Official Carnival Room Service Menu Thread

Curt Jerome Wild

What's your favorite Carnival Room Service Sandwich?  

1,415 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Carnival Room Service Sandwich?

• Turkey
    • Ham and Cheese
    • Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
    • Peanut Butter and Jelly
    • Roast Beef and Brie on Fresh Baguette
    • Creamy Tuna Salad on Toasted English Muffin
    • Open Faced Shrimp Salad Sandwich on French Roll
    • Cheddar Cheese, Refried Beans and Lettuce in a Whole Wheat Wrap
    • Shredded Chicken Fajita, Crisp Greens and Guacamole in a Jalapeno and Tomato Wrap
    • Focaccia Sandwich with Grilled Zucchini, Fresh Mozzarella and Portabello with Basil Aioli

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Love love the roast beef on brie. However, I'm not the big mustard type, so I always ask for mustard and mayonnaise packets on the side.

Thanks for the tip. I don't like mayonnaise so I'll remember to ask them to hold it. I didn't see that it comes dressed.

My DW and DD had to have a PB&J sandwich each night before bed. They loved them.

Will they alter this menu at all? My DD loves peanut butter sandwiches but won't touch them if there is any jelly involved.

If they won't leave off the jelly I guess I could always order two, do a little operating and stick the 2 peanut butter sides together....:D LOL

Will they alter this menu at all? My DD loves peanut butter sandwiches but won't touch them if there is any jelly involved.

If they won't leave off the jelly I guess I could always order two, do a little operating and stick the 2 peanut butter sides together....:D LOL

Necessity is the 'mother of invention'..!

The BLT can become a grilled cheese also if u order a cheese sandwich with it and transfer the cheese to the toasted bread minus the B/L or T or leave any or all on if desired. Be sure to order a carafe of hot water also then upon arrival wrap it in a small towel. Tried it and while not ideal the doctored sandwich went under the small towel wrapped carafe and the heat partially melted the cheese slices. Was yummy!!

Happy cruisin' all!

My Carnival room service opinions:

Didn't understand the "toasted" peanut butter and jelly, but overall, OK

Roast Beef and Brie: Roast beef was bad, almost spoiled tasting, and just could not order it again after that one time...

Tuna: Decent, nothing grand

Caesar Salad: Very good, not much dressing

BLT: Perfect

Coffee: Very good, considering the things that could go wrong with it

Bagels, Cream Cheese and Lox: Bagels are little tough, not enough CC, and lox is really the cheapest variety, but hey it's free and lox. Not enough capers either....I order two and then use the extra CC and lox for mine....

Breakfast Pastries: Again, decent, not the best, but overall OK.

Cookies and Brownies: Hit and miss. Some cruises on Carnival, the brownies were to die for - Ectasy and Facination. Imagination and Inspiration, uggg...dried out with what tasted like raisins in them??? Uggg, I can still taste it...

Chocolate Cake: Very good

Oh, and they give you potato chips with every sandwich you order, and sometimes they are great and other times they are stale. Again, hit or miss.

I am going on my first RCCL for Alaskan cruise this June, and I have no idea what they offer for room service. Hope I can find a thread like this one for them.

Did you say Tuna on an English Muffin?????

Didn't I jjust read a post that said room service didn't have any for breakkfast? weird. Sounds as bad as the grilled cheese post above. hehe.

Did you say Tuna on an English Muffin?????

Didn't I jjust read a post that said room service didn't have any for breakkfast? weird. Sounds as bad as the grilled cheese post above. hehe.

tried it - don't knock it...sure beats no grilled cheese sandwich...Amazing how one craves something when it isn't available..:0)!!

You guys need to use your imagination.. :cool:

Bring a few beef bullion cubes or a packet of 50 cent Au Jus mix and mix it with either hot water from the tap or ask room service for hot tea and use the water. Take the beef off the sandwich and dunk it in Au Jus for a couple minutes to take the chill off and slap it back on the bread. Use the remaining "juice" for dunking the sandwich. Instant French Dip! And, it's warm!

You can also bring zip locks and put your brownies or cookies in it, zip it up and soak it in hot water for a couple minutes. mmmm warm brownies..

:p

Turkey, ham, and other meats will hold up in a zip lock too..

You guys need to use your imagination.. :cool:

Bring a few beef bullion cubes or a packet of 50 cent Au Jus mix and mix it with either hot water from the tap or ask room service for hot tea and use the water. Take the beef off the sandwich and dunk it in Au Jus for a couple minutes to take the chill off and slap it back on the bread. Use the remaining "juice" for dunking the sandwich. Instant French Dip! And, it's warm!

You can also bring zip locks and put your brownies or cookies in it, zip it up and soak it in hot water for a couple minutes. mmmm warm brownies..

:p

Turkey, ham, and other meats will hold up in a zip lock too..

Thanks for sharing...

• 2 months later...

What clever ideas several of you had for heating cold foods! My DH & I are cruising for the first time in September ('07) and are now looking forward to trying room service.

I just wondered, though, can one order room service the night before for breakfast to be delivered the next morning at a certain time? Or does one have to get up at the crack of dawn and get "in line" for it?

What clever ideas several of you had for heating cold foods! My DH & I are cruising for the first time in September ('07) and are now looking forward to trying room service.

I just wondered, though, can one order room service the night before for breakfast to be delivered the next morning at a certain time? Or does one have to get up at the crack of dawn and get "in line" for it?

No problemo with ordering the night before. Simply fill out the order form remembering to fill in the delivery time (I forgot once and had it come at 7 am - way too early for 'moi' :0)!!!

Then hang it on the outside door knob before u go to bed & 'eureka' breakfast served usually with a smile.....

Hope your cruise is the 'first' of many and as wonderful as u hope it will be..

Thanks for the quick response, cruisecrasy! This will be the first vacation in decades my DH and I have taken just for ourselves -- no visiting relatives, hosting family members, no obligatory weddings or funerals. Just a great time to be pampered all by ourselves, or, at least, with only 4000 of our "closest friends." :rolleyes:

Thanks for the quick response, cruisecrasy! This will be the first vacation in decades my DH and I have taken just for ourselves -- no visiting relatives, hosting family members, no obligatory weddings or funerals. Just a great time to be pampered all by ourselves, or, at least, with only 4000 of our "closest friends." :rolleyes:

Know exactly of whence u speak!! Nothing like just the 2 of u!!

One advantage to those 4000 'closest friends' is that u can simply say goodnite or goodby and leave - So hard to do with relatives - they always make such a fuss :0) !!

Which cruise to where & ship are u taking?

Glad to be of any assistance..

cruisecrasy,

In September we're taking Carnival Legend to the western Caribbean. Then in November we're booked on Carnival Glory to the eastern Caribbean. After all these years of looking forward to going on a cruise we booked two of them just to make up for lost time! Besides, all the posts on cruisecritic convinced us we'll love cruising!

dakwriter:cool:

When we cruised Carnival Pride a couple years ago, my teen daughter was absolutely bonkers for the room service bagel and cream cheese. It was her favorite food on the whole cruise. She ordered it like 4 times a day LOL

• 1 month later...

Have never ordered room service but intend to try it 'cause CCers make it sound sooo good!

Do the sandwiches include a side dish - pickles, cold slaw, potato chips or are u able to order any of those separately?

Any choice in the bagels - multigrain or whole wheat or just plain?

I love grilled cheese & tomato sandwiches on whole wheat or multigrain bread - any chance of getting it or is the menu 'set' with no deviations? Could I order a toasted cheese sandwich and a tomato sandwich (then combine them myself)?

Appreciate any replies. Many thanks in advance...

Archived