Official Carnival Room Service Menu Thread

Curt Jerome Wild

What's your favorite Carnival Room Service Sandwich?  

1,415 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Carnival Room Service Sandwich?

• Turkey
    • Ham and Cheese
    • Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
    • Peanut Butter and Jelly
    • Roast Beef and Brie on Fresh Baguette
    • Creamy Tuna Salad on Toasted English Muffin
    • Open Faced Shrimp Salad Sandwich on French Roll
    • Cheddar Cheese, Refried Beans and Lettuce in a Whole Wheat Wrap
    • Shredded Chicken Fajita, Crisp Greens and Guacamole in a Jalapeno and Tomato Wrap
    • Focaccia Sandwich with Grilled Zucchini, Fresh Mozzarella and Portabello with Basil Aioli

June, Can we go get things from the buffet and bring it back to our balcony?? That would be great.

There aren't any food police, honest. Just get a tray and get whatever you want----buffet, burgers, pizza, anything, get on the elevator, and enjoy back in your cabin. 20 plus cruises, many lines, never a problem. This is usually our plan after a day on shore for something to tide us over til late dinner.

Another couple of hints:

--I get up early, unlike my husband, but I order the continental breakfast for two with the hang tag the night before: coffee, rolls, juice, including lots of extra tomato juice for my afternoon bloody mary (or marys) on the balcony (fixed with my--ooops---smuggled vodka.) I put the juice in the fridge for later.

--husband sleeps late, much later than me. I read on the balcony until he stirs--one of my favorite parts of the cruise--5 books a cruise at least. When I think he is getting ready to rise, I take the coffee carafe from the earlier room service up to the buffet and fill it with hot coffee. I ordered for two so there is a clean cup for him, and also a roll, etc. It sure works for us!

Judy

June, Can we go get things from the buffet and bring it back to our balcony?? That would be great.

sure can!! I know in aug we will be on panorama right under the buffet!! Nice run up 1 flight of stairs the kids will be on ice cream overload!!!

Oh I always get some cups of fruit punch and lemonade too! mixes well with the champagne at the art auctions as well as the mango rum in my 7 up bottle!!!

grab some cheese & crackers on a plate to snack on while getting ready too!!!

Every time I see that room service menu, I can't believe that I never tried anything but the Chicken Fajita Sandwich. It was so good, I couldn't order anything else! I may have to venture out in Aug...maybe I'll order two!

• 3 weeks later...
Can you order misc. items like a cup of chocolate sauce and whip cream. They would be great with the chocolate cake or maybe just because its our anniversary cruise.

Whoa, DD... waaaaaaaay too much information! :eek:

Interesting poll. Was happy to participate, but was disappointed to see that BLT was the top fave. How boring. My daughter and I love to try new foods a great deal of the time and enjoy spreading our "gastronomical" wings. Oh, and by the way for those who are scoffing, she is a size 0, and I'm a size 6. LOL. Happy cruising to all!!

If you get food from the buffet to take back to your room, make sure you get an extra plate, napkin to cover your food on the elevator. Sometimes they are packed and you wouldn't want people sneezing/talking all over your food if it's uncovered. I'm picky about stuff like this.

Can you order misc. items like a cup of chocolate sauce and whip cream. They would be great with the chocolate cake or maybe just because its our anniversary cruise.

Anniversary cruise and Whipped cream !!!!!

Yall will be having fun!!!!!...lol...

Sail Away

John

I loved room service every morning with coffee and fruit. I did wish they had english muffins on their bread menu. A couple of times I did sneak down to the buffet and bring a little treat to the room... for the times you want to kick your shoes off. ;)

As for the chocolate, whipped cream .... and anniversary treats , please keep those folks away from the table with the bananas :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, everything sounds wonderful. We went on a cruise in January - different cruise line - and had a really tough time deciding what to order each night, not because it all sounded so good, but, because NOTHING sounded good. Can't wait to get on the Valor in Feb.

