returning flight number. Trick is we have connecting flights both ways. I put the orignal flight number then a / with the connecting flight number behind it for the trip up there. example: 276/543. Did the same thing with the return flight information. Was I suppose to do it that way?:confused: I didn't want the bags getting lost because we had only 1 flight number down out of 2 for the trip up there as well as the trip back.

2. My second question is, has anyone ever had any experience with cabin 168 on the Empress deck on Elation, or close to it? Is there a lot of noise being underneath and to the back of the galley?

Thanks for any replies:)

1. On the luggage tags that Carnival sent with our docs, there are 2 blanks. 1 says org flight number the one beside it says returning flight number. Trick is we have connecting flights both ways. I put the orignal flight number then a / with the connecting flight number behind it

No problem

If I'm not mistaken, you will still need to get the airlines luggage tags in addition to the cruise tags. How much time do you have between the two flights? Not to add another worry, but if it is a very short time, sometimes the luggage doesn't make it to the second plane. If you have at least 30 minutes, it shouldn't be a problem. Have fun, relax, and don't sweat the small stuff. In PR, our luggage didn't make it but the airline (AA) sent it to our first port of St. Thomas and it was waiting for us at the pier the next morning and was even brought to our cabin.

Gonna ask 2 questions for the space of one post. First time cruising , as well as flying, so I need some input please. It's dumb but here goes:

1. On the luggage tags that Carnival sent with our docs, there are 2 blanks. 1 says org flight number the one beside it says returning flight number. Trick is we have connecting flights both ways. I put the orignal flight number then a / with the connecting flight number behind it for the trip up there. example: 276/543. Did the same thing with the return flight information. Was I suppose to do it that way?:confused: I didn't want the bags getting lost because we had only 1 flight number down out of 2 for the trip up there as well as the trip back.

2. My second question is, has anyone ever had any experience with cabin 168 on the Empress deck on Elation, or close to it? Is there a lot of noise being underneath and to the back of the galley?

Thanks for any replies:)

Sounds fine. Don't know about the cabin...but a little advice. Don't attach your cruise luggage tags until you arrive at the airport you are flying in to. They are easily torn off by the baggage handlers. You can put them on after you have claimed your luggage in the baggage claim area. Those tags are simply for the Carnival baggage handlers. Get separate tags, more sturdy, to use on your checked bags.

If I'm not mistaken, you will still need to get the airlines luggage tags in addition to the cruise tags. How much time do you have between the two flights? Not to add another worry, but if it is a very short time, sometimes the luggage doesn't make it to the second plane. If you have at least 30 minutes, it shouldn't be a problem. Have fun, relax, and don't sweat the small stuff. In PR, our luggage didn't make it but the airline (AA) sent it to our first port of St. Thomas and it was waiting for us at the pier the next morning and was even brought to our cabin.
On the way to Miami, the time between connecting flights is 1 hour and 20 minutes. On the trip back the time between connecting flights is almost 2 hours.

Definitely wait until sometime after you've collected your luggage at your destination airport to attach the cruise ship tags. I actually wrap them in clear packing tape. That way, in the unfortunate event of rain on embarkation day, they will remain legible!

Have a great cruise!

Guest YesitDonna

I have never even given the tags a thought. Iput them on at home and go.. never had a problem.

If we are flying to a cruise, which I try not to do if possible...I always carry extra Carnival luggage tags in case one or two get detached by the airline baggage folks.

Don't have any info on the cabin. But I am certain you will have a wonderful time.

Happy Cruisin'!

Definitely wait until sometime after you've collected your luggage at your destination airport to attach the cruise ship tags. I actually wrap them in clear packing tape. That way, in the unfortunate event of rain on embarkation day, they will remain legible!

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the tip, picked up some clear packing tape today:)

Archived