Toddler on Sovereign

No, this is not a "Can I bring my toddler to the pool" thread! :)

Our first cruise was on the Star Princess last fall. We had such a great time we decided to combine a cruise-Disney vacation for Sept and invite all the kids --- 4 adult children between 24 and 31, one of whom is married with a toddler. Since we were paying, they naturally all accepted! :p

Although we were perfectly satisfied with the Star Princess and would have sailed Princess again in a minute, we chose Royal Caribbean because of the Tot and Toddler program designed by Fisher-Price. We understand that an adult has to accompany our granddaughter at all times, but with so many aunts, uncles and grandparents around that isn't a problem. Why didn't we choose Disney? Because we are going to Disney after the cruise and wanted something more "adult" for the rest of the gang. However, we do want for everyone to have a good time on the entire vacation and RCL seemed to offer the best of both worlds.

My question is two-fold: 1) Has anyone had experience with a toddler in those programs? My granddaughter will be just two at the time of sailing in Sept.

2) How often do the 45 minute programs run? Is it only on sea days?

Oh, I just thought of another one!

3) Has anyone actually brought along a blow up pool as has been suggested here, or was that in jest?

BTW, we have reserved inside cabins for all the kids and a junior suite for us, so that there is a central place for us to get together and hang out and play games, or a quiet spot for someone to take some sun and/or the baby to nap. I'm hoping that works out well, too!

Thanks!

grace

My BIL and family went with their then 24 month old a few months back. DN and either BIL or his wife attended nearly every session. DN is VERY social and loved it. BIL and wife said that it was a nice change of pace and a great opp to meet other parents.

While I have not brought on a blow up pool for toddlers, I have seen them - so no it is not "just" a joke. I have seen very small pools on the balcony next to me with a little one splashing away (very fun!). I have also seen a small pool with two little ones on deck (near the Adventure Beach area) - nicely out of the way not disturbing anyone. The blow-up pools take very little water and there are drains on the decks in which to dispose of the water when the little ones are done (otherwise, where would all the rain that falls on deck go?).

Have fun!

Archived