High Tea Time on Carnival

bettycrocker

So thrilled to read about Carnival's tea service. I have had afternoon tea a few places in Manhattan, and a couple of times in England, and I DO love it. I agree with some of the other posters, my favorite is clotted cream and scones. I so hope they offer this on Carnival. I have read in the Carnival Caper's about it but never ventured to one as I didn't want to go alone and I don't think it's my fiance's cup of tea, so to speak (no pun intended), haha! I will be aboard the Carnival Legend in July for my wedding and I think this would be a great way for "the girls" to relax and get away from the men for a bit. Let them go sit in the smelly cigar bar and drink Scotch or something. Thanks for the nice info everyone! :)

• 9 months later...

Afternoon Tea does vary on certain ships as to what is served. On Carnival- 'Ecstasy' cruise I took last Jan. only tiny desserts and tea were served. A variety of teas (bags) were offered. No tea sandwiches. It was served in the smaller 'Neon Bar', however it was very pleasant and enjoyable.

Just for informational sake, Afternoon Tea is also served on Princess ships....EVERY day. Not just sea days. On the 'Golden Princess' (which I cruised on) desserts, tea sandwiches, cookies and scones and English Breakfast Tea were served. The tea was served in the Donatello Dining room. Most enjoyable indeed!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We are going on the conquest Dec. 23. I can hardly wait to go to tea time it sounds amazing. My 11 year old dd and parents and I have tea time here at home. My dad and I work and my mom watches my dd. My mom and dd usually have the tea and sandwiches, and treats waiting for us. They are all dressed up and my dd has clothes laid out for me to change into. My mom has done this with my dd every since she was little and was just learning to walk.

The four of us are going on this cruise I am sure we all will enjoy tea time. I did not realize conquest had tea time. My daughter and I went with My friend (for her 40th b-day celebration) and her two kids. This would have been fun for my friend and our dd to do. We all like tea and always have tea when we are together.

I am looking forward to our christmas cruise and I will look forward to trying out tea time. Does anyone know where they have it on the Conquest?

Thank you,

cruisinggrammie's daughter (Georgee)

So thrilled to read about Carnival's tea service. I have had afternoon tea a few places in Manhattan, and a couple of times in England, and I DO love it. I agree with some of the other posters, my favorite is clotted cream and scones. I so hope they offer this on Carnival. I have read in the Carnival Caper's about it but never ventured to one as I didn't want to go alone and I don't think it's my fiance's cup of tea, so to speak (no pun intended), haha! I will be aboard the Carnival Legend in July for my wedding and I think this would be a great way for "the girls" to relax and get away from the men for a bit. Let them go sit in the smelly cigar bar and drink Scotch or something. Thanks for the nice info everyone! :)

On my last Triumph cruise, afternoon tea was held in the Cigar Bar. :eek:

Hal has the afternoon tea too. It is very popular. Get there on time for a seat. Most days it is in the Explorer's lounge. The Dutch Tea is usually in the main dining room. I enjoyed it alot.

Princess's team is in the main dining room.

I am looking forward to it on Oceania and on Carnival next year..... which is almost here!

I also enjoy Tea Time on Carnival ships. I think it's a nice bonus and, for some reason a lot of people don't seem to know about it even though it's printed in the daily activities paper. It's a very enjoyable way to spend 30 minutes to an hour on a day at sea!

Eddie

Everyone should experience tea time at least once. It was our daughters favorite thing last year on our cruise (she was 11). This year she has already chosen a dress just for the tea time occasion. I think it made her feel a bit grown up and it was just her and I for a little girl time alone. We leave in two weeks and that is one of the things that she actually asked about. :)

Everyone should experience tea time at least once. It was our daughters favorite thing last year on our cruise (she was 11). This year she has already chosen a dress just for the tea time occasion. I think it made her feel a bit grown up and it was just her and I for a little girl time alone. We leave in two weeks and that is one of the things that she actually asked about. :)

Totally agree that it is a very special, quiet respite.

My husband enjoys it too - we have our favorite "Tea Room" here in San Jose that the Two of us frequent for an afternoon of quiet time together (& yummies).

It's the relaxing, slowed-down pace that just SEEMS to happen when having Tea.:rolleyes:

Anna will not miss any "Tea Days" at Sea if possible.

See you at Tea.:)

Janis

• 4 weeks later...

I hadn't heard of this and it sounds fantastic! :D

I'm going to look for this on my cruise in a couple weeks. I think I'll take my ten year old daughter (waitresses always say, "I forget she's a child! She's like a little adult." and she's very quiet and polite.)

She doesn't like tea, but hopefully I can tempt her to go for the finger sandwiches and she can pretend to sip it, lol. I don't want to miss out.

On Carnival Conquest they only had tea. There were lots and lots of teas. My 11 year old daughter liked to use the flavored teas and add honey and cream to it and it gave it a total different flavor then just sipping tea. Remember that lemon and cream do not mix. :o My daughter tried that and it curdle something awful. HE,HE.....;)

We had so much fun. It was offered 3 times on our cruise and my dad made sure he went to every one, We all enjoyed it so much. :)

Up in the buffet on our cruise was hot chocolate packets. You might ask at tea if they have them, I know we had to ask for honey the first day and they made sure they had it for us the next two times. It is amazing their memories are. Esspecially when there were so many people that they meet.

On Carnival Conquest they only had tea. There were lots and lots of teas. My 11 year old daughter liked to use the flavored teas and add honey and cream to it and it gave it a total different flavor then just sipping tea. Remember that lemon and cream do not mix. :o My daughter tried that and it curdle something awful. HE,HE.....;)

We had so much fun. It was offered 3 times on our cruise and my dad made sure he went to every one, We all enjoyed it so much. :)

Up in the buffet on our cruise was hot chocolate packets. You might ask at tea if they have them, I know we had to ask for honey the first day and they made sure they had it for us the next two times. It is amazing their memories are. Esspecially when there were so many people that they meet.

:) That me clarify that, there were mini sandwiches and desserts of every kind with the tea. When I started the earlier thought I was responding to the question about if they offered just tea or hot chocolate too.:)

• 1 year later...

It is actually called tea time, On my four day cruise they had it twice. It is in the back of one of the main dinning rooms. They serve a variety of teas in a red velvet box. It is short but you can stay as long as you want. It is one of the must do activities.

I took a few photos at tea time I tried adding them in the post but it did not work, sorry.

Tea Time Snack Carnival Cruise

Chocolate Cup Tea Time Carnival Cruise

Edited by happycruiser1231
more photos did not appear

Does anyone know if they have tea on the shorter cruises? We will be on Sensation for a 3 night in November and my mom and I love tea. I think my boys would enjoy it too; they both enjoy tea and love little snacks. And if anyone will be on the crui9se with us, I promise to keep a close eye on them and make sure they behave themselves.