Television questions

loowho

You plan on watching tv?:D On Fantasy, we had channels out of NY (major networks and I think CNN) for most of the trip, but we watched only when getting ready for dinner or bed. They tend to pick up NY a lot for channels. That tv wasn't on for more than 1 hour a day. They have a Carnival channel that shows info on the ship and they show a movie everyday in a loop so you can watch the whole movie in pieces all day long. I think you can hook up a dvd player, but not sure about rentals. Honestly, unless you have small children, no one spends that much time in their cabin.

sense you are talking about teens, i don't think there will be anything on the ships tv to keep them interested late at night.

My teens had their own cabin and i don't think they ever even turned the tv on, they were to busi out and about and then went right to sleep as soon as they got back to the cabin.

We sailed on the Destiny in 2000. At that time the TV's had no input jacks. Perhaps someone else knows if the TV's are new now but I doubt it.

Do any of your kids have a laptop? We always bring ours to download pictures each day as well as play music and movies.

If you bring a laptop, you will need to bring a powerstrip also as the cabins have only one outlet.

Pay per view movies cost 8.99 each.

Each day there are 3 different movies that play around the clock that are free.

Destiny is a port intensified cruise. You will find your kids wont have time to be bored.

Mkae sure they get to the first teen meeting the first night.

Take early seating so the activities dont cut down on teen time.

Most kids this age tend just to hang out and not particiapte in the activities===but their disco is only opened from 8-10 then it closes for adults.

I don't know if I'm relieved or not to hear my teens won't be watching tv because they'll be out and about late and night! Did you use walkie talkies to keep in touch with them?

No, they had to check in every hour and had to be in their cabin when i went to bed, (usually about 12 or 12:30) i did not want to wake up in the middle of the night to find they were not in their cabin and have to search the ship for them, they stayed in the cabin right across the hall.

We have tryed the walkie talkie thing before but with so many other people using them i could not figure out if it was my kid yelling for me or someone elses and they get very anoying.

They are girls so most of the time when they came to check in, they would just hang out with me the rest of the night.

One of them even made a comment that they should hang around with people moms age more often because they really know how to have fun.

Cabin telephones are set up for voice mail. You just have to reset it when you get onboard...and use the public phones around the ship.

These work better then the walkie talkies. Like the poster stated all the kids yelling into them for MOM to pick up and all the moms replying what.

If you do go the walkie route- pick another name other then mom and please tell your kids not to give out private information across the airways- like their location and where they are headed- I know it kinda defeats the purpose of knowing where they are...but you are sailing with 2000 strangers.

Archived