Best Piano Entertainer on Carnival?

CrusinAgain

i dont honestly know...im either here til the 23rd, 27th, or 30th, but right now, it looks like the 23rd...they havent confirmed my end date yet...

we keep missing each other!!!!

Thanks... at any rate.. never mind, because I had a momentary lapse of reason... :) ... It is the FANTASY we are sailing on (for the 27th....):o

If we keep up our sail pace (not SNAIL'S PACE... :cool: ) then eventually the stars will align!

Tom

we can always request slots...but i dont think it'll be me on the liberty...i think im gonna be on either glory or spirit this winter...

If you get assigned to the Spirit, look up Pat Moore. He should be playing the atrium gig. Super nice guy. You would love the Spirit. Great change of ports during what can be a long contract. Of the Supper Clubs to sing in, that would be the ship I would choose.

DH and I are considering a quickie cruise over Christmas break (can leave kids in FL with grandma and grandpa :D ). Fascination would work perfectly. If the piano bar is rockin', then we'd be set. Any input from anyone? I think the piano bar on Fascination is called 88...anyone been on the ship lately? Any idea who might be on in December? Or, do we just have to cross our fingers?

we can always request slots...but i dont think it'll be me on the liberty...i think im gonna be on either glory or spirit this winter...

oh darn! Well, maybe Ron or Vince will be sailing The Liberty this winter...ya think? What would be the chances? I hope we have a good paino man that will get the crowd going!! :rolleyes: Well, Mark....hopefully I will catch you soon on another Carnival Ship.

Okay, I just got back from the 7/9 sailing of the Valor....

And while Darrin MacDonald on the Inspiration will always be special because he was my first....

But, Ron Pass on the Valor was terrific. Very talented, very funny, a great all around entertainer, and a really nice guy. He worked hard to involve the crowd and welcome the people in, even when the audience was a bit more subdued. Although he plays entirely too much Billy Joel.... (ducking, ouch!) Just kidding! I swear!

Really, though if you are on the Valor between now and November go see him in the Lindy Hop Bar you won't be disappointed.

The one thing that really bugs me about Carnival is that for some reason they don't see the need to promote the Piano Bar or the other musical acts in the other lounges. Other than the line on the schedule in the Capers, not a word in any of the talks or announcements. The Hairy Chest contest gets a mention, but never the musicians.

- Laura

no, vince should still be there in october. i hope to get there in november...

I thought you wanted to play for the Saints and Sinners in October on the Conquest ? Is they a way that we try to make this happen?

i guess you could write to, or contact the Carnival Entertainment Dept., and ask them...

i dont know if a 'write-in' campaign has ever been waged for a piano player before...lol

What the heck. I think it is worth a try.

I contacted Ron Pass to see if he will be on The Liberty in December. It turns out that he has extended his contract with the Valor until December :(

Vince...where are ya? Any chance that YOU will be on the Liberty this December? I'm rroting for a good piano player. Mark wont be thre, Ron won't be there....:( :(

well, my next stop is the TRIUMPH, beginning 7/29...

Hi Mark,

I've read lots of great things about you, and I'm looking forward to meeting you on the Triumph 9/2. I've been wondering who would be there in Sept, and now I know :D We had a great time with Damien on the Conquest in Nov 05, and a not so good time on the Glory with someone in April '06 :( , but I'm feeling a whole lot better now!

You will still be on the 9/2 sailing, right? It's only a month after you sign-on. Take care, and see ya in about 44 days!

i am not 100% sure if i will still be there for the 9/2 sailing, but it looks likely.

as for the legend, i was there in april/may, and wont likely be back until next summer in NYC. as for their next piano player, that person has not yet been assigned.

The best Piano player ever for Carnival is Mele! I don't know if she's still sailing with Carnival, but she was the best.

"Music is the air that I breathe." From the artist`s own words, comes the summation of a lifetime of music for Mele, a strong and versatile singer, keyboardist, and songwriter. Based out of Tampa, Florida, she has been charming audiences throughout the Southeast with her warm, buttery voice and disarming smile since 1990. In recent years, many people know her as the "Piano M`am" of Carnival Cruise Lines, directing the raucous sing alongs in the piano bars of such ships as the Inspiration (1997-98), Paradise (1998-2000), and Jubilee (2001).

www.mele.cc

In March of 2004, Duane Lewis, from Canada was on the Legend. He was fantastic! He not only did requests of various music, but he also had a few books with the words. He had a full crowd every night (Me and my mom closed the bar, so I know) and even passed the mikes around for solos from the crowd! He also handled some "difficult" guests quite well. There was a large group, who for the most part were a lot of fun, but often wanted Duane to ONLY play THEIR music. He very deftly let them know that others were on board, too. There were various age groups, and he covered music for all of them.

We were quite dissapointed the following year to see him gone. We were again on the Legend, this time joined by my SO and his mom. My SO was looking forward to spending time in Billie's with me, but the piano player seemed to have her own agenda.

From the link, it looks like Duane is now on the Miracle.

Sorry, Duabe out me to sleep. When we were on the Miracle with him yhe p bar was DEAD.

Archived