Rhapsody, Glory Comparisons

I would like to ask the experienced cruisers out there to please make some comparisons between RCCL’s Rhapsody of the seas to Carnival’s Glory. Both will fit our June 07 schedule and we like both itineraries. Mainly would like to know about wear and tear on these ships and activities for a extended family ages 13 to 60.

Although I can't compare the two ships for you I think you'll be interested in knowing Rhapsody is going into dry dock for refurbishing Feb. 9 2007. I was on one carnival cruise and never again, i found RCL to be much better.

We just returned on June 11th from the Rhapsody. Although I have never been on a Carnival Cruise, the Rhapsody was very clean, well kept. The crew were amazing. There was a singer/impersonator, Paul Boland, that was just top notch. He did everyone from Kermit to each one of the Beatles.

We just returned on June 11th from the Rhapsody. Although I have never been on a Carnival Cruise, the Rhapsody was very clean, well kept. The crew were amazing. There was a singer/impersonator, Paul Boland, that was just top notch. He did everyone from Kermit to each one of the Beatles.

Cvmrer - We are a family of 4 and will be sailing Rhapsody July 30. I was glad to come across this thread and since you just got back from your cruise I hope you can answer some questions for me. Can you tell me who your cruise director was and if he/she was any good. Were you pleased with them and was he/she funny and entertaining? I had heard some pretty aweful things about a cruise director by the name of Dan Dan the Party Man. I hope he's gone.

Also, Did you happen to have an inside cabin? If so do you have pictures of the cabin. I want to get a feel of how small it is. We will be on deck 7, category M, inside cabin. Are the cabins clean?

Thanks for your help.

Ciao

In spite of the zealots who find it necessary to indicate they will "never sail Carnival again" you would find the Glory a very nice ship. We have found that a cruise is what you make it. Have been on new ships and very old ships, big ones and little ones. If they are kept up either one would be wonderful. Pick one and go for it and take the totally negative comments for what they are - vast over statements.

The Raphsody is an older, smaller ship, I believe. one of the Vision class. The Glory is one of the larger Carnival Conquest class. We sailed on her sister ship, the Liberty, and had a very positive experience, especially since we paid less than half what we paid for the Radiance. The ships in that class are poorly designed, in my opinion - there are a number of decks where "you can't get there from here." And, of course, the decor is simply awful. I wouldn't hesitate to sail with them again, though, at the price we paid. I'm watching for another of those deals! That was our first Carnival, been on 14 RCI - I think you'd like either.:)

Thanks all for information provided. We are still undecided. We have previously sailed on Carnival Ecstasy and RCCL Sovereign of the Seas, our kids (12 and 15) much preferred carnival due to other kids and also kids activities. I really enjoyed both our cruises but have heard RCCL is better for adults. It’s hard to please all in our group but maybe I can get some more info here on Cruise Critic to help me decide.

Archived