cruising vs. all inclusive . . . thoughts?

surfsup

Ive never been to an all inclusive resort for an actual trip but when we were in Jamaica last year we went to Sunset Beach which is an all inclusive resort but just went for the day.. It was very nice but the one thing that came to mind is that it just doesnt have everything that a cruise has.. If I was wanting to go to an island and relax and just do things in the water such as laying on the beach, snorkeling, etc than the inclusive would probably suffice for me, but I love cruising because of the variety of things I get to do.. Not that I would turn down an all inclusive deal either.. I would just think its different..

I've done about 20 all inclusives and 6 cruises. If you drink alot the all inc is much cheaper but I don't so I prefer the cruise experience for relaxation. Even if I nap in the afternoon -which I never do at home I don't feel as though I have wasted the day..especially if it is a sea day.

I have never done an all inclusive, but we did fly down to St. Thomas and stayed at Marriott's Frenchman's Reef for a week about 10 years ago. I can honestly say that it was the best vacation that I have ever had. I love crusing, but the week in St. Thomas was the best in my life. Not the cheapest for sure, but a great week! :) Crusing is much more reasonable so that is the way I get to vacation now, but I would do St. Thomas again for a week in a heartbeat!

Archived