Bonine Seasick Pills

LARGIN

This is probably old information for long time cruisers but newbies might not know. Bonine is a great product to take to prevent seasickness. It costs around $7.50 for a box of 16 tablets. Mecilizine HCL is the generic name for this drug and can be bought without a prescription at any pharmacy including Costco. 100 tablets cost $5.00 at Costco and $6.00 at most pharmacies.. A great savings....

Just in case that you run out or forgot to bring the "Bonnine" pills......most ships have them available for the asking. You can get them from the Guest Relations, your steward/ess or the medical facility.

And if you are prone to sea sickness (about 28% of people) do not wait untill you are sick to take the pills..........it is too late, at that point go to the medical facility to get an injection (it is costly but if it works it is priceless and you will get most of the 'money' back from your insurance).

Wes

I swear by the meclazine.I used to use the patch but had a problem one time with them.I got the drug in my eyes after touching the patch and then rubbing my eyes.Well my eyes were dilated for the rest of the cruise and it was a problem.So now I use the meclazine only and love it.I start taking them about 2days before my cruise and it is in my system by the time we set sail.I take them at night and don'thave any trouble with drowsiness.

Karen

Archived