Alaska Cruise Line Questions, Which one?

m183837

I want to take my 68 year old mother on an Alaskan cruise. Does anyone know which cruise line I should consider? Definately not a cruise line with a lot of kids.

Also someone told her the best room is in the middle of the ship and not close to the upper floors, any suggestions or comments on what is the best location in the ship for a room?

A lot depends on the personality of your mom. Some people recommend Holland America because generally overall it tends to be an older crowd. I would recommend Princess or NCL. There is a good variety of ages, the kid's programs are great so we usually did not see many kids at all running around. I really like the dining options on both Princess and NCL. You can do formal or not, set dining or anytime dining. It's your choice, which is nice. Also, we have never had a problem being seated right away in the personal choice or freestyle dining. I've talked to several people over the years who have gone on Holland America, and it is nice but it seems like most of them like the other lines as well if not better. Again, it depends on the likes and dislikes of the person sailing. We are doing another Alaska cruise next summer and will probably go NCL. (Though we were just on the Sapphire Princess and it was pretty nice!)

Archived