Dress Code

wonderlust

You dress casually during the day and after 6pm onboard you dress according to the restaurant in which you are planning to dine. If you want to dress causually in the evening, you can always go to one of the casual restaurants. (It would be too bad to miss dinner in East or Portraits, which are dressier.)

• 3 weeks later...

After having just sailed The World last week, I must say that one annoyance was the stringent dress code. We like to abide by the rules but found the code a bit too dressy for the various evening dining venues. I think when there are sandwiches on a menu then gentlemen should be allowed to wear a polo type shirt!

Here's the exact info from the documents I received from ResidenSea:

"Clothing aboard the World: Shipboard attire ranges from casual to formal. Casual resort wear is appropriate for daytime (until 6:00 pm) aboard the ship or ashore and consists of sport outfits - polo shirts and open neck shirts - as worn at luxury resorts. Guests are asked to wear appropriate clothing to cover swim wear while in public areas. Topless sunbathing is not permitted onboard. Shoes should be athletic shoes, flat or low heeled sanals for deck activities."

I was on the World during the summer but in fairly cool climates so I didn't see anyone wearing shorts during the day. Of course, people do work-out in the gym and will wear shorts to and from. I just felt the evening attire guidelines were a little dressy considering the ambiance of the restaurants. And overall, people dressed up on this ship, day and evening.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived