Bottled Water

chrischill

Hi All,

I will be sailing out of San Juan on Golden Princess 9/05/04. My question is about bringing bottled water on board the ship. I was thinking about hitting the Costco in San Juan and bringing on 2 cases. I don't like spending $5.00 for a bottle like it was on Royal Carribean last year. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks , Chrischill

We usually bring a couple of bottles of water with us and then refill them with water from the faucet or from the Lido. The ship's water is all made on the ship and is as good as most bottled waters. There really isn't need to buy extra bottled water unless you like a particular brand or like the flavored kind.

Have a great next cruise.

I definitely wouldn't go through the hassle of buying a couple cases to bring on board. Just do like the others say, and bring some bottles, and fill from the tap. You should have a small fridge to keep it cold, or you can get ice as well. Besides, by the time you take a cab to Costco, wherever it is, you'll probably end up spending more, plus you are hoping that prices in san Juan are the smae as back home.

My husband has a particular bottled water he has to have, so we pack water and take it with us. Just don't put it in your carry on. I have heard people complain about having it confiscated. We wrap ours in bubble tape and put it in a large duffle bag along with a few sodas we like that are not offered on the ship. Then we use the empty duffle bag for dirty clothes or souvenirs on the return trip home. It has a luggage tag on it and goes along with the rest of our luggage. They don't seem to worry about what's in the luggage. But for some reason, they don't like excessive drinks in your carry on. You can carry a few in it, but if it's a lot they'll fuss about it and take some out. They have a limit on how many drinks you can carry on. Funny thing is, they don't check the luggage for it. We have done it many times and never had a problem. The carry ons are ex-rayed as you get on the ship. Some cruise lines are more strict than others with your carry ons. None have ever cared about what's in the luggage though. So if you want, you can carry some on. We do and it's not a problem.

Archived