High Tea Time on Carnival

bettycrocker

Does anyone know if they have tea on the shorter cruises? We will be on Sensation for a 3 night in November and my mom and I love tea. I think my boys would enjoy it too; they both enjoy tea and love little snacks. And if anyone will be on the crui9se with us, I promise to keep a close eye on them and make sure they behave themselves.

Yes, I was on a 3-day Elation cruise and there was afternoon tea on the sea day.

Thanks. I found someone who posted the 3 day capers and found it on the sea day (Saturday) at 2:30. My mom thought we would still be too full from lunch to go, but I reminded her that my boys are not going to wait past noon for lunch so by 2:30 I'll be ready for a little tea and something sweet.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

On the Legend 1/31/10 our Roll Call will be bringing their teddy bears and we are doing our meet and greet during tea time, on the first sea day. It was something I wanted to do on the Sensation last year, but got involved doing something else. I am really looking forward to this meeting, do you think there will be a problem if about 40 of us show up with bears?

• 5 weeks later...

I take good tea with me when I travel so it was a very pleasant surprise to find the Carnival tea so enjoyable. The salmon sandwiches are very good and the scones are very authentic, that is, they are soft, pillowy little cakes filled with a lightly flavored cream. They also have divine raspberry tartlets and here's a nice touch: When we told the server DH is very allergic to strawberries and raspberries, they immediately got another serving spatula so his sandwiches and scones would not be "contaminated" and he could enjoy the salmon and cucumber sandwiches without fear of a bad reaction. *Aaaahhhh - contented sigh...* Those of us on diets should beware - the scones are addictive and must be very high in calories. Of course, that's one reason they taste so good!

• 2 weeks later...

On my last cruise (Valor, November 22) there were assorted sandwiches and desserts at tea, but no scones. Funniest part was that I practically had to beg for milk for my tea. The chicken salad sandwiches were wonderful. I wish they served them full size in the deli. It was in the main dining room from 3:30 to 4:30 and you could tell the servers wanted us in and out fast because they had to set up for early dining. It's nice to sit at a table in the dining room, but tea in one of the lounges is less rushed, and you get piano music.

• 4 months later...

Afternoon tea was served in one of the lounges on sea days with piano music for entertainment and the sweet and savory food offerings were exceptional and differed from day to day. IMO this is one of the two things Carnival does better than HAL - afternoon tea and 24 hour made to order pizza!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Since the last post on this subject was such a long time ago I thought I would ask if anyone knows if Carnival still does this? My wife and I did this on the Dream several years ago and really enjoyed it. I hope they still have it in when we sail again in 2017.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Carnival has teatime at 3:00 in the afternoon on sea days. I went to one teatime on my last cruise and will definitely do so again in October. They serve tea and little cakes and finger sandwiches. It works so well as a light lunch after having the sea day brunch. And, it's just another way to be pampered and waited on - ah . . . cruise life is sooo different from real life.

• 4 weeks later...

hi just came back from carnival

high tea was a joke waste of time too

food was less than desired

charge you for a flavored tea otherwise you get lipton

scone was not a real scone like i got on the qe2

or not like on ncl norway where it was served elegantly with music

a waste of time very poor :(

We went to afternoon tea this Spring on the Conquest. It was a little rushed, not really like other teas I've been to. But it was still really nice. Something different to experience. I plan on going again on my next cruise.

IMG_1468557853.285347.jpg.ffca16484118b93de84e07587507b868.jpg

IMG_1468557828.749207.jpg.d8c7a4b9050cf2c78bad8d7449e3cd26.jpg

• 9 months later...

I see how old this thread is so I wanted to update the information. My hubby & I always do the tea, when we cruise Carnival. Some have been in the MDR of to the side , a couple in the Piano Bar. Sometimes very relaxing, but others are hectic & noisy. Still always enjoyed them, UNTILL our cruise last month on the Fantasy. I really got upset when the only tea that was offered, was Lipton regular or green, no different flavors like in the past. NOW for a small upcharge of $1.95 you can get a different tea.

I understand this is really a small thing, but the nickel & dime charges have gone too far. Guess we are going to look at a more costly line, because it might end up being just a reasonable. Just hate giving up my Platinum perks.

January, 2017 aboard Carnival Liberty: our one day at sea, Tea was offered. Not sure I would agree with it being called a "High Tea" (and not sure at all that it was so listed in the daily program).

The Tea was held in the aft dining room with only enough guests to fill 3-4 tables. It was a "civilized" experience and the people at my table, once the "ice" was broken, were most enjoyable companions. A pleasant, quiet interlude in the day's activites, I thought. I was glad I decided to attend. Until.......

Good Buck's experience with the up-charge for a herbal tea is what I experienced. I did NOT appreciate this charge. Yes, it was small. BUT, THERE WAS NO PRIOR WARNING THAT THIS WOULD TAKE PLACE! The only time I was aware of this was when a Steward presented me with an invoice to sign. I protested my surprise and ignorance of this charge. It did no good and his attitude about my complaint increased my unhappiness. This situation was a negative comment I made upon reviewing my cruise.

The pastries offered, particularly the cakes, were excellent. The sandwich offerings were very limited, but acceptable. I enjoyed my herbal tea until I was presented with the bill. And, I did enjoy my fellow guests.

Not sure I will attend another such event on a Carnival ship, however.

• 3 weeks later...

We always do tea one afternoon. It's alright. Im not a big sweets eater so i mostly eat the tea sandwiches. Unfortunately they only had two different ones. The selection of pastries was good though. They told us ahead of time that certain teas were extra $, so we were aware of that. I think they were $2.95.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...