First Thing You Do After Getting On Board

The first thing I will do is check out my cabin, brush my teeth, wash my face, change clothes and reapply lipstick. Then I will go to the grill for lunch. After that I will meet up with the rest of the family[in other rooms] and explore the ship. Back to the cabin to check out the bed, and relax on my balcony with a cool drink[or more] until time for the muster drill.

really stupid question but are drinks allowed everywhere? can you walk down the hall with one or take them back to your room or whatever? im pretty sure i already know the answer but shouldnt assume anything right? ;) also i have heard when you get back into port after your cruise bars are open on a cash only basis, is the same true for when you first get on? like if you havent had a chance to do the sail and sign card setup(ill be doing mine via cash and funship dollars)

But I don't think the Maitre D would put "I want a table by the window" high on the list of priorities, though. :p

What if you ask him nicely and slip him a $1? I really want a window seat! I know...me and about 2500 other people! :D

What if you ask him nicely and slip him a $1? I really want a window seat! I know...me and about 2500 other people! :D

Jersey, I KNOW you meant to type $10 :p

Sunflowerstarr, you can take drinks just about anywhere... you are not supposed to take them to the muster drill...also, the bars are never on a cash basis... they are not set up at any time to take anything but your S&S card.

really stupid question but are drinks allowed everywhere? can you walk down the hall with one or take them back to your room or whatever? im pretty sure i already know the answer but shouldnt assume anything right? ;) also i have heard when you get back into port after your cruise bars are open on a cash only basis, is the same true for when you first get on? like if you havent had a chance to do the sail and sign card setup(ill be doing mine via cash and funship dollars)

S&S card arrangements have to made as soon as you board the ship if you are paying cash. With a credit/debit card, you are activated instantly. Drinks are served most everywhere on the ship & allowed just about everywhere....except on the dance floor in the Disco. :eek:

Why yes, I think you do have a pattern and I like it. We plan on getting to our next cruise by noon to enjoy the festivities...the last two cruises we were hurrying to find the lifejackets for the muster because flying from Maine gets you to the port in the nick of time!

Cabin

Drinks

Explore

Drinks

Lunch

Drinks

Drinks

Do I have a pattern here :D

I like to be nice and saucy for the muster drill...it makes it funner....if thats a word :cool:

Seems to be a theme here:

drop off carry on bags

head out for food and the drink of the day

get to know the ship

check to see if our room is ready

test out that mattress :)

get another drink

muster

get another drink

relax

get another drink

relax

get another drink

etc.......

I guess you see where I am going here.

Sure do! The restroom:D

S&S card arrangements have to made as soon as you board the ship if you are paying cash.
You don't have to do it immediately, but sometime the first evening. I can't remember what time they said. 8 pm or 10 pm or something... We put cash on ours shortly after boarding, but we used our S&S cards for a few drinks first. :p

Where in Maine are you from? We are up in Presque Isle. We always fly down the day before. I couldn't bear not getting to the port in time and missing the ship. We sail on the Triumph in early DEC.

Kathy in Maine

Why yes, I think you do have a pattern and I like it. We plan on getting to our next cruise by noon to enjoy the festivities...the last two cruises we were hurrying to find the lifejackets for the muster because flying from Maine gets you to the port in the nick of time!

Dump Carry-ons

Get S&S, Dining taken care of.

Get Drinks

Pursers area for excursions

Hunt up the BIG SHRIMP

Go topside for shove off

Go to informal dining to see if it is worth attending.

If not... Buffet time...

R-E-L-A-X :cool:

Yes June they will open the partitions for you if you ask, so far in 6 cruises we never went to the pursers desk to ask to be opened, we just asked our cabin stewart to open the partition for us looks like the same key that open the bunkbed also opens the balcon partition. The pursers desk line is pretty long at the time of boarding and if that is your only reason to go to the pursers desk just skip the line and ask the cabin stewart. Happy cruising:D

These posts have been great! I don't sail until October, but I can almost smell the salty air, and hear the calypso band playing for bon voyage!

Board ship, gasp, whew we're finally here! :D

Find room, dump carryons, check out balcony (this year will be our first one)

Test bed if it's ready. ;)

Stop at first bar, get Drink of Day, steal DH's fruit and umbrella from drink.

Hit buffet for lunch and get something chocolaty for dessert.

Check to see if luggage has arrived.

Relax until muster.

Uhhh....yeah....I totally meant to type $10! :p

Although in this day $10 in not that much! Maybe I will have to make it a $20 and show some cleavage!

My wife got much better service at the pizza counter when she was showing cleavage than any of the rest of us in our group last year.

First thing is crack that bottle of bubbly.....blow the cork out, park my fanny in the chair on our balcony, toast our vacation and then wait for DH to get back from checking out the dining assignment with the maitre'd....checking the dining room is his thing.

IF in Puerto Rico....try to find the artist Gelava. He is usually by El Convento. I love his artwork and will try to find a new piece that he has completed. Stop by our favourite shops in old San Juan. Then head back to the ship.

Then Explore the ship.

Robin

Our first stop is something cool to drink, because it's ALWAYS HOT!!!!

Then we try to mosey to our cabin and drop off carry ons and change from our boarding clothes (which we wear to dinner) into shorts for the Lido deck and lunch.

2-If its a new ship, explore the decks and find our way around.

2.5 if its a familiar friend, put on our swimsuit and relax in the hot tub with a cool frosty drink.

3 - Around 3pm, after having a great time in the hot tub and relaxing while watching the late-comers arrive hot and in a frenzy, go back to the cabin, change back into our boarding clothes and watch the sail away, either from our balcony or a neat spot on deck.

Main thing to do for boarding: 1-make sure you pack a change of clothes in it, along with swim suit and diff. shoes, because something can ALWAYS happen to your luggage and you might end up wearing the same rumpled clothes to dinner.

We have 115 days til Valor...10 1 06

Adventure of the Seas 5 04

Sovereign of the Seas 3 04 - Group cruise

Radiance of the Seas 11 03

Majesty of the Seas 5 03

Adventure of the Seas 10 02

Majesty of the Seas 6 02

Sovereign of the Seas 11 01

Explorer of the Seas 10 01

Carnival Paradise (non-smoking then) 10 2000

Carnival Fantasy 1 98 - our intro to the love of cruising....

Some people like to take advantage of the relative lack of crowds when first aboard, to take pictures of various areas throughout the ship. Not me though, I am a horrible photographer with or without people in background to contend with. :rolleyes:

That is exactly what I do! As soon as I drop off my carry-on, we grab the camera and camcorder and take a walk around the ship while it is still empty (we always arrive early to board!). That way I get some fabulous pics of the ship and learn my way around at the same time. It's always so exciting to walk into the restaurants, bars, and theaters for the first time, after seeing them only in pictures online before!

P.S. Ok, you got me! I must confess....I go up to the Lobby Bar or Lido, get a foo foo drink (more like one for each hand!)...THEN I explore the ship! I have to explore before the THIRD drink..because, well, by then it may be physically impossible! ;)

Archived