Live on Crown Princess ....

travelscrapper

It's almost midnight here on the Crown and we are heading back to port after a cold wet day at sea. Be sure to bring rain gear and windbreakers as I'm sure you may hit a few days of cool weather---we we're prepared but I was surprised at how many weren't.....oh you dont want to hear about that you want to hear about the ship....well let me tell you she is beautiful. I have sailed on the Craibbean Princess and she has alot more style and class. Things for the most part we're very smooth a few minor & I mean minor hiccups along the way----be sure to check you spa appointments if you booked them via the internet---we did and they did not have a record of them but we're able to get us in with out a problem. This is going to jump around some as it's late---so much to tell about in such a short time.....

The Atrium or Promenade area of the ship is very lovely it's spans 3 decks with the top being Crooners piano bar and "Essence" high end gift shop----on the next level is the pursers desk and the regular gift shop. On the bottom level is the Wine bar along with nice atrium seating as well as the international coffee area kind of like "starbucks". In the "Piazza" there is entertainment thru out the day...muscians, magicians and other acts---really a nice touch as you waint to get into the dining rooms which are off the "Piazza: area.

Of course I LOVE LOVE the sanctuary---it's very peaceful.....and grand. Its my understanding that there will be reserved seats for spa guests and the rest are first come first serve.

Theater is same as Caribbean Princess, Not sure if I like the move of Sky walkers----good in the fact is does not "shade" aft pool but sure do miss the view from the back of the ship it provided at sail-a-way. Nice kids pool w/shade over pool---also kids club & teen club look nice.

Everyone was on "early" or "late" seating and it went well---the staff was nervous at first and they got the jitters out of the way after taking our orders. The food was excellent---twin lobster talis, steak--a wider variety menu----the buffett in the Horizon Court is the same no change there.

They moved Sabitinos to the aft of the ship near the aft pool and it is beautiful with lots of windows and a nice litte fountain area. They also redecked the aft pool and it's really beautiful w/teak wood like the spa pool has on Caribbean Princess. Sterlings is no longer its now the -----(something) Grill----which is now steak & sea food. They have also moved scoops as well & it's combined w/pizza are which used to be w/Trident Grill. --I think teh pizza is now as you exit out of pool w/MUTS and enter into the other pool area whose name escapes me right this second. MUTS was good they had ususal Tina Turner Concert--Tom Jones Concert---Beyonce Concert---King Kong, and The Matthew McConehy & Sarah Jeccia Parker Movie.

I'm sorry I'm tired and am forgetting the names---& I'm sure there are a million spelling errors but I wanted to share somethings with you guys---after all the great tips I've gotten from this board.

I'm sure other TA's will post more too when we get back. Internet was not working well this afternoon--I'm sure that's why there are few reviews.

Feel Free to post questions I'm sure others will pipe in and review and I'll be more coherent tomorrow.

Sherri

PS: Cd is James Lay & Lisa Bell is w/him as well.

Hey Sherri, I hope you are having a great time! can you do me a favor? A friend of mine just contracted on the Crown. He plays the drums in one of the clubs, I'm not sure which. His name is Tim from San Diego, we also call him burley man on occasion. He is a tall skinny guy with dark hair. If you happen to see him and could tell him Mikey M says hi I would greatly appreciate it! I have known him since 1980 something and we are in the same line of work.

Thanks!!!

Mike

Great to hear about the ship! Sorry that the weather didn't cooperate. I still have soooo many questions. What kind of cabin do you have? What kind of desserts were served? Where did you eat breakfast? How was it? And about the kids pool...Does that mean they can't use any of the the other pools? BYW, if you see my TA tell him I found a cheaper rate elsewhere:D (Maybe next time I'll at least have a bottle of wine in my room)

Thanks for the report. A recent interview with the Princess onboard director said there would be a "water feature" in the center of the atrium/Piazza. I have yet to see a picture of one. Did you notice a fountain of any kind?

Thank you for taking the time to give us a "Live Report" from the Crown. Too bad the weather isn't very nice. Sounds like the weather we just had over the weekend in Chicago. I can't wait to hear more about the ship.

Thank You for taking the time to review the new "Crown". Sorry weather was not that great but I am sure just being on this beautiful ship made up for it. We sail Sept. and can't wait.

In your travels around the ship, can you please take a look at cabin P246 and see what is above it? (and any other comments/advice you can ascertain)

It's very close to being under the back of the theater, but on the deckplan i can't figure out if it is part of the 'waitstaff area' or what is directly above it... want to make sure we won't be hearing banging classes all thru the nite as we're traveling with a baby).

THANKS!!!!

Starboard side will face the Statue of Liberty they do back the ship in. We were in Baja 531 pretty mid-ship---great location & cabin. Princess replaced plastic table & chiars w/nice little metal bistro set.

Kids are of the ship I thought was really nice & I dont have kids. They have a nice covered childrens pool & little toys craft area and it's just a nice room for little ones to hang out in. Teen center was also nice w/computer air hockey and juke box and just a nice area. There is a video arcade for the kids as well of course it cost $$ to play the games in the video arcade. The childrens pool has a nice cover over it and it's "gated" so that the kids can't wander out and it's right next to kids club.

No there was not a water feature in the atrium. Not sure how they could add one----as they use the "center" for entertainment and if they put a fountain in there would be no space to have performers perform.

There are 2 small water fountains by the aft pool where they moved Sabatinios too. It's cute back there.

Anyone going on this ship will love it the's really a nice ship and I'm thrilled with the changes over the Caribbean Princess....the ship was pretty full and did not notice it being so....even with the rain and everyone being inside tons of things for everyone to do.

This ship is fabulous! We just got back yesterday from the 2 nighter and we LOVED this ship! We are booked on her again in November and I can't wait. I loved the new bedding, the kids area, the piazza (not sure about the spelling of that), and did my usual damage in the shops. They still have the $10 evening bags and beautiful scarves for $10 also that went quickly after people started walking around showing them off! This is the best ship yet!

The Sanctuary is just heaven! I'm sure they will have some problems with too many people wanting in this area so I sure do hope they have that figured out by the time we get back on her again!

Thank you so much for using your valuable play time to make the rest of us drool!!! I love the post and the information. Just a few weeks now.

Nliedel - nice story about the triathalon...cute picture too...lol

Archived