First Thing You Do After Getting On Board

Locate cabin.

Drop off carry-ons.

Put any necessary refreshments in refrigerator.

Meet and Greet cabin steward, become instant friends.

Get ice and ask for beds to be put together or apart (if need be depending on who is traveling with me).

Stop for a moment on balcony.

Breathe in fresh ocean air.

Get thee to thy dining room to see Maitre'D.

Make sure my assigned table has the time, location, size, and most importantly dining companions (compatible in age range, single/marital status, no children/children status, as this has such a large impact on such a major portion of my cruise).

Immediately get thee to the spa, to make appointments before the good times fill up (only if I am traveling with a female, otherwise totally forget this step).

Back to cabin.

Dranks on balcony.

Breathe to get second wind.

Unpack (can't relax until I'm unpacked).

Decorate my door!

Decorate my cabin (Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, Birthday, Tropical, whatever my "theme" happens to be for that trip).

Decorate balcony (people will see where the party is from the ports!).

Plug in power strip, and all electronic appliances including...

Music player.

Dranks part deux, now including dancing around the cabin, hallway and balcony.

Breathe, and as soon as I let this breath out...

Vacation officially begins...

NOW!

First, Check out the atrium bar as we enter; Hey bartender I’ll have two of those. Then make our way up to the lido to the next bar; Hey bartender, I’ll have two of those. Then off to explore and find another bar. Ok, at this point why even worry about where the table is for dinner, I’ll forget it anyway, lol. Then just find a great seat and people watch, you know just watch people watching me….. Oh did I say: I’ll have two of those, LOL. Sooner or later I find my suit and we check out the space and then off to muster and ; Hey, BERTENDEER,,,, WEEEEEE”LLLL Hafeeeeeeeeeeee too ov toes,,,,…. Hey who cares, we’re cruising……:D .

That is what's so great about cruising, you have a designated driver. :)

get in line to put cash on sail and sign account

Can you pre-put money/cc on the S&S card? Our first cruise we just got the bill at the end, which worked ok - is the reason to put money on it to keep track?

On our first (only) cruise, we got on board

Searched/found cabin, dropped off carry ons

Took pictures as we explored a bit (we were late, the ship left shortly)

Got our drink with Carnival glass, and took pictures of us the upper deck looking relieved to have made the ship in time!

We normaly have the S&S set up to our credit card but usualy the 3rd night and the night before last I go and pay cash for all our incidentals, so by the time I get of the cruise ship we only have the last day charges on our credit card, that way it is easier on us when we get home and don't have to pay interest on all our purchases. Happy Cruisisng

We try to board as early as possible, if you get there early start that S&S account then, the lines get really long as more people board.

Grab the drink quick!

I've only been on 3 other cruises (different cruise lines) and when I got to the terminal, I turned in all the paperwork and gave them my credit card I want to us on board, then stood in line to get my picture taken for the card and then unloaded my stuff in the room, if it was clean. What is everyone talking about when they say they get there early to stand in line to get the S&S account started. I thought that was all done by the time you set foot on the ship. Am I missing a step on Carnival?

Buckeye.......you really know how to put out a fun thread. I'm enjoying reading everyones comments.......giving me ideas.

Thanks Criscomia! Just another way I'm building momentum for next week. Really cool to hear people talk about what they like to do when they get on board. Hopefully, it's transporting them for a brief time while their sitting in front of their computers at work. You can't type it without picturing it in your mind.

There have been some good threads on here recently. I really like the one about favorite Cruise songs. I know I spent $20 downloading tunes after reading that one. Best suggestion for a song I saw was "Holiday Road" from National Lampoon's Vacation.

I always check on my seating arrangement. First off I wouldn't fit in a booth with out a crowbar to get me out (I am a rather large fella). Because of that we always check and it never fails I am always at a booth. The first year they put us at a booth and at early seating. I wanted late seating.

Just being safe...

Thanks Criscomia! Just another way I'm building momentum for next week. Really cool to hear people talk about what they like to do when they get on board. Hopefully, it's transporting them for a brief time while their sitting in front of their computers at work. You can't type it without picturing it in your mind.

There have been some good threads on here recently. I really like the one about favorite Cruise songs. I know I spent $20 downloading tunes after reading that one. Best suggestion for a song I saw was "Holiday Road" from National Lampoon's Vacation.

I'm green with envy.........wish I was going in a week, but I'll have plenty of time to talk, dream and exchange ideas with others........333 days and counting

First thing, if you can drop off bags in the room is to drop off the bags.

From the room then, make supper club reservations, make spa appointments and book shore excursions.

Next, to the lido for lunch.

Then, explore. (foo foo drink a must)

Then, get the life vest. Muster

Back to the cabin and change, get the camera and head to the rear of the ship for the group sailaway party. And yes another foo foo drink!

Relax.

I've only been on 3 other cruises (different cruise lines) and when I got to the terminal, I turned in all the paperwork and gave them my credit card I want to us on board, then stood in line to get my picture taken for the card and then unloaded my stuff in the room, if it was clean. What is everyone talking about when they say they get there early to stand in line to get the S&S account started. I thought that was all done by the time you set foot on the ship. Am I missing a step on Carnival?

I was wondering the same thing.....maybe these folks put cash on their S&S later or something? I'm not familiar with this procedure really. We usually use our credit card for everything connected with the cruise....so, it automatically starts up for us also after we do paperwork before boarding.

I was wondering the same thing.....maybe these folks put cash on their S&S later or something? I'm not familiar with this procedure really. We usually use our credit card for everything connected with the cruise....so, it automatically starts up for us also after we do paperwork before boarding.

Yes, it is for cash accounts...

Can you only drop off the carry-ons first if your room is ready, or can you still enter it, drop 'em in a place that wouldn't be in the steward's way, then go?

If the cabin's not ready, try to locate the steward (as he/she will be around preparing cabins anyway) and let him/her know that you're just dropping your carry-ons in the closet.

They'll be out of the way there.

CJW

Archived