Anyone on Freedom booked Canopy Tour in Montego Bay??

Our cruise leaves on October 1st, so our RCCL excursions haven't been open for booking yet because October is considered the "next season". However, this morning, ONE of our ports opened up for booking--Montego Bay. Which is good, because that's the one I really wanted to book through RCCL. I've had my eye on the Canopy Tour these last 12 months and have been eagerly anticipating booking it. But wouldn't you know, when I checked the tours available for booking, the Canopy Tour wasn't on there! I called the Shore Excursion desk and they told me that if it's not showing up on the list, it's not offered at this time. She couldn't tell me if it would be added later or not (I know that sometimes they add more.) She said that it just may not be available for our ship. So I wanted to find out if anyone else who is going before us has been able to book the Canopy Tour for Freedom? Anyone?

Seems our sailing (week before yours) is the last sailing showing excursion for the Freedom, bummer. Were booked on it. It is offered like 4 times while were in port. 8am, 9am, 11am & 12pm. $89 and last 4 hours. They also lowered the age from 18 to 12 for kids, same rate of $89.

Just looked and all tours are still available so just keep your eyes open.

BonVoyage

Dawna

So maybe they will add it a little later?? I can't imagine them NOT offering this tour, since it is so popular. I'll be SO sad if they don't add it. I even checked the port schedule to see if maybe there were too many ships in port that day & RCCL couldn't get the tour. But we're the ONLY ship in port that day! I'll keep my eyes open & check regularly to see if they add it between now & then. Oh, I just thought of something--I'll contact The Original Canopy Tour themselves, and see if they know if RCCL has asked them to do the tour that week!:)

Thanks for the link Dawna. My friend at work was just in Jamaica on her honeymoon in February and her & her husband did the Canopy Tour. I was wanting to do it before she went & asked her to tell me all about it when she got back. She showed me her pictures & told me all about it and I knew I HAD to try it. They had a great time!

This a little embarresing but...is there a weight limit for this excursion. My husband and son want to do this but husband is a little overweight. I would hate for him to get there and be turned away. Thanks for any info.

These are the restrictions listed. Not a weight limit but does look like there is a size requirement. Guess it may depend on how overweight or where they carry their weight? Wish I could be of more help.

Notes: You must be 12 years of age to participate on this tour. You must have the ability to walk 30 minutes uphill and up steps, sufficient mobility and strength to climb a 20-foot ladder straight up, and fit in the harness and helmet in a safe manner as determined by the Chief System Operator (head guide). This tour is not suitable for pregnant women, persons with heart trouble, seizure disorders, asthma, problems with balance, some disabilities, back, neck or shoulder problems.

Goodluck,

Dawna

Simplyred, no need to be embarrassed! My husband is a large guy too, and up until recently (after having gastric bypass surgery) there was a LOT he couldn't do! I totally understand where you're coming from. It's not always easy for bigger guys to be comfortable either, especially if they're strapped into a harness! I checked out their web site, but didn't see a limit listed...but here's the site, so maybe you can contact them to ask them directly: http://www.canopypago.com/montego.html I hope you're able to go!

• 7 months later...

Archived