Thanks for all the menus, it refreshed my memory, my youngest son who is 15 and I always share a stateroom, we have a nightly ritual of room service and a movie, I order a BLT and Iced Tea (don't forget the sweet and low) he orders cookie, brownies and apple juice, we are going on our 6th cruise August 7th, on the Ecstay, and we can't wait to share this time together.My husband and 17 year old son share a stateroom, and they stay out until all hours, they think we are nuts. If you must know putting 2 teenages boys in 1 stateroom is a recipe for trouble, and they are good kids but cruises bring out the fun in everyone.

Later I recieved a cold UN-toasted cheese sandwich...

Next night I ordered a PB&J... It came toasted???

What is up with that! I thought it was funny!!!

LOL! That is exactly what happended to me when I ordered my PB&J last cruise. It came toasted and I thought it was a misunderstanding because my husband had requested his ham and cheese to be toasted (which "they don't do"). BUT the PB&Js do! I ordered another a couple days later and sure enough, TOASTED! Wierd!

The brownies are gooey and moist and delicious. :D

Interesting poll. Was happy to participate, but was disappointed to see that BLT was the top fave. How boring. My daughter and I love to try new foods a great deal of the time and enjoy spreading our "gastronomical" wings. Oh, and by the way for those who are scoffing, she is a size 0, and I'm a size 6. LOL. Happy cruising to all!!

Have you TRIED the BLT??? LOL.. I generally don't like them, but I love them on the ship...

As well as the Roast Beef on baguette, yum. The toasted PB&J... yum. It doesn't have to be sophisticated to make the palate happy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Criscomia

What a shame.....other cruise lines (i.e. Holland, & Celebrity) have full room service..........I was really looking forward to a full breakfast in the cabin.

Unfortunately, not all lines are the same; i.e., fares are much higher on both those lines. The trick to enjoying various lines is to NOT make comparisons, just enjoy whichever you're sailing at the time.:)

Well, not really. the fares are about the same.

It seems some folks have the impression that Carnival is offering a bargain price, and therefore we shouldn't compare it with other lines. Princess and Holland (and Celebrity) DO provide better room service options at about the SAME price. (Hamburgers, cheese platters, order off the dining room menu, full breakfast, special requests, etc.)

Even casual shopping for a reserved (not "guaranteed") balcony, 7-day Caribbean out of Florida shows they are about the same price, averaging $750 +/- $50 (considering on-board credit as real money, which it is.) Celebrity will average $50/pp more. Sure, there will be exceptions, but for Holland and Princess, fares are NOT much higher.

We're very happy to be booked on our first Carnival cruise, the Glory in November, and we'll have a great time. The draw for me is that Carnival gives Veterans discounts. It doesn't make a big money difference, but it's a nice sentiment. And, I get to leave from nearby Port Canaveral.

But yeah, like some of the others said, we'll miss the hamburgers delivered at midnight, and the hot breakfast delivered, and a couple of other treats here and there, and I'm sure we'll find some nice things unique to Carnival. I'm wayyy looking forward to the Turkey BLT. :)

Oh, can you order off the 24-hr menu even at breakfast? We couldn't do that last year on Princess. I guess too many folks were ordering sandwiches to take on excursions.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was originally disappointed reading about the small room service menu but..found it more than adequate when I was on Fantasy 10/26. Mostly because I learned on here that you could take anything back to your room. I often brought back a few of the french bread with butter to our room. I have reflux and the bread often helps when my medication can't keep up with all the wonderful food onboard hehe.

I loved to bring back to the room a fruit plate too for a mid afternoon snack. I wondered why they didn't offer a fruit plate on the room service since its an easy one and served cold.

And one problem with my tummy. Loved the taste of their coffee but it did play havoc to it. I have one of those two cup coffee makers..can I bring that onboard with my folgers sensitive stomach coffee or do they not allow those in rooms?

Archived