Official Carnival Room Service Menu Thread

Curt Jerome Wild

What's your favorite Carnival Room Service Sandwich?  

1,415 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Carnival Room Service Sandwich?

• Turkey
    • Ham and Cheese
    • Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato
    • Peanut Butter and Jelly
    • Roast Beef and Brie on Fresh Baguette
    • Creamy Tuna Salad on Toasted English Muffin
    • Open Faced Shrimp Salad Sandwich on French Roll
    • Cheddar Cheese, Refried Beans and Lettuce in a Whole Wheat Wrap
    • Shredded Chicken Fajita, Crisp Greens and Guacamole in a Jalapeno and Tomato Wrap
    • Focaccia Sandwich with Grilled Zucchini, Fresh Mozzarella and Portabello with Basil Aioli

This is an interesting thread on the RS

I try to go to bank for some $2 before we leave. The stewards really like them...some think they are "lucky". Especially if there are several trays, I'll do the 2 bucks.

I have always enjoyed everything we have had..shrimp salad is delightful. We do take some salt and pepper in recloseable containers. I just don't like tearing the little packets open. Also a sharp knife (in checked luggage) for cutting up fruit etc. I have found that the cookies are better from the lido deck...just bring a few back to cabin. Can't wait we leave on 9/8 on the Triumph out of Miami. :)

Alice in NSB

• 2 months later...

Great to see the room service menus.

No room service hot food, hmmm, RCCL Mariner had hot breakfasts. We ordered eggs, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes, toast. Also had fruit (all cut up nice in bowls), hot coffee and cocoa, juices. It was great.

They may have had hot lunches and dinners for room service, but we didn't order those, as always went to the diningroom or specialty restaurants that time of day/evening.

Well, we are looking forward to this cruise...in 8 days...

Any photos of the food (room service or otherwise) on the Carnival ships....esp Triumph, but any will do...............THX.

One thing I crave all my cruises is salty snacks. So last cruise we ordered room service just for the potato chips and pretzels. Three nights we tried but the chips and pretzels were stale every time.

One or two nights I lucked out and they were serving salty bar snacks and my Dh got me a cup of bar snack to go.

I planned on bringing salty stuff on my next cruise but I actually recently gave up salt. I'm having a harder time letting go of this addiction than I did when I quit smoking.

Originally Posted by Criscomia

What a shame.....other cruise lines (i.e. Holland, & Celebrity) have full room service..........I was really looking forward to a full breakfast in the cabin.

Well, not really. the fares are about the same.

It seems some folks have the impression that Carnival is offering a bargain price, and therefore we shouldn't compare it with other lines. Princess and Holland (and Celebrity) DO provide better room service options at about the SAME price. (Hamburgers, cheese platters, order off the dining room menu, full breakfast, special requests, etc.)

Even casual shopping for a reserved (not "guaranteed") balcony, 7-day Caribbean out of Florida shows they are about the same price, averaging $750 +/- $50 (considering on-board credit as real money, which it is.) Celebrity will average $50/pp more. Sure, there will be exceptions, but for Holland and Princess, fares are NOT much higher.

We're very happy to be booked on our first Carnival cruise, the Glory in November, and we'll have a great time. The draw for me is that Carnival gives Veterans discounts. It doesn't make a big money difference, but it's a nice sentiment. And, I get to leave from nearby Port Canaveral.

But yeah, like some of the others said, we'll miss the hamburgers delivered at midnight, and the hot breakfast delivered, and a couple of other treats here and there, and I'm sure we'll find some nice things unique to Carnival. I'm wayyy looking forward to the Turkey BLT. :)

Oh, can you order off the 24-hr menu even at breakfast? We couldn't do that last year on Princess. I guess too many folks were ordering sandwiches to take on excursions.

You are so right. While researching cruise lines for our next Alaskan cruise, we found that Celebrity was offering a sailing on the Millineum (sp) for almost $300 less than the Carnival Spirit-which we did book. We decided not to go with Celebrity because of their ongoing pod propulsion problems. Also, we are impressed with the reviews of Spirit and the reputation of Carnival's food and cleanliness. Can't wait-will be first time on Carnival and I'm showing up real hungry!

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if room service is available upon embarkation? We plan on boarding before noon, however, I would rather pass on the buffet.

If my room is ready by 1:00 or so, I would like to order a sandwich and enjoy it in the comfort of my cabin or balcony if the weather allows.

Then when I am energized and rested, I will hit the Lido and go for my DOD, fun and sail away. Does this sound do-able or am I dreaming?:D

Thanks all!

Judy

Sailing 4/13/08 on the Spirit to Mexico

Hmmm...

I've never tried it that soon, but I'm sure that if the kitchens are up and running for the buffets, then they are ready for room service.

If you try it will you please report back here?

Sure, I will let you know how it goes.

The thought of standing in a buffet line after an embarkation line is killin' me. Then you have to find a table....I'd much rather be waited on.

Yeah, I'm a little princess I guess. But a nice one:p

Can't wait to try one of those sandwiches everyone has been raving about. And the cake and brownies.......

What I most look forward to is ordering room service coffee and danish for breakfast. I wonder if anyone will bother my hanging door menu. I may get coffee at 5 AM......:eek: ! Do people really do this. That is just mean to tamper with someones RS menu. ARRGGG don't mess with my food!

See ya:D Judy...Thanks so much for posting those pics!

• 1 month later...

We didn't try room service last year, I was really never hungry enough to need anything, although the menu was tempting. This year with a balcony, I might order tea early and enjoy it outside instead of venturing upstairs early.

• 2 weeks later...
We didn't try room service last year, I was really never hungry enough to need anything, although the menu was tempting. This year with a balcony, I might order tea early and enjoy it outside instead of venturing upstairs early.

You can order the night before and use it as a wake up call.....

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, have never tried room service but I definitely will in Feb. It sounds like a great wake up call so that I can have my coffee without going up to the lido deck to get it. I have one question. Do they have flavored creamer with room service or should I just bring my own? Thanks!

No flavored creamers on our cruises when we had room service, the cream was ini a tiny stainless steel pitcher on the RCCL, and in the single serve cuplets on the Carnival. But we did not ask for flavored creamers either, so maybe they were available on the Caranival. I hadn't seen any flavored creamers on either cruise in the buffets either, so to be safe, bring some along in luggage. Talking about luggage, now the airlines are charging for those too. What next ??!!!

Great to hear about the toasted PB&J. That's my favorite breakfast and late night snack at home. Toasting the bread melts the PB. One question: Do you get a choice of Jelly? Just grape (yuck) or my fav, strawberry? That and a glass of very cold milk and I'm out like a light.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking forward to getting room service on our next cruise. When we went on a cruise for our honeymoon ten years ago, we wanted to order room service several times, usually after our naps, and from what I can remember we didn't do it because for some reason we never had any cash on us. I can't remember if we just had travelers checks or bigger bills. It's all kind of fuzzy now, but I'm getting some room service this time.

Hi funny reading your post my Hubby and I were last on Carnival 10 years ago for our honeymoon also! We are trying Carnoval again for our 10th anniversary on Oct 18th Glory sailing.

• 1 month later...

Archived